Reply to this topicStart new topic
> miguel cotto..., new trainer/canelo fight
Jovi
post May 10 2013, 07:09 AM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

Please Cotto if you don't wanna get knocked out then choose elsewhere. I can't believe he really said Freddie roach. I hope i'm not the only one who thinks he's overrated.

Cotto needs to be with a Black trainer- Virgil hunter, Floyd/Jeff Mayweather, someone who will make him slicker and more accurate.

His last trainer was gravy though, Memo was it? The same trainer as Rigondeaux? why would he even switch, i thought he looked good against Trout?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 10 2013, 08:28 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This is the usual sign a fighter can't cut it. They start blaming shit on their trainer. Cotto was in the best shape he's been in for years with Pedro Diaz. Rigo looked great vs Donaire with Pedro by his side. I just don't think he wants to do the strength and conditioning work Diaz is known for. In the build up for the Mayweather fight, it seemed like he was constantly complaining about it. I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I think Pedro Diaz is a fairly good trainer. In my humble opinion, Freddy Roach style fighters are tailor made for guys like Canelo. You wanna come in firing at all cylinders and then pull straight back? Canelo has show he's willing to be patient, let you throw a bunch of bullshit to his arms and body, then light your ass up when he feels it's his turn to let the guns go off. I just don't think Cotto has the stamina or work rate to be a Freddy Roach style of fighter.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 10 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #13

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

cotto will get picked apart and likely stopped

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Nice move Cotto!

First, you look GOOD losing to Mayweather, which gave you a breath of fresh air in the boxing world...no harm, no foul there.

THEN, whoever in the fuck handles your business decisions, made the worse move ever, by making the Trout fight. You lose to an unknown Trout, who went on to stink up the joint against poo poo Canelo...so you're no longer completely in the driver's seat.

NOW, you're entertaining the idea of training with Roach, who's becoming perpetually shitty nowadays. He's not the worse trainer in the world, but damn.

There we have it guys, Cotto's not done because of his losses in the ring, but he's slowly withering away because of whack business decisions. The prognosis is out there.

He's not making the best decisions nowadays, especially for somebody who's a free agent with a NAME. Thanks for proving that not all fighters can handle themselves as a free agent...just go back to Bob please. (Trust me, I took no pleasure in that last line)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 10 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Nice move Cotto!

First, you look GOOD losing to Mayweather, which gave you a breath of fresh air in the boxing world...no harm, no foul there.

THEN, whoever in the fuck handles your business decisions, made the worse move ever, by making the Trout fight. You lose to an unknown Trout, who went on to stink up the joint against poo poo Canelo...so you're no longer completely in the driver's seat.

NOW, you're entertaining the idea of training with Roach, who's becoming perpetually shitty nowadays. He's not the worse trainer in the world, but damn.

There we have it guys, Cotto's not done because of his losses in the ring, but he's slowly withering away because of whack business decisions. The prognosis is out there.

He's not making the best decisions nowadays, especially for somebody who's a free agent with a NAME. Thanks for proving that not all fighters can handle themselves as a free agent...just go back to Bob please. (Trust me, I took no pleasure in that last line)

I agree with everything except your assessment of Trout's performance vs Canelo....but we've already discussed that. I'm totally with you with Cotto's career choices though. He had the world's sympathy once he beat Margacheato and exposed him in that Face Off. Then he puts up a very valiant effort vs Floyd. This is the time where a veteran fighter earns the right to take a low risk, high reward fight. Instead, he did the exact opposite. Then, he's talking about fighting Canelo (who I can't see him beating at 154) and getting a trainer who probably will custom fit him for an ass whooping. Everything about a Roach coached fighter, to me, is the antithesis of what he'll need to do to win.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 10 2013, 03:17 AM) *
Cotto be whoring himself out to much, every time you see him he got a new trainer

how is that whoring himself out?

i may be alone here...but i don't think his last trainer was as good as everyone is making him out to be. he brought some good things to the table as far as conditioning is concerned...but i think he lacks basic understanding when it comes to certain things. he had cotto fighting all over his front foot. that make it easier for cotto to get hit. i think manny steward had the right idea when he had cotto sitting on the back foot. he needs to be using head movement instead of them bullshit ass blocks. cotto still has enough in the tank to beat a guy like canelo....but i don't see it happening with freddie roach.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 9 2013, 11:48 PM) *
Oh and as far as promotion goes cotto is a free agent, he promotes himself he's in the drivers seat for his pay check. As long as he stays out of Texas and cali he's good

he's a free agent fighting a golden boy fabricated fighter. he's going to have to sell his soul to get that fight. now way he gets the 10mil he's asking. canelo isn't making that kind of money....do u honestly think oscar is going to pay cotto that much?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 09:28 AM) *
This is the usual sign a fighter can't cut it. They start blaming shit on their trainer. Cotto was in the best shape he's been in for years with Pedro Diaz. Rigo looked great vs Donaire with Pedro by his side. I just don't think he wants to do the strength and conditioning work Diaz is known for. In the build up for the Mayweather fight, it seemed like he was constantly complaining about it. I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I think Pedro Diaz is a fairly good trainer. In my humble opinion, Freddy Roach style fighters are tailor made for guys like Canelo. You wanna come in firing at all cylinders and then pull straight back? Canelo has show he's willing to be patient, let you throw a bunch of bullshit to his arms and body, then light your ass up when he feels it's his turn to let the guns go off. I just don't think Cotto has the stamina or work rate to be a Freddy Roach style of fighter.

i think it has something to do with their last camp together. i read that he trained in big bear and he was miserable with the cold weather and isolation. not all fighters are the same. i also believe it's a personality conflict. u can kind of tell cotto didn't really like pedro. doesn't mean he isn't good...he's just not good for cotto. that is the case in every fighter/trainer relationship. take guerrero for instance....he has always been trained by his pops. for a brief while he was trained by john bray. john bray is an excellent trainer who knows waaaay more than ruben...but ruben is who guerrero was used to...so he was able to get more out of robert.

as for freddie training cotto....there are some perks to working with freddie....the one that sticks out the most is that cotto is going to get some really good sparring in the wildcard. that might turn out to be the best thing for him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 10 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 02:55 PM) *
he's a free agent fighting a golden boy fabricated fighter. he's going to have to sell his soul to get that fight. now way he gets the 10mil he's asking. canelo isn't making that kind of money....do u honestly think oscar is going to pay cotto that much?

I believe he paid him around that much for mayweather.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 10 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 01:53 PM) *
how is that whoring himself out?

i may be alone here...but i don't think his last trainer was as good as everyone is making him out to be. he brought some good things to the table as far as conditioning is concerned...but i think he lacks basic understanding when it comes to certain things. he had cotto fighting all over his front foot. that make it easier for cotto to get hit. i think manny steward had the right idea when he had cotto sitting on the back foot. he needs to be using head movement instead of them bullshit ass blocks. cotto still has enough in the tank to beat a guy like canelo....but i don't see it happening with freddie roach.

You know what a whore is don't you?....every time Cotto loses he goes to a new trainer, he lost to Margarito and had that spat with his uncle, and went to Manny Steward, then he left Steward and went to Diaz, now he's making a switch possibly to Roach. C'mon you smarter then that, he's a boxing whore

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:26 AM