IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> excuses for poor performance, against cotto...
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

first of all...i've never been a fan of guys making excuses...especially after they win!

these are the ones i've heard from floyd for the cotto fight.

1. he had the flu

2. he had a bad arm

3. he wanted to give the fans a good show so he chose to mix it up

and now this!!!

4. roger mayweather over trained him? his diabetes prevented him from seeing that floyd was over trained? wtf!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

so now...i believe floyd is about to have another sub par performance...and while i don't believe it will be because he isn't a great fighter, i think it has more to do with age, inactivity and styles. i also believe he has some built in excuses.

first fight back with senior

too many push ups in jail. he actually said this on larry king and i called it when i saw the pics and heard he was doing a thousand push ups a day while he was locked up.

if floyd looks bad in winning...or even losing...there's no shame in that. i hope he's man enough to just accept it and give the man props.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Let's just not get ahead of ourselves. I have actually never heard FLOYD himself say any of these excuses. And if he did say them, I take his "Id give myself a D- for my performance against Cotto" as a valid explanation. He actually critiqued himself....

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 3 2013, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

we'll see I guess, I don't like the Roger excuse tbh, sounds like utter bullshit, and that's just not right on a man whose brought you up from a long way is it now? Isn't Mayweather the one who goes on these stupidly long workouts and what not.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Let's just not get ahead of ourselves. I have actually never heard FLOYD himself say any of these excuses. And if he did say them, I take his "Id give myself a D- for my performance against Cotto" as a valid explanation. He actually critiqued himself....

i never heard him say the first two...but i read them here i believe.

the others i got from interviews.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 3 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

the reason floyd has been overtrained for his last 4 fights since returning from retirement, i think has a lot to do with the fact that he is his own boss, and nobody can tell him shit. Hee needs a real trainer to sit there and watch him and tell him when enough is enough, but instead hes got that chump ass kisser ellerbe who is good for nothing, and you got roger who does his mitts and gives him advice, but is ultimately just another person who he tells what to do. Im glad his father is back with him so he can take control and tell him wats up. the fighter cant call his own shots, he needs someone to tell him wat to do because he cant see everything from one point of view. Anyway i'm just glad Floyd realized this, and hopefully well see a difference in the fight.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 3 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

floyd will look good in this fight, it ill be a stoppage

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

always nice to see new posters in the forum. big fights usually bring them out. welcome gentlemen.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 3 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 02:57 PM) *
first of all...i've never been a fan of guys making excuses...especially after they win!

1. he had the flu

2. he had a bad arm

and now this!!!

4. roger mayweather over trained him? his diabetes prevented him from seeing that floyd was over trained? wtf!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

so now...i believe floyd is about to have another sub par performance...and while i don't believe it will be because he isn't a great fighter, i think it has more to do with age, inactivity and styles. i also believe he has some built in excuses.

too many push ups in jail. he actually said this on larry king and i called it when i saw the pics and heard he was doing a thousand push ups a day while he was locked up.

if floyd looks bad in winning...or even losing...there's no shame in that. i hope he's man enough to just accept it and give the man props.

I'd never make excuses for any fighter, Floyd didn't look as great as he normally look because Cotto looked so well and that is all there is to that story. Cotto was damn near born again by the time he got this fight, he had gotten his revenge on Margo and proved in essence that Antonio cheated vs him and he stopped him as well. Why people look past the type of motivation and vigor the victory over Margo gave him is beyond me.

Floyd is slowing down and that is no secret, look at him at 130 and now, in the Corrales fight he showed speed and defense mixed with his best offensive performance period (even better than against the defenseless Gatti), his speed was incredible with leg and hands.

If Floyd loses it will be because Guerrero just happens to be the better man on that night, no excuses whatsoever.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 3 2013, 08:57 PM) *
I'd never make excuses for any fighter, Floyd didn't look as great as he normally look because Cotto looked so well and that is all there is to that story. Cotto was damn near born again by the time he got this fight, he had gotten his revenge on Margo and proved in essence that Antonio cheated vs him and he stopped him as well. Why people look past the type of motivation and vigor the victory over Margo gave him is beyond me.

Floyd is slowing down and that is no secret, look at him at 130 and now, in the Corrales fight he showed speed and defense mixed with his best offensive performance period (even better than against the defenseless Gatti), his speed was incredible with leg and hands.

If Floyd loses it will be because Guerrero just happens to be the better man on that night, no excuses whatsoever.

that's the way it should be.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 3 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 03:57 PM) *

1. he had the flu

2. he had a bad arm

and now this!!!

I believed his reasons for being sick and having a hurt hand in the Cotto fight. Those type of excuses, or ANY type of excuses, should be used when a fighter WINS, not when they lose. As Brut mentioned, Cotto was new fighter in the Mayweather fight, so true.

As for this Guerrero fight, I'm still on the fence. Guerrero is the least bit intimidated, but on the other hand, he may be a bit too excited. I saw the way Katsidis (who he couldnt stop), Berto, and Aydin had him looking after the fight, one would argue that Floyd will mess his face up even worse.

On the other hand, Floyd has been extremely quiet (in most cases) and not wanting to be involved in the build-up...one would think that he had some doubts about this fight. Who knows? Floyd has seen a few variations of Guerrero...not sure if Guerrero has seen any variations of Floyd...other than that metric fuck-ton of crap BS that Berto tried to pull with the shoulder roll.

Again, it seems like Floyd is giving us some excuses up front, but on the other hand, it all seems like smokescreens. Guerrero's camp has been giving us some smokescreens as well.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:06 AM