Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward's New Attitude
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

he's beat all the best in division. he'll have to wait for a new threat to emerge before he can slay them. at this point....if stevenson beats dawson...he can call out ward...that wouldn't be a super fight but if adonis can ko dawson it makes it look like ward is taking on a beast. if dawson beats stevenson impressively, he can say the fight against ward was a fluke and challenge ward to come up. he wouldn't be standing on anything, but it's a possibility. there's so many variables....it's hard to see any big pay days for him.

here's the list of opposition available....

froch
bika
bute
stevenson
ward
bhop
stiegletz
oosthuizen
groves
rodriquez
dirrell
cloud
cleverly
chavez jr
ggg

none of these guys spells big pay day immediately except for maybe bhop. he just has to wait and see what develops and stay busy in the mean time. i think ggg can be a big pay day before he makes his move to 175. chavez jr as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 6 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 06:23 PM) *
he's beat all the best in division. he'll have to wait for a new threat to emerge before he can slay them. at this point....if stevenson beats dawson...he can call out ward...that wouldn't be a super fight but if adonis can ko dawson it makes it look like ward is taking on a beast. if dawson beats stevenson impressively, he can say the fight against ward was a fluke and challenge ward to come up. he wouldn't be standing on anything, but it's a possibility. there's so many variables....it's hard to see any big pay days for him.

here's the list of opposition available....

froch
bika
bute
stevenson
ward
bhop
stiegletz
oosthuizen
groves
rodriquez
dirrell
cloud
cleverly
chavez jr
ggg

none of these guys spells big pay day immediately except for maybe bhop. he just has to wait and see what develops and stay busy in the mean time. i think ggg can be a big pay day before he makes his move to 175. chavez jr as well.

you forgot mayweather. duh!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 7 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #23

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 07:36 PM) *
he's content with goosen. he's getting what he wants. everyone seems to be measuring him to floyd. they're different ppl.

He could be much bigger if only HE took control of his own destiny and career. He's a smart man and he can actually articulate his ideas and convey them even when being an announcer. Compared to Floyd always saying the same lines time and time again. Ward could go above and beyond even Floyd, he's done things Floyd wasn't able to do, get that Gold Medal.

He's getting too comfortable, and what would happen if Ward were to lose? People already don't know him other than those that watch boxing everyday, if he loses does he go back to fighting only once every 1 or 2 years. Either way he seems to be fading away if he doesn't take the big fights fast! Chavez jr, and GGG would be the best fights right now that would put his name on the map. Then command the Steven or Dawson winner. Take Canelo as another big $$ fight as he moves up, its only 1 weight class difference.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 7 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I really don't know why everyones pushing GGG onto Ward, Wards a lot bigger than him. I don't mean in size either

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jun 7 2013, 10:43 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 7 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 7 2013, 06:56 AM) *
He could be much bigger if only HE took control of his own destiny and career. He's a smart man and he can actually articulate his ideas and convey them even when being an announcer. Compared to Floyd always saying the same lines time and time again. Ward could go above and beyond even Floyd, he's done things Floyd wasn't able to do, get that Gold Medal.

He's getting too comfortable, and what would happen if Ward were to lose? People already don't know him other than those that watch boxing everyday, if he loses does he go back to fighting only once every 1 or 2 years. Either way he seems to be fading away if he doesn't take the big fights fast! Chavez jr, and GGG would be the best fights right now that would put his name on the map. Then command the Steven or Dawson winner. Take Canelo as another big $$ fight as he moves up, its only 1 weight class difference.

Anyone with eyes could see Floyd was cheated out of the Gold Medal. I saw it with my own eyes. he was cheated. Matter of fact one of the judges retired because he was so disgusted what went down.

Ward needs new management and J Prince isn't it. If Mosley is getting better match ups then you then you know it is time to switch!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jun 7 2013, 02:51 PM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 7 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #26

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 7 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Anyone with eyes could see Floyd was cheated out of the Gold Medal. I saw it with my owns. he was cheated. Matter of fact one of the judges retired because he was so disgusted what went down.

Ward needs new management and J Prince isn't it. If Mosley is getting better match ups then you then you know it is time to switch!

I agree with you, I thought he won the fight.

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 7 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #27

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:13 PM) *
ward seems like the same God fearing down to earth dude he's always been. he's said...he can walk away from the sport now with the satisfaction of knowing that he gave it his all...and did the best he could do. he still wants to accomplish more...and i've always got the impression that he would. i think a lot of how he is choosing to communicate these days has more to do with some of the shit that is being thrown at him. he's putting things in perspective. he speaks with confidence and always has. ward is behaving like a man. don't expect any emotional shit talking or any of that. he does all of his talking in the ring.

I agree with you, I think ward is amazing, he is a REAL guy, and a real deal tuff guy , he doesn't play games, he takes things serious I don't ever see this guys head bloating, he is too much of a mans man for that....

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 7 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #28

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 7 2013, 10:56 AM) *

Ward reminds me of mayweather in the sense that when he is fighting I know his conditioning and focus are at 100% With that being said I do not see ward losing anytime soon , unless some Roy jones type surfaces out of the blue.....also canelo alveraz is a big young kid, don't be surprised if he fills out enough to challenge ward

This post has been edited by Junior80: Jun 7 2013, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 7 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 7 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Ward reminds me of mayweather in the sense that when he is fighting I know his conditioning and focus are at 100% With that being said I do not see ward losing anytime soon , unless some Roy jones type surfaces out of the blue.....also canelo alveraz is a big young kid, don't be surprised if he fills out enough to challenge ward

LMAO! Yeah right, he only fights people in lower divisions. he is 41-0 and that last win was the FIRST fight he had agaisnt a fighter in his weight class.

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Jun 8 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #30

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

not to be that dude, but its 'conceited', not 'conceded' attitude.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:48 AM