IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Cotto vs, Trout: SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
checkleft
post Dec 2 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #91

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 2 2012, 02:35 AM) *
I did too. Kinda makes me wonder how an 11th and 12th round of the second margarito fight would have gone. Also, people should really consider Cotto's 154 resume. Yuri Foreman(nobody), Mayorga(really??), Margarito(a premature stoppage)Mayweather(a loss) and now Trout. Trout was the best guy he fought at 154. ,ayweather is better suited at 147 at this point. Cotto should move down as well, if possible.

I think I said the same thing in another thread. He never fought a legit 154 pounder, and I kinda had a feeling this would happen.

BTW funny how Canelo high tailed it out of there. What's wrong red? A real Jr middleweight doesn't look so appealing? Betcha trout schools Canelo. Saul might get more respect for his power but I see the same thing happening as in this fight. Plus I still don't think Canelo fixed his stamina issue, he fights in spurts. No way he can sit on his punches for 12 rounds with trout jabbing at him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 2 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #92

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

117-112 Trout.

My breakdown:

1. 10-10 E
2. 9-10 T
3. 10-9 C
4. 10-9 C
5. 9-10 T
6 9-10 T
7. 9-10 T
8. 9-10 T
9. 9-10 T
10.10-9 C
11.9-10 T
12.9-10 T
-----------------------
Total:117-112 Trout

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 2 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #93

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2012, 02:52 AM) *
I think I said the same thing in another thread. He never fought a legit 154 pounder, and I kinda had a feeling this would happen.

BTW funny how Canelo high tailed it out of there. What's wrong red? A real Jr middleweight doesn't look so appealing? Betcha trout schools Canelo. Saul might get more respect for his power but I see the same thing happening as in this fight. Plus I still don't think Canelo fixed his stamina issue, he fights in spurts. No way he can sit on his punches for 12 rounds with trout jabbing at him

What I've noticed about Canelo is that he gets hit. He's fought a lot of smallish guys, like Lopez who had no trouble finding and hitting him. The trouble was that those guys were too small to hurt him and he was able to hit and hurt them. Lets see how he does against a guy his own size who will hit him and not he so shook by his punches. Trout schools Canelo. bank on it. Trout is the real deal...

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 2 2012, 07:10 AM
Post #94

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Cotto has a rematch clause in the contract, I hope he doesn't exercise it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 2 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

heres a question, does Miguel Cotto belong in the 154lb division...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 2 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #96

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 2 2012, 08:35 AM) *
heres a question, does Miguel Cotto belong in the 154lb division...

Simple answer... NO. The trouble is, Cotto may not be able to make 147 anymore. He's stuck. Too smallish for the 154 pound big boys. I think he loses to Lara, Molina, Kirkland and Alvarez. I think the ONLY one he may beat is Bundrage. Bundrage is the weakest champ at 54. There will be a race now to see who can get Bundrage first. If Cotto doesn't jump on Bundrage now, then he will be stuck fighting one of the other ranked KILLERS. From what I know of Cotto, he takes the challenge to fight one of them. I think smart money is behind Canelo getting to Bundrage first. Bundrage is a Goldenboy guy, and an easy workout for Canelo. Big money, low risk, PLUS he can say he fought a legit 154lber. That's something we haven't seen him do(ever?). DLH doesn't wanna see Canelo get beaten by Trout, Lara or Molina. Kirkland is a 2nd option. Although, a healthy Kirkland is a bit more dangerous than the one armed guy they were trying to set up over the summer.

Canelo vs Bundrage in May... Makes way too much sense.

BTW, I didn't mention Mayweather up there for a reason. He aint fighting a legit 154lber at this stage of his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits because he's 35, had significant down time and any fight he takes is gonna be very tough and physical from here on out.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #97

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 10:39 PM) *
C'mon Brian Kenny, 9-3?! Get tha hell outta here! You've really gotta be a blind piece of shit motherfucker to say that Cotto only won 3 rounds. Kill yourself Brian...

Sorry Bro but i had the same score on my round by round until the Mods closed it.

+Quote Post
Genius
post Dec 2 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #98

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Mallifaggy was on Cottos sack all night ...wtf

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #99

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Trout made beating Cotto look easy in comparison to Floyd.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 2 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #100

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I didn't expect much from Trout because what I've seen from him prior to this fight wasn't anything special to me. I mean he is solid in areas, but I saw nothing spectacular that would give him any definite edge against a caliber of fighter like Cotto. I however was impressed by him this fight. He showed great ring generalship and defense. He wouldn't allow Cotto to get off on him and be bullied. His main issue in this fight was neutralizing the counter-hook that you see a lot when paired with a southpaw and orthodox fighters. Cotto kept getting that left hook in, however was not enough. Trout controlled the fight from round 7 and on, clearly to me. I usually don't score it round by round when I watch a fight on TV, but it was clear to me that Trout had indeed won the fight. Giving him the majority of the rounds doesn't make a difference, though it was competitive, someone can still edge out the majority of the rounds. Congrats on Trout's victory, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the future. Cotto however should show more respect and accept his defeat. I love you as a fighter Cotto, but I think you've had enough, and I suggest you hang them up; thanks for the fights!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:56 AM