Reply to this topicStart new topic
> justin fortune, PED shadiness
ryustuh
post May 21 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

just saw this clip of strength trainer justin fortune. what do you guys think? any truth or validity to these statements? among boxing's current top p4p fighters including floyd, who do you think has tampered or messed around with PEDs?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 21 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Seems to me like yet another person from Manny's camp is telling on themselves.

To answer your question though, no I don't think every fighter is on it. I think this is an attempt to excuse him from the fact that he's had dealing n PEDs himself.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 21 2014, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 21 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

am going to be blunt with this, Marquez

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 21 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

damn shame

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 21 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

The usage of PED's is wide spread, it's more prevalent in sports then the common fan would like to believe. The one I will remain to always have a problem with is Evander. Now I believe he was a career cheat and when evidence came out to support it he went underground for a while and then resurfaced like nothing happened. But speculation does nothing, I'd like to see more done like what the NFL is doing. I find it funny the the NBA players union, especially Chris Paul don't sent testing for PED's. It's everywhere and I think it's going to continue to grow until something major happens to punish those who do it. Personally I think you should be banned for life after the 2nd offense

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 21 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

boxers to us are usually innocent till proven guilty, how true do you think his statements are? I mean I've never thought some boxers weres on PEDs and couldn't imagine then being so even after testing positive aka Peterson.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 21 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2014, 03:55 PM) *
The usage of PED's is wide spread, it's more prevalent in sports then the common fan would like to believe. The one I will remain to always have a problem with is Evander. Now I believe he was a career cheat and when evidence came out to support it he went underground for a while and then resurfaced like nothing happened. But speculation does nothing, I'd like to see more done like what the NFL is doing. I find it funny the the NBA players union, especially Chris Paul don't sent testing for PED's. It's everywhere and I think it's going to continue to grow until something major happens to punish those who do it. Personally I think you should be banned for life after the 2nd offense

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Reminds me of that rant you went on about Holyfield and his PED delivery, which made him look more of a birdbrain than he really is. Wasn't his code name, "Evan Maryfiled" or something sadistically close to his real name? Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 22 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 21 2014, 07:42 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Reminds me of that rant you went on about Holyfield and his PED delivery, which made him look more of a birdbrain than he really is. Wasn't his code name, "Evan Maryfiled" or something sadistically close to his real name? Lol

Screw him, and his code name was Evan fields. Dumbest thing ever lol...he investigated his self with a team that he hired and said the report found no evidence of him using PED's then when he gets asked in interviews why the contact info for the illegal substances went back to his house and the numbers were his, he declines comment. He didn't even cooperate with the investigation

My thing is, the way boxing operates, even MMA, they're not going to get out in front of this thing until someone is killed in the ring and the fighter is caught on this stuff or a big time p4p superstar is caught, then they'll act. It all comes down to money, they're protecting their investment but it's more prevalent then people think. The boxing community is small and stories float around, I'm not a gossip but there's stuff I hear about fighters and it doesn't surprise me at all. If you wanna know whose suspected of using, go to the gyms, they know whose doing what

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post May 22 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

When you have that much money on the line there is a temptation to do it...for the edge. I'm not going to say most do it during performance but I would imagine many do it between seasons, bouts, etc to heal, rebuild stamina, etc so they won't ever be dirty on tests.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 22 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ May 22 2014, 02:24 PM) *
When you have that much money on the line there is a temptation to do it...for the edge. I'm not going to say most do it during performance but I would imagine many do it between seasons, bouts, etc to heal, rebuild stamina, etc so they won't ever be dirty on tests.

reminds me of cool runnings

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:43 AM