Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Cintron, WTH?
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

While editing a poll today, I checked the schedule on The Ring website to see how many more big fights could potentially go on the poll before the new year. Then I ran into this one..Alvarez vs Cintron. I immediately asked myself...what in the hell has Cintron done to get a title shot, besides get his ass handed to him all summer?

Sadly, this is a step up in competition for Canelo...so I wont complain much. As far as Cintron goes...lucky bastard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) ...reminds me of the many chances Judah has been given to redeem himself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 18 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 09:44 PM) *
While editing a poll today, I checked the schedule on The Ring website to see how many more big fights could potentially go on the poll before the new year. Then I ran into this one..Alvarez vs Cintron. I immediately asked myself...what in the hell has Cintron done to get a title shot, besides get his ass handed to him all summer?

Sadly, this is a step up in competition for Canelo...so I wont complain much. As far as Cintron goes...lucky bastard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) ...reminds me of the many chances Judah has been given to redeem himself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

well... if it goes down at least cintron has a better chance than mathew hatton.... one way to look at it... lol...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 18 2011, 11:00 PM) *
well... if it goes down at least cintron has a better chance than mathew hatton.... one way to look at it... lol...

Yeah Cintron does have a better chance than all of Canelo's recent opponents, but I was just pissed about the fact that Contron has done nothing to even deserve a title shot. Glad you brought that to my attention though...now Im a bit more interested in seeing it...other than the fact that I dont have to pay for it! Lol

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Oct 18 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 10:44 PM) *

I feel you Because he pulled a Bernard on Paul Williams why should he get a shot they should make Canelo fight the winner of Angulo vs Kirkland (IMG:style_emoticons/default/threaten.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (zucrates @ Oct 18 2011, 11:45 PM) *
I feel you Because he pulled a Bernard on Paul Williams why should he get a shot they should make Canelo fight the winner of Angulo vs Kirkland (IMG:style_emoticons/default/threaten.gif)

Hahahaha!!! I almost forgot about that stunt that took place in the P. Willy fight, lol. Im sure the winner of Angulo/Kirkland is next...you may be onto something here!

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 18 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,386

I think Kermit Cintron might be a little washed up. That sounds crazy since he's still kind of young, but he hasn't looked good at all in his last two matches. He fought on Showtime against Carlos Molina, and was worked. He lost damn near every round to a guy he would have beat 3-5 years ago. He also had a close fight with Antwone Smith, and was getting worked in stages of that fight. There's a reason he's fighting Canelo now, and it's not to win. It's a good name for the resume, but Canelo will win.

At the same time, Alfonso Gomez was putting rounds in the bank against Canelo before that stoppage. However, Gomez was real busy and tried to put pressure on him. I don't see Cintron being that busy, and I see Canelo just outworking him.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 19 2011, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

Cintron got his ass kicked by Molina. I just can't help remembering what happened when he was put in the ring with an undefeated fighter who was supposed to truck him over. He ended up showing up that night. Canelito is no Angulo but it could be possible that a different version of Kermit Cintron could show up on that night. I highly doubt it, but I'm not ruling it out. James Kirkland is an interesting fighter to keep a close eye on. I wonder how his confidence is going to be after being knocked out by the kid from Japan. Angulo was getting outboxed by Joel Julio until he timed him. If Kirkland can box when he needs to, he may be able to keep his chin out of harm's way. I'd like to see a Mexican Aztec war between Alvarez and Angulo. Although Kirkland would have earned it by beating Angulo, I think I'd rather see the Mexican fighters have at it. Kirkland may be able to shock Alvarez with his smash mouth style. That is if he still has the confidence. Boxing is amazing because it's tough to call. Everytime we see a fighter in the ring, it's a new chance to learn something about that fighter. Who knew that Kermit Cintron could fly? If it wasn't for that fight with P-Dub, we'd have never known. Dive, tuck, roll, and land softly. LOL.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Oct 19 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Member No.: 10,999

Title's are meaningless these days. I don't look at Canelo as Champion so I have no problem this fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I totally agree Haz...Cintron was supposed to be run over by Angulo, though some qualified observers already knew what the deal was. Cintron was still somewhat of a force around that time, though he came up short in his best fights. He put Angulo to shame in that fight, and I remember correctly, Angulo shed a few tears afterwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Thats because it was put in his head that Cintron was shot, but he found out otherwise.

As far as Kirkland and his ritz cracker chin, he's gonna walk on egg shells his whole career until he faces a solid puncher and is able to take some of his shots. You get somewhat of a pass, if you get KO'd by a guy with a decent KO ratio, but getting your clock cleaned by a guy with 5 KOs is horrible...now he's gonna have to purposely put his chin on the line in a few fights to prove that he can take a punch, if need be. Cintron hasn't looked good for nearly the past two years, and specifically this summer was a bad look for him.

Canelo has an easy time at 154 for a while...especially if guys like Cintron, Angulo, and Kirkland are in front of him. They may give a few hellacious rounds, but its crazy how guys fold up when this kid hits them. Ryan Rhodes took a lot of his punches, but that wasn't a surprise because Rhodes is a warrior. Im waiting for Canelo to cross paths with guys like Lara, Cotto (possibly), Margarito, and even P. Williams (as bad as he's looked, Cintron got chance at Canelo, so why not P Willy?).

+Quote Post
Seek
post Oct 19 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #10

An inbred jackass...

Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Yeah Cintron definitely doesn't deserve a shot at the title but hey Alvarez didn't deserve a title shot either. But anyway, i'm glad to see Canelo is so active. Everytime he fights, a week later I see photos of him training again for his next fight. They are bringing him up smart. Alvarez vs Cintron will show us where both fighters stand. Cintron's punches recently look very flat and he looks sluggish. Alvarez didn't impress me too much with Gomez. Looked like he was just fooling around trying different things out in other words it looked like a sparring session. Cintron is the more skilled and experienced fighter but I think Canelo is too tough for Cintron. I see both trading pretty equally and Canelo wearing Cintron down as the fight progresses. I don't think this goes the distance without some sort of drama going down from Cintron as usual

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:07 AM