IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who got it worse?
Who got it worse?
Which Floyd opponent got the worse ass whoopin/boxing lesson?
Marquez [ 10 ] ** [45.45%]
Baldomir [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Ortiz [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
Guerrero [ 5 ] ** [22.73%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Floyd is undefeated, so at some point, everyone he's fought has gotten their ass whooped to an extent. However, the fighters in this poll really didn't do anything to even hang your hat on. It was pretty much an outclassing of monumental proportions in all of these fights in my opinion. That being said, who do YOU think got the worse ass whooping/ boxing lesson out of these clearly outmatched opponents?
I know other guys have gotten it worse (ex. Arturo Gatti) I just wanted to gauge these 4 particular fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 6 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

[code][/code]Out of these four I picked guerrero. But corralles got it way worse

This post has been edited by checkleft: May 6 2013, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 6 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I don't know why, but I don't think the Guerrero fight was such an asswhoopin. Floyd DOMINATED but there were no moments where I would sit in disbelief. From your list i'd choose Baldomir or Marquez.

Baldomir..that was just NASTY! But he was so slow it wasn't even funny. In case of Marquez, that to me was the fight where Floyd looked the best ever imo (tied with his performance against Corrales). Again, I am not saying anything about the weight. I thoroughly enjoyed that fight and with every pull counter Floyd exercised I was more and more quiet in admiration.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 6 2013, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i can't call any of those victories "ass whoopins" but the guy who got it the worst was clearly ortiz. he got ktfo. then 2nd is probably marquez. he got dropped.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 6 2013, 03:36 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Guerrero did imo. My initial reaction to the fight when it was coming up is that it'd be an easy fight, but some people were making some sense when trying to establish Guerrero's chances. Floyd came in as sharp as ever and made Guerrero look like he didn't deserve any kind of business in the same ring. People can argue Guerrero's worth of opposition, but that was outclassing at its finest. When you got guys like Ortiz, Baldomir, and Marquez with noticeable flaws that you can see Floyd getting full advantage of, but with Guerrero it was kind of difficult to see that, especially fighting the oldest version of FMJ coming off a layoff. Ortiz has a huge mental flaw, Marquez had a style and size flaw, and Baldomir had a style and physical flaw. With Guerrero you just didn't see that when coming in to the fight, especially him being a rough em up, come forward like Castillo, and being a southpaw, and we all know the saying "Floyd struggles against southpaws" but he just made Guerrero look so easy, that it was embarrassing for Guerrero, with all those possible chances laid out for him.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 6 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

If Ortiz didn't snap it would of been him, I think he was lucky Mayweather put him out in the 4th, because I could see him getting brutally stopped later.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 6 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think Mayweather hurt his hands in both the Guerrero and the Baldomir fights. But Guerrero was let off easy compared to Baldomir haha. Guerrero was just getting Right Hands ALL DAY. Very embarrassing because he also couldn't hit him. But Baldomir just got his ass whooped, couldn't hit Floyd, was getting countered muliple times a minute, was taking body shots, pot shots, hooks, uppercuts, just a horrible night for him.

Mayweather vs Marquez- The first Mayweather fight i actually watched, truly was amazing. I couldn't believe he could actually make it look that easy. It looked a fighting game against a CPU on the highest difficulty. He beat Marquez in everyround. Utter Domination. The countering looked like some Bruce lee stuff, Mayweather had Ninja focus that fight. He was inside Marquez's head and knew what punch he was going to do before he did it. Marquez got shut out that fight, and now he wants no part of a rematch because of it haha. That's Idk why people keep mentioning Mayweather/Marquez 2. Marquez actually has pride, he aint gonna take the check just to take an asswhoopin.

Ortiz really didn't deserve to be in that ring with him. Just mad dirty, he deserved to get KOd the way he did on that night. That's just Karma.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 6 2013, 07:58 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

End of the day, the worst BEATING was clearly what he did to Arturo Gatti in front of his hometown fans. To date, that is still my favorite fight to re-watch only because I think it was the best boxing exhibition I've ever seen a fighter display. Out of the fights I listed, I think I'll go with Marquez. Damn the weight. At no weight would Marquez have won that fight. Given the fact that Floyd was coming off a 2 year layoff and Marquez was P4P #2 in the world, for him to completely embarrass a Hall of Fame fighter like that...I'd have to say he got it the worst. I have to rewatch the fights again but I think, out of all these guys, Guerrero probably put up the worst fight. Between him and Ortiz, I had no idea what they were even trying to accomplish after a while. At least I kinda knew what Baldomir and Marquez were trying to do.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 08:54 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Out of these 4, I'd have to go with Guerrero. Not because it was an ass-whoopin', but because he had more to offer, than the other 3 fighters.

Marquez - Im not sure why people are giving Floyd props for that fight...it shouldn't have happened in the first place. ANYBODY can look that good against a smaller fighter that obviously cant hurt you. I still give Floyd the side eye for that fight, but considering how Marquez's career didn't crumble after that fight, shows just how skilled he really is.

Baldomir - I nod off, when I even think of that fight. Lol. Dude had cement boots on and had NO speed...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ortiz - I was proud of the work that he did do in the fight...until of course his famous mental lapse came knocking.

Guerrero - Of all 4 fighters, he had the most to offer. He was the right size, he wasn't intimidated, and countered Floyd pretty good in the first couple of rounds, but again, Floyd took some of his weapons away and Guerrero did himself an injustice by trying to box so early.

He didn't do much wrong, but he just started to step off of the gas, and Floyd stepped on it. With that in mind, he got the worse boxing lesson of the 4.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I said Marquez. He beat that dude's ass like he owed him money. Gatti was an ass beating but so was Diego Corrales and Hatton was an ass beating as well. But I think Chico was an ass beating.

Guerrero talked so much shit i thought he would back some of it up. Ortiz was a joke, Baldomir showed spirit.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:57 AM