IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DELAHOYA SAYS MAYWEATHER AFRAID OF ALVAREZ, afraid to fight him???
leonthegee
post Apr 7 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 7 2013, 07:50 AM) *
Pretty simple, if you ask me. He basically dislikes Floyd AND he wants to sell tickets. The irony of it all, just may be, he has a problem with Floyd's doing to him and his promotion company, similarly the same reason he fought to leave Top Rank: make MORE of the money.

Let us not discount, Floyd is still doing crazy #s long since DLH has bounced from the fight game AND Floyd quickly reminds people, who says "DLH made him a PPV star" w/ a counter argument of "DLH had his highest PPV numbers w/ me, too." <<<< I'm sure that doesn't sit pretty w/ Oscar.

Oscar was a PPV star longer than Floyd and thats about it. Oscar vs Floyd was the highest grossing PPV. The 2nd highest non HW fight was Floyd vs Cotto. So Floyd vs a past his prime Cotto did higher numbers than a prime Oscar vs a prime Tito. Its gotta really urk Oscar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 7 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Watch Cotto vs Mayweather. De La Hoya is quoted by acclaimed Mayweather haters Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley saying that he would NOT make that fight because he doesn't feel Canelo is ready yet. I'm just mad none of the lames in the boxing media, with the most visibility and influence, will ever take Oscar to task for this. They'd rather propel the notion that Floyd is scared of everyone than tell the truth.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 7 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

In the words of the late great Rick James: Cocaine is a hellva drug.

Just last year Oscar said that Alvarez was not ready for Mayweather. A year later after Canelo beat Josesito Lopez, he is now ready to face Mayweather. First his prize fighter has to get past a very slick fighter in Trout. I know that he will get a screw job but you know what? What does that matter? If Trout does get screwed Alvarez will either have to rematch him or take lots of criticism and go back to fighting jr. welterweights or lightweights. I think Oscar needs to have a come to Jesus moment and realize that Floyd beat his ass legally and fairly when they fought. Jealousy looks bad and if Alvarez with his 41 wins was so good Saul would had been have his own PPV. Let's face it. Saul is big and strong but he has a lot if kinks in his armor, and what does Floyd have to be afraid of than being blinded by Saul's sparkly robes and white legs.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

floyd ain't stupid....he knows about the canelo curse. i wouldn't have signed that contract either!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

canelo wasn't ready until they saw floyds less than stellar performance against cotto....and he went away for a while. the mosley win...the win over josesito....and if he can beat trout...that's all confidence boosting stuff. best believe the public will be screaming for mayweather/canelo is the ginger can pull of the win against trout. me personally....i want to see the winner face floyd if floyd gets past guerrero.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 7 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Floyd isn't scared of Canelo, but he clearly doesn't want to fight him right now. I don't know why. If he did then he would sign the deal. Canelo wins...he gets his shot at Floyd. That is more than fair considering Canelo has been helping Floyd's PPV numbers in his last 2 events AND was going to give Floyd a massive fight with Trout for his 3rd one.

My guess is that Floyd wants to take a few easy fights before a big one with Canelo. I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd fought Alexander or Garcia in his next fight...both yawners.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 7 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

DLH should be more concerned with Alverez' next opponent. Mayweather will be a moot point when Trout beats the breaks off of Alvarez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 7 2013, 10:46 PM) *
Floyd isn't scared of Canelo, but he clearly doesn't want to fight him right now. I don't know why. If he did then he would sign the deal. Canelo wins...he gets his shot at Floyd. That is more than fair considering Canelo has been helping Floyd's PPV numbers in his last 2 events AND was going to give Floyd a massive fight with Trout for his 3rd one.

My guess is that Floyd wants to take a few easy fights before a big one with Canelo. I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd fought Alexander or Garcia in his next fight...both yawners.

Oh STFU!

That's so far from the truth. Don't you understand the difference between viewers and buyers? I'm so sick of explaining this to some of you fucktards. Viewers are mere spectators who just flip to HBO or Showtime when a fight comes on and waits for the main event. "Buyers" are the mofos who take a chance and pay their hard earned money to see a fighter.

We already know that when it comes to people's money, they act real funky and are nothing less than tightwads, and hope that somebody sides with them on why they wont spend their money on whatever. Screw them. People spend money on frivolous shit all the time, but when the fire is to their feet about buying a fight that could end in any fashion, then comes all of the excuses.

Why are people forgetting that Floyd cracked over 1M buys for his fight with Marquez? Was Marquez who he is TODAY, back in 2009? Nope, he was the guy who had 2 hard (and controversial) fights with Manny. Who else was on that card?

Some of yall kill me with this "Canelo helped Floyd's numbers" nonsense. Didn't Chavez and Canelo BOTH have something over a few million viewers for their fights in 2012? How many PPV buys did Chavez do in 2012? Somewhere around $400k...in the BIGGEST fight of his career. If that was the BIGGEST fight of his career, why not more buys? How many PPV buys did Canelo do in 2012? I'll hold my breath and wait...

Again, viewers and buyers are 2 different things.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 8 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 7 2013, 06:46 PM) *

So your saying 1.5 mil that Cotto vs Mayweather did was tainted because Canelo was on the undercard? Ya right 1.5 mil paid to see Canelo vs Mosley. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Canelo has no right to try and dictate terms to Floyd. Fuck PPV Canelos barely had a hand full of headline events. Canelo overplayed his hand in my opinion. The worst thing for him was letting Mayweather do huge numbers without him. Now they dont even have that weak ass argument people like you are trying to spin. That deal that they had agreed to earlier just got more expensive.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Apr 8 2013, 07:59 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 8 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

No way, someone's using floyds name to sell a fight???

Didn't we go through this for like three years already? Who would have thought that "Mayweather is scared of (place hyped up fighters name here)" = ticket sales.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 8 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was about to rip that comment to shreds but CShel did an even better job lmao. Canelo doesn't do anything for Floyd besides provide him a credible opponent. Since when does Floyd need help selling PPVs? Canelo doesn't sell PPVs. Canelo is only a star because HBO tells you he is. We were constantly being fed the BS that he had this cult like following of hispanic fans, but then, come to find out they were exactly like Cshel said. Viewers. It's not much different than the music industry. There are some guys you couldn't pay me to listen to their album. There's some guys I'll listen to if someone provides me with the music. There are a few guys who I'll get in my car, go out and buy their CD.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:33 AM