IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Beats Lara..., The gate opens...let the hate begin...
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I already know the hate is going to flood in this thread, as well as a bunch of denial, but at this point, I believe Canelo beats Lara.

Just shy of a year ago, everybody KNEW that Trout was going to box Canelo to death and make him look silly...the exact opposite happened. Yeah it was a close fight, but the Trout that most hyped up, didn't show up that night. Yeah it was a close fight, but Trout didn't seem to wanna fight that night...it's not like Canelo's that hard to hit.

Anyway, all of this talk about Lara's movement, amateur experience, blah, blah, blah,...it wont resontate when you need it to. As far as I'm concerned, Lara does just enough to win rounds (circles, jabs here and there, and shoots a left)...that will be his undoing when those "close" rounds get awarded to Canelo (if they fight).

To add to that, we've seen it time and time again, and guys can say what they want, but Canelo steps it up in every fight. Yeah I know, it was Angulo, who can't hit Angulo? Even Angulo stepped his game just a bit for the Lara fight, and so will Canelo.

Make of this what you will, but I just see Canelo surprising people and taking the fight to Lara. Lara will be forced to fight another type of fight, because again, all of that pot shotting and circling, is gonna lose him more rounds than it will, win them.

Hate and denial...I welcome you open arms...bring it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Put me in the denial group. Saw Lara vs. Trout, live in BK. Seats weren't too bad, so my view was good. Lara will beat Canelo.

Alvarez vs. Trout could have been scored either way. Not like Lara vs. Trout.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 9 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Need to take a look at Canelo vs Angulo still

+Quote Post
ROME
post Mar 9 2014, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 1,535

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2014, 11:40 AM) *
Put me in the denial group. Saw Lara vs. Trout, live in BK. Seats weren't too bad, so my view was good. Lara will beat Canelo.

I was at the Barclays that night as well. Is this where I sign up for team "Denial"? Put me on, thanks.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 9 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Triangles??????? Lol

I've seen all I need to see from canelo he's not the thunderous power puncher he was made out to be but his skills are there the chin is there and I can no longer hate the hype. It wasn't that he beat angulo it was the way he did it. Lara and cotto get beat. Martinez would most likely give him fits but if maravilla hits the floor or takes a combo/big shot ...expect the fight to be stopped. By the way last nights stoppage was a respected one ...Molina Jr and Chavez SR like comebacks will no longer happen.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 9 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I couldn't agree more with the title, my only interest is Canelo vs. Cotto-Martinez winner. Just make it happen!

On the other hand, without judging his popularity, would anyone suggest that he may be THE MOST PROMISING NATURAL 154lbs. out there right now, even without a title, or is it still to soon?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 9 2014, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2014, 11:40 AM) *

I'll add you to the denial group then, lol.

Yes, Alvarez vs Trout could've been scored either way, but I'll be honest, Trout was doing juuuust enough to win rounds, and some of those rounds that fans gave him, were sympathy rounds. I only say that, because he didn't seem as though he wanted it...Canelo imposed his will and put Trout on the deck...totally broke his spirit...he just did a good job of surviving.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 9 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

We say what happened when Canelo came up against a pure boxer like Floyd, but he was doing some shit right, and Lara is knowhere near as good as Floyd, as I think Canelo could very well take it, in what about be a slow, chess match, unless Lara feels like he has to press the matter, but I've never really seen him heavy on the front foot

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 9 2014, 01:30 PM) *
Triangles??????? Lol

I've seen all I need to see from canelo he's not the thunderous power puncher he was made out to be but his skills are there the chin is there and I can no longer hate the hype. It wasn't that he beat angulo it was the way he did it. Lara and cotto get beat. Martinez would most likely give him fits but if maravilla hits the floor or takes a combo/big shot ...expect the fight to be stopped. By the way last nights stoppage was a respected one ...Molina Jr and Chavez SR like comebacks will no longer happen.

Triangles?! Absolutely not! There's no room for 'em here...just common opponents (Angulo and Trout), and who looked better against them, which was Canelo.

Canelo/Trout:
*Canelo was supposed to lose badly by getting boxed to death (according to the boxing aficionado out there)...didn't happen, he bullied Trout and made an ass of him. People forced that fight in all hopes (and expert predictions) that Canelo would look bad when stepping up in class...as if he did't belong in the ring that night, when in fact, Trout looked like he didn't belong on that stage.

Canelo/Angulo:
*Angulo was supposed to bully Canelo into submission, and give him hell (which I predicted as well), but a leaping left hook early in round 1, put all of that to rest. He was supposed to struggle in a dog fight with Angulo, but he dogged the dog. As he was supposed to, he opened the arsenal, stuck to a game plan, and didn't fail to impress.

Lara/Angulo:
*For him to be such a standout amateur with all of these skills, he sure left much to be desired. Instead, he put everybody under the impression that Angulo could actually follow a game plan and slow down (and drop) skilled guys who know how to move. It's Angulo for christ's sake...that was supposed to be a Mayweather/Gatti-type beating handed out by Lara...all we got is the straight left, lateral movement, and witnessing him getting dropped twice.

Lara/Trout:
*Lara was supposed to make Trout look worse than a slower Canelo did...but he barely did that. The same old Lara...does juuuust enough to win rounds. Of course he dropped Trout, it's been done already. I DON'T feel that he beat Trout better than Canelo...he was supposed to, but Canelo wasn't supposed to beat Trout in the fashion that he did, let alone put him on the deck. He took the fight to him...something Lara doesn't do much of.

(AZ, none of the stuff below, applies to you. LOL)

I know that styles make fights, but Lara's gonna have to sell out a bit, if he wants to be on the big stage. Honestly, every time Lara has been on the big stage, he's either failed to impress, or raised more questions than answer them. I want to give him the Williams, but I haven't watch it in years, so I'll go back and watch it, just to make sure Lara was doing just enough to win rounds (regardless of the overhand lefts that he kept landing).

All I'm saying is, guys need to stop pushing these guys to the forefront saying that guy who appears to be the lesser fighter with more star power, is "scared" of them. Lara is almost at the point of begging, and I honestly think that Canelo will embarrass him.

Guys did the same thing with Matthysse, saying that Danny was ducking him, look what happened. Same thing happened with Canelo/Trout, almost happened with Chavez/Martinez, just to name a few.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 9 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Well style's do make fights, So i wouldn't give Canelo the W yet, but it would be a much closer fight than Canelo vs Angulo.

Lara would actually land some punches with Torque, and wouldn't just walk forward the whole time without dodging any punches. But Canelo throws some awesome punches that i could see catching Lara, IF and only IF he doesn't gas out the whole time, because Lara will move with him compared to Angulo just chasing him around. There's alot of variables but I think it would be a better fight than Canelo vs Angulo, which was awesome because Canelo looked like he was versing a moving punching bag, definitely did what he had to do to standpoint.

But during the fight i was thinking "Canelo ain't fighting Lara after this." Meaning I think he's going for something bigger, which is most likely Cotto/Martinez winner, leaning towards Cotto.. They could agree to a catch weight around 155-157 or whatever, they both aint fighting at a certain weight class so i see them doing some weight catchweight shiz.

Canelo/Lara would still sell good i think, that all access really helped for angulo. It would sell decent and also give Lara some more starpower bringing in more money for his future too, but i think Canelo just gonna get a way bigger paycheck against the definite big seller, I think the best fight he could get now is against Cotto.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:01 PM