> SHANE MOSLEY: "I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO CANELO"
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12158.html

Obviously Shane's going to go for the knockout, and Im sure Canelo wants to do the same. Oscar's putting Canelo in there with Shane to make sure he leaves the sport for good. Shane's ready to shit on ALL plans!

WAR MOSLEY!!!!

Anybody else excited about this fight?

*No bitches allowed*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 13 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

I just hope Shane comes to fight. Hes got a bad as bitch on his arm and he needs them checks. Shes in her early 20s and hes gonna have to keep earning. So if he pulls another snooze fest he may never get an HBO fight again. I always root for Shane because hes from Pomona, which is the next town over, and I used to always see him at the 24hr. fitness center back in 2007. So just come to fight and who care if you get stopped. Theres Thomas Dulorme and others like that whos promoters would love to stick their fighters in with a has been. Shane could be that has been.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 13 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

shane is speaking with supreme confidence....unfortunately, he did the same when he fought pac. i'm hoping he has something left and i would love nothing more but for him to upset the chosen one. but from what i see of the footage....nothing has changed. he doesn't look any faster or sharper....his technique still looks the same. i'll be rooting for shane...but this isn't like the margarito fight where i knew tony was softened up by cotto and i knew shane would win. canelo is a young gun who is not as slow, shop worn or as easy to hit as margarito. he also has decent speed and power. i hope shane makes a fight of it.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Not convinced,

I think Mosley shows up for a payday. And the only reason he looked good against "Margacheato" is because "Cheato" didn't have his plaster hands. The only question is, will Alvarez be the first to stop Mosley? He "played nice" after the 2nd round against Mayweather, and has been too nice in recent years. The best Mosley was in his days as Lightweight Champion and including Delahoya I.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

can't see him doing much, but there's always that chance.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 13 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Not convinced,

I think Mosley shows up for a payday. And the only reason he looked good against "Margacheato" is because "Cheato" didn't have his plaster hands. The only question is, will Alvarez be the first to stop Mosley? He "played nice" after the 2nd round against Mayweather, and has been too nice in recent years. The best Mosley was in his days as Lightweight Champion and including Delahoya I.

Jack

Enough said, case closed.

***Curtains***

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 13 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Not convinced,

Jack

there were rumors before the fight that margarito had a bad back and bad eye. those injuries were the result of the cotto fight imo. i'm sure getting busted trying to cheat played a part too...

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 13 2012, 04:54 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Man yall are smokin' liquid crack! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Shane is gonna pull this one off! Canelo can and will be hit on May 5th. Of course, he's supposed to talk smack before a fight, but the only time I was convinced was before the Manny fight.

I think we've all made it clear that he didn't look good against the 1A and 1B fighters in the sport...who does? Not many. As for the Margarito fight...he was there to be hit, nuff said. I highly doubt that Cotto softened Margarito up, if anything, Miguel did more damage to himself in that fight.

I believe Cotto was given too much credit in that fight anyway, and most of it was based off of sympathy AFTER the handwrap scandal surfaced. All I remember hearing and also saying was, "Cotto clearly won the first 6 rounds, then Margarito took over from that point on".

Fact is, Cotto was getting hit the WHOLE time, and was beginning to get busted up in the second round. Loaded wraps or not, he was still getting touched and cornered/walk down.

As for Shane and Canelo...Mosley is the most dangerous "past prime" fighter that he's fought to date. We saw J. Cotto hurt him, Baldomir caught him, Hatton was able to take his punches, and the shot Cintron had his ass in check with that right hand that he was oh so reluctant to throw...let's not forget how he ate jabs in that fight. Im sure Mosley is a guy that can equally do what's already been done to Canelo, but he surely can finish it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 13 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 06:30 PM) *
Man yall are smokin' liquid crack! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Shane is gonna pull this one off! Canelo can and will be hit on May 5th. Of course, he's supposed to talk smack before a fight, but the only time I was convinced was before the Manny fight.

I think we've all made it clear that he didn't look good against the 1A and 1B fighters in the sport...who does? Not many. As for the Margarito fight...he was there to be hit, nuff said. I highly doubt that Cotto softened Margarito up, if anything, Miguel did more damage to himself in that fight.

I believe Cotto was given too much credit in that fight anyway, and most of it was based off of sympathy AFTER the handwrap scandal surfaced. All I remember hearing and also saying was, "Cotto clearly won the first 6 rounds, then Margarito took over from that point on".

Fact is, Cotto was getting hit the WHOLE time, and was beginning to get busted up in the second round. Loaded wraps or not, he was still getting touched and cornered/walk down.

As for Shane and Canelo...Mosley is the most dangerous "past prime" fighter that he's fought to date. We saw J. Cotto hurt him, Baldomir caught him, Hatton was able to take his punches, and the shot Cintron had is ass in check with that right hand that he was oh so reluctant to throw...let's forget how he ate jabs in that fight. Im sure Mosley is a guy that can equally do what's already been done to Canelo, but he surely can finish it.

first off...i love ur faith in shane. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) and ur right...there's no shame in losing to floyd or pac.

as for the cotto/marg fight (1st one)...cotto had margarito's head twisting like the exorcist and had him more busted up than i could recall seeing in any of his fights. ur right...margarito was landing shots....and loaded wraps or not...cotto fought the wrong fight...giving up ground to margarito, and pulling back into his windmill shots. in the 2nd fight...cotto did a much better job of staying off the ropes and didn't give margarito much opportunity. i know everyone thought the fight was playing out like the 1st one..but that's not my opinion. margarito did nothing to take steam out of cotto and was taking far more damage than he did in the first fight. sure cotto was a little winded...but every time margarito appeared to have cotto where he wanted him..cotto did a great job of stepping into the eye of the storm and forcing margarito back. something i said he had to do to win before the first fight.

as for canelo...u could contribute fighting at a weight that wasn't natural to him as the reason jose cotto was able to rock him. u are right....he was hit by slower, softer punching guys...i'd love to see shane pull it off, but i don't have the same confidence in him that u do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I expect Canelo to win. I think that it'll go the distance.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:44 PM