IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> donaire backing out of fight with rigondeaux..., didn't he say his opponents do not have to test?
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

He better NOT be trying to weasel his way outta this one! It seems that the reports are conflicting a bit, so I'm not sure what to believe right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 20 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Is it me or is Donaire really tryna back out of this fight? I mean Rigo says he wants a contract in Spanish before he signs it, seeing as he can only speak Spanish, this is fine..

As soon as Donaire hears about any kind of delay in the contract signing, he's instantly reporting to the media that there are problems and that he will look elsewhere?!

Plus lets not forget how they started throwing Vic's name around all of a sudden too???

I like Nonito as a fighter, and he generally has taken challenging fights, or at least worthy fighters. However this recent aversion to a fight with G-Rig is kinda weird. Mares he gets a pass due to the whole GBP/TR mess. That is not the case in regards to G-Rig tho...

Oh and you guys are right, what happened to the whole, " I don't care if my opponent takes the tests" crap Nonito was talking. You don't care if Arce an them don't, but G-Rig.. Better make sure huh? loool!

its probably because of the stuff thats come out about Gamboa that he's a bit nervous about.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Feb 20 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #13

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 20 2013, 10:32 AM) *
its probably because of the stuff thats come out about Gamboa that he's a bit nervous about.

Maybe...

But the only link between Gamboa and G-Rig is nationality I think. Plus his name wasn't in the notepads with everyone elses and Gamboa's... So if that is his reasoning, its a bit boo really. If anything I see it as more of an attempt to establish a link between the Cuban Olympian Gamboa's alleged PED use and the also former Cuban Olympian G-Rig. Like he's suggesting it, when all G-Rig did was ask for a translated version of the contract.

Either way, that still doesn't explain the change in attitude Nonito's had. From "let them juice so long as i'm clean" to "hey, I need to make sure this guy aint cheating yo". To me, that speaks more on his perception of G-Rig as a threat than anything else. Besides, G-Rig was the one who said he wanted to do the testing, so its unlikely that testing was ever an issue for him. He prob wasn't even looking to get the contract in Spanish for that purpose. He probably just wanted to make sure he wasn't signing anything stupid financially or otherwise.

That said, i'm of the opinon that at least all title fights should have some kind of stricter testing. So i'm not 100% against Donaire's stance, just the way he's gone about it in this instance.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 20 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Maybe...

But the only link between Gamboa and G-Rig is nationality I think. Plus his name wasn't in the notepads with everyone elses and Gamboa's... So if that is his reasoning, its a bit boo really. If anything I see it as more of an attempt to establish a link between the Cuban Olympian Gamboa's alleged PED use and the also former Cuban Olympian G-Rig. Like he's suggesting it, when all G-Rig did was ask for a translated version of the contract.

Either way, that still doesn't explain the change in attitude Nonito's had. From "let them juice so long as i'm clean" to "hey, I need to make sure this guy aint cheating yo". To me, that speaks more on his perception of G-Rig as a threat than anything else. Besides, G-Rig was the one who said he wanted to do the testing, so its unlikely that testing was ever an issue for him. He prob wasn't even looking to get the contract in Spanish for that purpose. He probably just wanted to make sure he wasn't signing anything stupid financially or otherwise.

That said, i'm of the opinon that at least all title fights should have some kind of stricter testing. So i'm not 100% against Donaire's stance, just the way he's gone about it in this instance.

What'd be nice is if you can just have like a press conference for contract signing, makes it so much harder for people to back out from shit haha

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 19 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Duck. Donaire has been ducking the top guys in every division for like 2 years now...

Edit: just read a report that said Rigo has no problem with testing. Sounds more like Donaire is having cold feet, Btw did nishioka, arce, or mathebula do testing?

yeah...he sounds petrified to me. it was too easy for him to state that his contract hasn't been signed yet and that he doesn't have to fight rigondeaux. i remember hearing that rigondeaux agreed to testing as well.

great point about nishioka, arce and mathebula...and exactly the one i was trying to make.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Feb 20 2013, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Is it me or is Donaire really tryna back out of this fight? I mean Rigo says he wants a contract in Spanish before he signs it, seeing as he can only speak Spanish, this is fine..

As soon as Donaire hears about any kind of delay in the contract signing, he's instantly reporting to the media that there are problems and that he will look elsewhere?!

Plus lets not forget how they started throwing Vic's name around all of a sudden too???

I like Nonito as a fighter, and he generally has taken challenging fights, or at least worthy fighters. However this recent aversion to a fight with G-Rig is kinda weird. Mares he gets a pass due to the whole GBP/TR mess. That is not the case in regards to G-Rig tho...

Oh and you guys are right, what happened to the whole, " I don't care if my opponent takes the tests" crap Nonito was talking. You don't care if Arce an them don't, but G-Rig.. Better make sure huh? loool!

seriously...this guy is losing credibility by the second.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I wonder what he'd be scared of...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 24 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Now he's threatening to pull out again because allegedly Rigo's signature on the contract for VADA testing was not his own, and he gave a 12pm ultimatum to Team Rigondeaux or he says he's pulling out. He's also complaining about Heredia being in Rigo's camp. He said he has concerns with Rigo working with a known PED supplier, this clown is forgetting that he's closely linked to Conte

And Arum has just came out and said he was there when Rigondeaux signed the VADA contract, somebody's full of shit and I'm starting to think it's Nonito "flabby" Donaire

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 24 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

ADMIN: According to Nonito, after verifying that USADA was not even contacted by Rigondeaux's team via USADAs news release, and the sudden inability to attain a phone number or whereabout of Rigondeaux for VADA, Dunkin will release a statement based on the contractual obligations required in his contract for the validity of this fight. Thank u for ur support in cleaning the sport.

well...fuck this fight better happen

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 24 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #20

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-rigondeaux...a-claims--62744

The Filipino Flab don't want any of Rigondeaux. He might get exposed. Rigo is just as fast if not faster and he packs a punch. Yeah he don't want any.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:11 PM