> Amir Khan It Is
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 11:13 AM) *
I think khan gonna surprise some people..

Hmmm...

I wouldn't rule it out. Let's face it, he has nothing to lose at this point. He's been looking less than stellar against B-level guys and blown up lightweights, so this fight is a beautiful departure gift. He has other fights after the Floyd fight, but I'm just speaking of his performances as of late.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 5 2013, 12:27 PM) *
Why do I got to get jessie jail bird Jr? I'm not buying this fight. I'm sorry.

LOL

So let me guess, you're gonna sit at home on a big night of boxing, and...STREAM this fight? After months of endless threads and promotions?! Oh wait, I get it, you're gonna go to a local bar and watch it. So let me guess your purchases for that evening...

1. Wings w/fires: $10-$12 or Nachos (you don't seem like the masculine wing-type man): $10
2. Beers (a real man's drink): $20-$25 by the end of the night
OR
3. Cosmos (a Dolimite type of drink): $20 by the end of the night
4. Tip (if you aren't a cheap bastard)

So I'd say that you're gonna spend roughly $50 - $60 anyway...which is close to $70...so why not watch it at home?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 5 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 10:55 AM) *
Hmmm...

I wouldn't rule it out. Let's face it, he has nothing to lose at this point. He's been looking less than stellar against B-level guys and blown up lightweights, so this fight is a beautiful departure gift. He has other fights after the Floyd fight, but I'm just speaking of his performances as of late.

LOL

So let me guess, you're gonna sit at home on a big night of boxing, and...STREAM this fight? After months of endless threads and promotions?! Oh wait, I get it, you're gonna go to a local bar and watch it. So let me guess your purchases for that evening...

1. Wings w/fires: $10-$12 or Nachos (you don't seem like the masculine wing-type man): $10
2. Beers (a real man's drink): $20-$25 by the end of the night
OR
3. Cosmos (a Dolimite type of drink): $20 by the end of the night
4. Tip (if you aren't a cheap bastard)

So I'd say that you're gonna spend roughly $50 - $60 anyway...which is close to $70...so why not watch it at home?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Dude, you really do hate me! I do drink beer but more of red wine type of guy. And I only drink one kind of beer well two. Stellas and La Fin Du Moud. I'm very picky. Not cheap and I like wings but I would order cheese sticks and chicken nachos. I'm not ordering this fight nor am I going to a bar. I will catch the replay. Plus my second child is due around that time.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Dec 5 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

I mean if Danny Garcia doesn't want to fight him..what other realistic options does Floyd have?

Ill catch this one of firstrow lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 5 2013, 03:25 PM) *
Dude, you really do hate me! I do drink beer but more of red wine type of guy. And I only drink one kind of beer well two. Stellas and La Fin Du Moud. I'm very picky. Not cheap and I like wings but I would order cheese sticks and chicken nachos. I'm not ordering this fight nor am I going to a bar. I will catch the replay. Plus my second child is due around that time.

Man, if I hated you, then I wouldn't pick at you so much! Lol

Stellas are pretty good (they smell like weed, lol), but I need to try that La Fin Du Moud...never had it before. You lost me on the cheese sticks part, but thus far, you've retained your man card. Lol

You're gonna catch the replay? So you're gonna leave us hanging like that on fight night? (guilt trip coming soon)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 5 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 5 2013, 03:25 PM) *

Idk if it was you I said this to last time.. but your getting real suspect bra, woe lol

+Quote Post
dre98
post Dec 6 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 11:04 AM) *
Are we really using an unofficial Mayweather fan page on Facebook, as a source???

I'm not saying that it isn't true, but I haven't seen this fight confirmed on credible boxing sites yet.

How??? Please explain this.

Last time I checked, guys were saying that Cotto would get "Gatti'd", Guerrero would get the Baldomir treatment, and Canelo would get beat in the same fashion as Corrales did. NONE of that happened..

Well one thing is if you re visit the fight he had with prescott and garcia when he was trading with them he got rocked. When mayweather fought N'dou he had decent speed and was a strong puncher. I believe Khan might get some hits in like N'dou did but he might get stopped like both guys.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 6 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Khan is the most interesting fight out there if you only look at the guys GBP has at 140 and 147....either he or Broner. Khan will make for an interesting fight. He will bring activity and hand-speed to the ring that I don't think Floyd has ever seen. Some people say that Khan will win some early rounds and possibly lead the first half of the fight before getting knocked out. Well that is certainly possible, but even that would be the most exciting Mayweather fight we have seen in a long time...possibly ever. Imagine the drama if Khan is ahead on the cards after 6 rounds and then imagine if Mayweather comes back and knocks him out. That only adds to Mayweather's legacy.

It is also important to remember that Khan has gone a full 12 rounds and beaten Maidana. He lasted all the way with Peterson. Those are 2 hard-hitting 140 pound fighters. Khan got knocked out by Garcia but if you watch the fight in the first 2/3 rounds you will notice that he actually took Garcia's shots pretty well. It was a wild neck shot that eventually took him out. Khan does have a weak chin, but I think there is a real chance he can last a full 12 rounds with Floyd. If that happens, Khan could bank enough rounds with speed and activity to at least give us the most exciting Floyd fight we have seen since Castillo.

Styles make fights. We have all heard that. Khan's style at least poses a problem for Mayweather that very few in boxing can pose. I am really looking forward to that.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 6 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Man, if I hated you, then I wouldn't pick at you so much! Lol

Stellas are pretty good (they smell like weed, lol), but I need to try that La Fin Du Moud...never had it before. You lost me on the cheese sticks part, but thus far, you've retained your man card. Lol

You're gonna catch the replay? So you're gonna leave us hanging like that on fight night? (guilt trip coming soon)

La Fin Du Moud is that beer! Let me clarify the cheese sticks, mozzarella sticks. The kind they fry. Love em

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Idk if it was you I said this to last time.. but your getting real suspect bra, woe lol

How? You don't like mozarella cheese sticks?
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 6 2013, 06:16 AM) *
Khan is the most interesting fight out there if you only look at the guys GBP has at 140 and 147....either he or Broner. Khan will make for an interesting fight. He will bring activity and hand-speed to the ring that I don't think Floyd has ever seen. Some people say that Khan will win some early rounds and possibly lead the first half of the fight before getting knocked out. Well that is certainly possible, but even that would be the most exciting Mayweather fight we have seen in a long time...possibly ever. Imagine the drama if Khan is ahead on the cards after 6 rounds and then imagine if Mayweather comes back and knocks him out. That only adds to Mayweather's legacy.

It is also important to remember that Khan has gone a full 12 rounds and beaten Maidana. He lasted all the way with Peterson. Those are 2 hard-hitting 140 pound fighters. Khan got knocked out by Garcia but if you watch the fight in the first 2/3 rounds you will notice that he actually took Garcia's shots pretty well. It was a wild neck shot that eventually took him out. Khan does have a weak chin, but I think there is a real chance he can last a full 12 rounds with Floyd. If that happens, Khan could bank enough rounds with speed and activity to at least give us the most exciting Floyd fight we have seen since Castillo.

Styles make fights. We have all heard that. Khan's style at least poses a problem for Mayweather that very few in boxing can pose. I am really looking forward to that.

Its a shit fight. What is May going to say? What?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 7 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

It's going to be Devon. Khan hasn't looked good in a while

Edit: Scratch that lmao

This post has been edited by Plah: Dec 8 2013, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:01 PM