IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How dare these fighters challenge Fedor with their somewhat primitve skills..., They're just as good as dead.
basicjab
post Nov 16 2009, 03:25 AM
Post #41

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 631

MMA is much more fun, I especially like the addition of kicks, knees, elbows, and smaller gloves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think MMA is destined to outshine boxing, however, at the moment, if one had to start from scratch and he would have a MUCH higher chance of success in MMA than in boxing, simply put there are just more competitiion and hungier people
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Nov 16 2009, 04:38 AM
Post #42

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

But it only takes a few months to learn muay tai, JJ, greco, wrestling, take down offence and defence to become elite at MMA. Surely he could learn boxing in a week...

In fact call Vitali now, if i start training immediately i'll be ready for him by the end of the month

LOL

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Nov 16 2009, 04:49 AM
Post #43

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (basicjab @ Nov 16 2009, 08:13 AM) *
I have actually done a bit of both and have to agree with you I like the dynamics of MMA better than boxing, however the level is totally different, MMA is still quite young. I have to disagree withyou, give floyd a year and he will make faber and brown look like absolute fools, the talent level is in another stratosphere.

Floyd is not a power puncher, so his chances at knocking someone out before he gets taken down and gutted like a fish, almost non existent. His vaunted shouder roll defence... lol... in MMA he eats a knee to the face, or he leaves himself open to get raped in the clinch.

Its utterly implausible to think that a years training will prepare him for world champions in their respective fields. A years training to match it with a world champion JJ artist, or all american wrestlers... people who have spent decades perfecting their craft. Once these guys take you down, all the boxing skill in the world means absolutely zero. Its so fucking stupid its mind boggling

Seriously, i feel sorry for the people that actually think like this. I'm exiting this discussion with you now, its utterly ridiculous (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:37 PM