IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toney-Couture (SPOILERS WITHIN)-Expected Around 9:30 CT/10:30 ET, Keep Results Inside Thread When Known
Jack 1000
post Aug 28 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Update,

We will be pinning this up for anyone who chooses to talk about the Toney-Couture fight. Please keep all results inside of the thread. NOTE: A separate thread will be provided in the UFC forum for Penn-Edgar II and that forum should be used to talk about the other parts of the card.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 28 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

Im having a bit of reluctance ordering this UFC fight.

Im almost 100% sure that Toney is going to get his ass whoop in there....

Way outta shape and a complete novice...

This is an extreme boxing fan speaking.....Toney is losing this fight...

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 28 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #3

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Of course he'll lose...getting his ass kicked? I don't know about that.

Despite James being a complete novice to MMA, he's NOT a novice to fighting. After over 80 professional fights, he's learned how NOT to get his ass kicked.

Slow, boring, methodical decision.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 28 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I just can't see Dana White allowing a boxer to win a UFC event, unless he's got a contract with Toney for future UFC contests. I mean, how would it look to his organization if Toney were to win? White's hoping to come out of this with his UFC cronies hoping to say, "See, a UFC champion can kick the ass of a multi-boxing champion."

I'm torn in half on this match. Part of me wants Toney to lose just to shut his mouth. But the other part of me DOES NOT want Toney to lose because it sets a bad precedent for UFC fans into falsely believing that their sport "is so much better than boxing."

I still say it is best to stop comparing and contrasting the two sports and let them co-exist as separate sports. Is that a bad thing?

Jack

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 28 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 28 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Of course he'll lose...getting his ass kicked? I don't know about that.

Despite James being a complete novice to MMA, he's NOT a novice to fighting. After over 80 professional fights, he's learned how NOT to get his ass kicked.

Slow, boring, methodical decision.

That's what I'm saying. Toney isn't just a boxer, he's a straight up fighter. He'd handle his own in the streets. So while he's not an experienced MMA fighter, I don't think he'll go down like a chump.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Aug 28 2010, 06:58 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 28 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,253

First UFC fight I ever ordered. Fuck it. Toney has burned me more than a Tombstone whore, but I gotta ride for my sport, even thought this is NOT Boxing vs UFC.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 28 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

This isnt UFC champ vs boxing champ. This is a UFC veteran and former champion taking on a lower tier boxing champ. Its not really either sports best representatives in the cage.

The Klits have some kickboxing background dont they? I know Vitali does at least. If VItali were to step in there vs Lesnar, that would be the best heavies in their respective sports getting it on. What we have here is much lower down than the elite.

Age really is a factor in this match. Randy is alot older than toney (from a combat sports perspective, they are both old, but randy is ancient). However, like hopkins, he never lets himself get out of shape. James is a fat fuck. Some guys can still have decent cardio while carrying a load of blubber (ie Big country Nelson, and Cabbage Carrera), but i dont think James is prepared for how grueling the wrestling game is on your cardio and anaerobic fitness. If he survives the first round, with Randy applying his relentless pressure, james is going to need a defibrillator in between rounds.

For an old dude, Couture is a cardio machine. Take a look at his highlights video. He's not a power puncher or juggernaut. He just overwhelms people with his pace and controls them with dominant greco roman wrestling.

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Aug 28 2010, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 28 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,253

This isnt UFC champ vs boxing champ. This is a UFC veteran and former champion taking on a lower tier boxing champ. Its not really either sports best representatives in the cage.

Of course. I know that.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 28 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #9

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I got the haps on the taps if ya know what I'm sayin'...lol

PM me if interested...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 28 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #10

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Little fight comin' up...Diaz vs. Davis...

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:56 AM