Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine @ UFC 84
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 25 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #1

All Hail The Buffalo

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,298

This should be a really good fight. The first thing worth mentioning is that IF Silva loses this fight, then he definitely needs to hang his gloves up for good. Silva has been in some major wars in the ring, and I think it is really starting to show. IF Jardine is able to win this fight, then surely he gets another shot at the championship.

I like Keith Jardine, mainly because his style is like watching a car accident. Big awkward kicks, while he is crouched over like a monk. I think Jardine is getting better all the time, but needs another couple years before he is a threat. Anyone have any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 25 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I think Jardine is trash but he might beat this current version of Wandy.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 25 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 25 2008, 11:23 AM) [snapback]379983[/snapback]
I like Keith Jardine, mainly because his style is like watching a car accident. Big awkward kicks, while he is crouched over like a monk. I think Jardine is getting better all the time, but needs another couple years before he is a threat. Anyone have any thoughts?

I also like Jardine for frivolous reasons: his name is cool to say and modify.

Keith "The bur green mean dean afrosheen" Jardine...

Silva's momentum is swinging down, Jardine's is ~mostly~ up... Should be a great fight to watch...unlike The Mean Green Machine's last fight... eich.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Feb 25 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I like Jardine...his style kind of reminds me of some type of gremlin...or golem...with that hunched over stance he takes.

I think he, along with several of the other light heavyweights, will be just too big for Silva. Silva's kind of stuck in no-man's land right now...too small for lt. heavy but probably too big to suck down and still be a force at middleweight.

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Feb 25 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Guests

Silva has been in alot of wars, and his technique has gone to shit for the last couple of years. He does nothing but stand up and throw bombs now. I wish he would return to using that Thai clinch, working the ground if he has too, and always, ALWAYS move and strike from angles.

Wanderlei's first fight with Mirko CroCop was his finest hour. He put everything together and dominated the much bigger man for the entire fight. (Too bad the special K-1 rules for that fight only allowed the fight to be ruled a "draw" if it went the distance, because Wanderlei surely would've pulled out a UD with ease otherwise.)

Since that fight Wand has pretty much thrown everything out the window and fought all his fights like a goddamn ape. If he's serious, as he said recently, about going back to the gym and working on his technique, then I expect him to handle Jardine with relative ease. If not, if we still see the same Silva that we saw against Liddell, then I expect a war with alot of fireworks that ends, at some point, in a vicious KO. Who is the victim and who is the victor remains to be seen.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 29 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 26 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]380021[/snapback]
Wanderlei's first fight with Mirko CroCop was his finest hour. He put everything together and dominated the much bigger man for the entire fight. (Too bad the special K-1 rules for that fight only allowed the fight to be ruled a "draw" if it went the distance, because Wanderlei surely would've pulled out a UD with ease otherwise.)

I find that rule pretty interesting. Imagine if it were applied to boxing. In fact i think i will bring it up in the boxing threads.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:22 AM