IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Chavez-Vera II-March 1st on HBO, Can Vera Get Fair Officiating This Time?
Chavez-Vera II-Will The Officiating Be Fair?
Will Brian Vera Get A Fair Shake in His Rematch With Chavez Jr.
Yes [ 5 ] ** [45.45%]
No [ 5 ] ** [45.45%]
Unsure [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11

Jack 1000
post Feb 17 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Guys,

The tremendous controversy, of Chavez winning a unanimous decision in a close fight, where it appears only Bob Arum and the three judges agreed that Julio Jr should have won, sets the stage for a rematch. The fight is from Texas, Vera is from Texas. However, the Mexican-Latin American contingency for Chavez Jr. as a money maker remains so strong, that Chavez Jr, in my eyes needs another big money maker as an opponent, so that the judges don't bend over backwards to favor him. Brian Vera does not have that money making ability. I think the ONLY way he beats Chavez Jr. in this rematch is by KO/TKO.

Do you think Vera is aware of this? Does anyone believe differently? Vote in the poll and comment.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 17 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Even though he was robbed in the first fight, I fully expect Jr. to beat him this time

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

IDK if Vera can pull it off this time around, but I'm hoping he can

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 18 2014, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I voted yes if Vera is able to repeat or do much better than what took place in the first fight... But I don't think it's going down like that. I believe since/why this rematch is taking place in the first place, will draw a lot of eyes towards how the judges judge this fight and IF IT LOOKS LIKE A CLEAR CUT WIN, then I don't think the judge's would be bold enough to make it controversial a second time out, but Vera is still gonna have to impress a heck of a lot more than Chavez to get that win. I got Chavez pulling out the win though.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Feb 18 2014, 06:06 AM

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Only chavez fight I saw with fair judging was against martinez. Chavez just has to show up, throw punches and make it to the final bell against opponents like vera seems like

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I voted "unsure" (shoot me).

I only say that because Chavez/Froch is on Arum's radar HARD, so there's a high chance that Vera wont get the nod. To make mattes worse, Chavez looks to be in excellent shape for this one...so I'm unsure if Vera will even make the final bell. We'll see though...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 20 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Usually officiating is miles better in rematches. But I think chacha actually puts in some work in training camp for this one and beats him.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 24 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Good article on the first fight here:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/9/29/47821...apes-california

Jack

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 24 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

hat a horrible fight, why do we have to sit through this again. if chavez doesnt look good in this fight then he should jsut give it up. I understand the first fight he was out of shape and fought the wrong fight, but no he has no excuses.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 25 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 05:37 PM) *
hat a horrible fight, why do we have to sit through this again. if chavez doesnt look good in this fight then he should jsut give it up. I understand the first fight he was out of shape and fought the wrong fight, but no he has no excuses.

I won't lie,

I haven't even watched the first fight yet. At the time I had no interest in it because:

1.) Brian Vera was being brought in to lose, no matter what.
2.) Chavez dictating the terms of the fight, the weight, Arum playing along with the bullshit and the WBC's love of Chavez Jr, SOLEY because of his father's legacy.
3.) Politics forcing a loss for poor Vera, just as well as them dictating where Chavez is now. Jose Sulaiman was Julio C Chavez Jr's. Godfather. I am sure his son Mauricio feels the same loyalty to Chavez.

I might watch the fight on VOD. Chavez Jr.wined and bitched about things all through the fight. Even Julio Sr. was a crybaby when he lost to Randall in their first fight, check the post-fight interviews.

Jack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:10 PM