IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:10PM(ET),9PM(CT),8PM(PT)-Alexander/Kotelnik, SPOILERS-15 Minutes Later (No New Threads or Duplicate Topics)
caneman
post Aug 8 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 8 2010, 12:14 PM) *
like ive said i havent gone back and watched the fight i stopped watching it round the 8th or so round but maybe the fuss is cuzz no one expected this fight to even be close... this was supposed to be a showcase fight for devon....

IMO, no matter what you have the score in this fight, round for round it was a close fight! It looks like my score 8-4 ish but again, there were some very close rounds & Alexander fought when he needed to box!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #22

Amateur

Great fight, I'll say that much!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #23

Amateur

Alexander had a shirt that said Bradley U next...that works for me & the winner fights Khan! Why do I feel that is only wishful thinking?

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 8 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #24

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 8 2010, 03:27 AM) *
I had Cloud over Johnson 115-113. The old man did very well, but there were just a couple instances where he lost a couple of rounds with Cloud doing just a little more in critical moments. Nice little war.

Easy 118-110 for Alexander over Kotelnik. Kot tried, but Alexander was just quicker and speedier in most of the exchanges. Can't see Devon beating Bradley, although I think it would still be a war. I disagree with our CEO BIG TIME on this fight. LOL!

Jack

I had Cloud by the same, Jack...but WOWZERS on your main event card....lol....all I saw from Alexander was an overabundance of extremely fast, missing punches...

Kotelnik was snapping his head back all night long...timing the shit out of him....it was like he couldn't miss the right side of Alexander's face...

I think this was a serious exposal...

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 8 2010, 11:25 AM) *
yo ceo... i have to tell you i stopped watching the fight in bout the 8th or so round cuzz my girlfriend came over but my lil cuzzin, the one you plpay online against in fnr4 was watching the fights, and he tells me he is sure kotelink won that fight... i need to go back and watch it but one thing i can tell you from the 8 or so rounds i saw... alexander is not the top 140 lber... no sir!!!

No doubt...a Draw is the extreme most it could be for Alexander...maybe this was a very off night for him...but any which way, Bradley is better than him.

Replace Kotelnik with a prime Tszyu last night, and we might have seen Alexander do an involuntary Judah impersonation...lol

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Aug 8 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #25

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:27 AM) *
Easy 118-110 for Alexander over Kotelnik.

Maybe on Mars...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 8 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #26

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Very divergent scores for sure in Alexander-Kotelnik. I saw a lopsided fight and so did several others. (I went back and actually had it 9-3 for Alexander or 117-111, not 118-110.) We had other people who saw a close fight and their several others. Can't call incompetence on those who scored wide, because it was a fight where it came down to an interpretation of style. I liked the activity, boxing skills and combos of Alexander seeing him as the busier fighter. Occasionally, Kotelnik would land with a hard shot or two, but the boxing work of Alexander IMO was better than Kotelnik.

I do think Kotelnik tried very hard. He has balls, and if courage alone won fights, he would be a winner, but he was just out-boxed too much in the early and middle rounds. He rallied but it was too late. In the old days of 15 round fights, I think Kotelnik would have done better and made it closer. Alexander WAS getting tired I thought around the 10th round, but the first eight rounds he was doing more. Kotelnik ran out of rounds that he needed to complete his rally. and remember that close rounds almost always go to either the champion or the more marketable fighter in most instances of judging.

You have to earn that title as a challenger most of the time by wining definitively from a champion, especially in the champions' own backyard.

I do have to say that I was SHOCKED by the level of inexperience going into the Cloud-Johnson fight, of the resumes of the judges. I don't know what was up with that?

Jack

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 8 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 8 2010, 12:30 PM) *
Alexander had a shirt that said Bradley U next...that works for me & the winner fights Khan! Why do I feel that is only wishful thinking?

Kellerman was spot on; a weak performance by Alexander does more to make the fight happen than a strong performance. I think GBP and Khan will see the performance and want to make a fight.

+Quote Post
jkfitpro
post Aug 8 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #28

Amateur

Member No.: 3,373

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 8 2010, 11:26 AM) *
I had it 115-113 for Kotelnik but it was a very close fight, No Robbery IMO.

I stand by my statement... KHAN is the Best 140lber.

This is pretty much how i see it. If Khan's not the best he's RIGHT up there with Bradley. Khan thoroughly disposed of Kotelnik last year. After the criticism Khan has taken on these boards, it aint surprising how no-one wants to reflect on that little point there.....

This post has been edited by jkfitpro: Aug 8 2010, 01:08 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 8 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #29

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (jkfitpro @ Aug 8 2010, 01:06 PM) *
This is pretty much how i see it. If Khan's not the best he's RIGHT up there with Bradley. Khan thoroughly disposed of Kotelnik last year. After the criticism Khan has taken on these boards, it aint surprising how no-one wants to reflect on that little point there.....

I think Bradley is probably the number one guy right now. Even though Khan has bounced back, I would still like him to avenge that Prescott humiliation. I do think that when a guy gets shockingly blitzed like that, it shows a vulnerable chin. I think Khan could get blitzed again by a hard puncher.

I want to see Alexander-Bradley!

Jack

+Quote Post
jkfitpro
post Aug 8 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #30

Amateur

Member No.: 3,373

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:24 PM) *
I think Bradley is probably the number one guy right now. Even though Khan has bounced back, I would still like him to avenge that Prescott humiliation. I do think that when a guy gets shockingly blitzed like that, it shows a vulnerable chin. I think Khan could get blitzed again by a hard puncher.

I want to see Alexander-Bradley!

Jack

I totally agree about the unfinished business with Prescott. I see him handily beating him in a rematch. You're right thought, there IS a huge question mark around Khan's chin. I wouldn't say i'd be shocked if he gets KO'd against one of the top level operators. In every other department however, i think he is truly world class.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:16 PM