IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rematch: Maidana vs. Mayweather, Same result?
Dolimite
post Jul 28 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #131

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 27 2014, 10:39 AM) *
I wouldn't saying it's never a good look, everything doesn't need to be commented on. Something's if you comment on it it makes you look worse or guilty of what's actually being alleged. Sometimes you have to just let the storm pass

Yes I agree he had the resources to fight it but with anything in life you have to choose your battles wisely. Them laws is messed up though, if you get into a verbal disagreement with your girl, whoever calls the cops first is in the clear, either that or when the cops come out somebody has to go to jail. And 9 out of 10, it's the guy who goes...I don't condone physically assaulting a woman but hell we all done wanted to put our hands on a female at one time or another..anybody whose says otherwise lying lol

Jake Lamotta's pimp hand was strong and he's beloved, if Tyson ever saw Robin givens again, I bet it would be some furniture moving and I bet just like Lamotta wouldn't nobody care. The proof is in the pudding, we allow arched Gamboa fight recently and he's been arrested and charged twice with domestic violence and the most recent incident being last November. Edwin Valero, Miguel Cotto, all have been accused of domestic violence

I see the significance but I also don't see it. Because it's criminals everywhere, might as well stop watching sports, especially football if we're going to punish athletes for crimes they've either paid the price for or are about to. That deadspin article was what it was but I look back to Tyson, he got charged, convicted, and served his time yet people still bring this shot up. At what point does it stop? It's over, same for Mayweather, he pleaded, served his time, it's over. I think we should all just let it go. I don't like to play judge, jury, and executioner. If he did it then he has to live with that, for me, I'm taking my ass to Vegas I'm September and expect a great show. After that he could go beat up all the women at fat burger for all I care lol

Rub it in. I agree with you, let's not forget Ray Rice plastered his now wife, Brett Farve had a case against him, Jim Brown was HELL on his ladies, Chico Corrales beat his lady ass, Felton pulled a gun on his ex wife, I mean the list goes on and on. I think people love t hate on certain athletes, it is what they do. Mayweather served his time and since then, haven't heard shit from him hitting women. So maybe it was a great thing he went to jail, anger management is a must. Plus Ms. Harris was at his last fight, Ben Thompson even interviewed her. So if she can forgive Floyd I am sure we can. Again no pictures were taken and she wasn't trying to put out any pictures. I say someone got the shit shaken out of them. I have not hit a chic, not my style, I have shaken one maybe two for being really damn dumb. Good post.

Off topic, how is Derrick Rose doing?

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Am sure an argument could be made about the different sizes of surface area to transfer power etc etc etc, but there all effectively invalid since I doubt Maidana will ever get a decent extension, perfectly on hit that sweet spot with e jaw or temple.

You would love it if Madaina could. I doubt Chino hits harder than Mosely or Judah. They hit Mayweather flush and he stood his ground. Mayweather's chin is under appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 29 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #132

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 28 2014, 06:43 PM) *
Rub it in. I agree with you, let's not forget Ray Rice plastered his now wife, Brett Farve had a case against him, Jim Brown was HELL on his ladies, Chico Corrales beat his lady ass, Felton pulled a gun on his ex wife, I mean the list goes on and on. I think people love t hate on certain athletes, it is what they do. Mayweather served his time and since then, haven't heard shit from him hitting women. So maybe it was a great thing he went to jail, anger management is a must. Plus Ms. Harris was at his last fight, Ben Thompson even interviewed her. So if she can forgive Floyd I am sure we can. Again no pictures were taken and she wasn't trying to put out any pictures. I say someone got the shit shaken out of them. I have not hit a chic, not my style, I have shaken one maybe two for being really damn dumb. Good post.

You would love it if Madaina could. I doubt Chino hits harder than Mosely or Judah. They hit Mayweather flush and he stood his ground. Mayweather's chin is under appreciated.

It's pretty typical to expect derogatory sh*t to come out of the mouth of those who are Pacquiao fans, they're looking for anyone to get Money out of there and they also look for any pathetic little thing they could find to nitpick him while nothing comes out of their mouths about Manny facing 2 blown up LWs both of which somehow jumped ahead of the line of better fighters than those he's facing but oddly enough they'd rather focus on this glove issue with Mayweather. lol, so pathetic they are.

I wonder what kind of crap Marcos is going to be reduced to doing since he isn't going to be able to do his UFC moves.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 29 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #133

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 29 2014, 12:43 AM) *

I think I've already explained before that Mayweather losing, as much as I think hes a dick, means boxing losing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #134

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 28 2014, 06:43 PM) *

Rose is looking pretty good from what I seen of the clips from the USA basketball training camp

If we're going to single out one guy then I find it unfair. You named all these NFL players,half them guys can't keep their hands to themselves and be busting up their women. No one brings that up. Mayweather got into pretty much the same trouble right before he fought Corrales, and those who are harping on this are still watching him. Of you don't like it turn it off. I don't like the complaining. Especially when Cotto did the same thing but people washed and paid to see him steamroll Martienz. Where was his article or conversation of trouble.

And look at it like this, Mayweather supposedly has done this that and the third to women. And for those who are still harping on it, what do they do if their brother or cousin hits their spouse? I bet you they still ride with them and don't bring it up. Or what if these critics of Mayweather, what if they see a man hitting a woman? What do they do, I bet you half of em don't do shit, but they can bring up Mayweather's problems when in all likelyhood we've all known someone whose been a victim or someone whose done that stuff. Bet cha they ain't do shit but they got time to put energy into another man's issue

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Yesterday, 07:16 AM
Post #135

Super Middleweight

Mayweather wants the fight to be for both 147lb and 154lb titles. Which is pretty absurd seeing as Maidana has never fought at 154lb

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Post #136

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 30 2014, 04:16 AM) *
Mayweather wants the fight to be for both 147lb and 154lb titles. Which is pretty absurd seeing as Maidana has never fought at 154lb

He has to defend that belt, Chris Aligeri never fought at 147 and he is fighting for Manny's belt. No different. Shit Cotto just won a belt at 160 and they didn't fight at 160. It is endless. Pac fought for vacant titles and not at those titles weight. Hence the only boxer to be a 8 division champ. Mayweather ain't the first or last to do it. Sugar Ray Leonard did it in 88. Let's be balanced.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Post #137

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 30 2014, 09:02 AM) *
He has to defend that belt, Chris Aligeri never fought at 147 and he is fighting for Manny's belt. No different. Shit Cotto just won a belt at 160 and they didn't fight at 160. It is endless. Pac fought for vacant titles and not at those titles weight. Hence the only boxer to be a 8 division champ. Mayweather ain't the first or last to do it. Sugar Ray Leonard did it in 88. Let's be balanced.

+1

To add to your remark I'll tack on this; IMHO this is not any different than when they gave Klitschko that Champion Emeritus crap when he had a few fighters who wanted to face him, when he came back after the better part of a year or more he was still a Champion in his weight class when he should've been stripped outright.

If no big deal was made at that time then there shouldn't be a big deal now that it is Mayweather.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Post #138

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 30 2014, 05:34 PM) *
+1

To add to your remark I'll tack on this; IMHO this is not any different than when they gave Klitschko that Champion Emeritus crap when he had a few fighters who wanted to face him, when he came back after the better part of a year or more he was still a Champion in his weight class when he should've been stripped outright.

If no big deal was made at that time then there shouldn't be a big deal now that it is Mayweather.

so what your saying is that if something was done wrong before and we have a chance to change it, we shouldnt do that we should just let it be wrong. i suppose we may as well forget any progression in boxing.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:04 PM