Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berto v Alexander, career suicide???
PColeman28
post Sep 19 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,639

If this fight does get made, wouldn't it just be career suicide for alexander because i think he's lower than a tomato can as far as his boxing skills are concerned I definitely can't see him beating berto.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 19 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 19 2011, 03:47 PM) *
If this fight does get made, wouldn't it just be career suicide for alexander because i think he's lower than a tomato can as far as his boxing skills are concerned I definitely can't see him beating berto.....

I think Alexander wins this one fairly easy. Berto has 0 head movement and Alexanders punches are as straight as they come. He's also a southpaw. I guess we will see but I think Alexander has fought the better opposition and has more boxing ability than Berto. Berto's hands are faster but he has no stamina and and doesn't move his head when punches are coming, Alexander could beat him on activity alone. I think he stops him. Alexander will be stronger @147. Sig bet

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Sep 19 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

that's true he has faced better opposition and berto didn't impress me two weeks ago in his fight for the IBF belt....i forgot alexander was south paw so this might actually be a good match up for both of them

+Quote Post
MrChampagne123
post Sep 19 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 12,205

Honestly Berto would sleep Alexander. Berto got more all around skill but to move up and take Berto out the gate is suicide for him. Berto isnt great by no means but he is the best Alexander would have faced outside Bradly and we know how that ended....

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Sep 19 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #5

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 03:01 PM) *
I think Alexander wins this one fairly easy. Berto has 0 head movement and Alexanders punches are as straight as they come. He's also a southpaw. I guess we will see but I think Alexander has fought the better opposition and has more boxing ability than Berto. Berto's hands are faster but he has no stamina and and doesn't move his head when punches are coming, Alexander could beat him on activity alone. I think he stops him. Alexander will be stronger @147. Sig bet

shyt ill take you up on that!!... no way Alexander wins unless theyre fighting in St. Louis and Nelly was a judge..

Berto is too strong for those butterfly kisses Alexander calls punches.. he needs to fight Paulie Malignaggi.

i say Berto wins by KO...

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 19 2011, 05:10 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Alexander lost 3 in a row. If he faces Berto, it would be 4 in a row. His credibility is flawed. I hope he doesn't think he can win on the sole basis of him being a southpaw. Ortiz's southpaw style was coupled with ruthless aggression. Ortiz shouted Manny out during the post fight interview this past April. Maybe Berto was hitting on something with his tweet. The right hand Berto landed in the 6th, looked more brutal that Floyd's right hand, yet Ortiz got up from it. I don't know if it were determination or whatever but when the testing has been in place, fighters have been showing the world what they are really made of. Berto's not smart for dealing with Victor Conte though. All of this speculation on cheating can be squashed by implementing the testing. We'd be able to see who's truly a great fighter, and who doesn't make the cut. OSDT would seperate the boys from the men. With enough PED's, any old joe schmoe could become a world champion.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 19 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I got my money on Berto. Alexander won't hurt Berto at all, Berto will run right through him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 19 2011, 03:37 PM) *
shyt ill take you up on that!!... no way Alexander wins unless theyre fighting in St. Louis and Nelly was a judge..

Berto is too strong for those butterfly kisses Alexander calls punches.. he needs to fight Paulie Malignaggi.

i say Berto wins by KO...

Haha.. I definitely agree
Alexander has 0 POP, bad defence, and he has bad stamina too.

Berto is stronger faster, he has stamina problems but he's used to the weight.

I would say berto by ko

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 19 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Berto all day.

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Sep 19 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

depends on who set's the pace of the fight and makes the other fight their fight...

I've seen alexander come forward and throw punches and I've also seen him fight going backwards, he just won't let someone beat him down and he not answer back, he'll always throw back.

but speed is power and berto is faster than alexander, plus berto has power...so if berto doesn't get tired and box I can see him landing more shots on alexander than alex could land on him.

thing about berto is, he wants to go in there and just drop bombs instead of box alot of times, which was his downfall during the ortiz fight...Otiz made berto fight his fight, which eventually got berto tired and he lost stem on his punches.

I don't think Berto can go in there and "fight" alexander all the way to 12 rounds, but if he box him from the outside he can do it.

Alexander's jab can also stop berto cold because like other's have said berto has no head movement.

I rather see Berto vs Timothy Bradley or even someone like Amir Khan, styles make fights.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:33 AM