IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> A Look At Abril-Bogere This Saturday Night on Showtime, Will Richard Get Robbed Again? (WBA Lightweight Title)
Jack 1000
post Feb 26 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Never heard of the guy he is fighting, Bogere. But the guy Abril is fighting is from Vegas, is undefeated, and the WBA said all Vegas judges will be used. By hook or by crook is there no way Abri wins a decision again, like the Rios fight?

Do you guys think that when the writing's on the wall like this, is it a waste of time for these fights with an undefeated guy going up against a fighter with a losing record and no power? Abril's not gonna get the KO he needs to win, so what's the point?

I'm passing on this one because I smell fix already. Or am I wrong? Will the judges by sympathetic towards Abril from the Rios fight and give him a break? I would like to be wrong, but I don't think that will happen.

I am gonna say the best Abril gets out of this fight is a draw, and he will already be four rounds down before the fight even starts.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 26 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think this is gonna be a good under the radar fight. Bogere has a very entertaining style similar to ajoses except he seems to be faster. And abril is a master of his craft, I favor abril but I wouldn't be surprised if this "lion" gives him a scare. But as you mentioned abril does himself no favors by not engaging so the fix could definitely be in. But that's why we watch boxing. Everyone thought manny would beat Bradley and no one ever thought manny would get a bad scorecard even if he didn't fight well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So let me get this straight...

1. Rios loses the WBA title on the scales
2. Rios gets an immediate title shot in his next outing against Abril, which happens to be the same WBA title that he lost
3. Abril kicks Rios' ass
4. Abril gets robbed
5. Rios wasn't going to be awarded to title, regardless of the predetermined outcome of the fight
6. Rios moves on
7. Abril is now fighting for a title that he actually was robbed out of, against a guy in his hometown with hometown judges?

All I need to hear is that Bogere is with TR, and the fix will be official...as if it isn't clear enough already.

God I hate boxing sometimes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 26 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 03:58 PM) *

2. Rios gets an immediate title shot in his next outing against Abril, which happens to be the same WBA title that he lost
3. Abril kicks Rios' ass
4. Abril gets robbed
5. Rios wasn't going to be awarded to title, regardless of the predetermined outcome of the fight
6. Rios moves on
7. Abril is now fighting for a title that he actually was robbed out of, against a guy in his hometown with hometown judges?

All I need to hear is that Bogere is with TR, and the fix will be official...as if it isn't clear enough already.

Perfect list CShel! Poor Abril!!!

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 26 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 03:58 PM) *

3. Abril kicks Rios' ass
4. Abril gets robbed
6. Rios moves on

8. Russell Mora is ref

As if things couldn't be worse for Abril. I don't want to say "Fuck this fight." However, I will say "Fuck this fight at least with the pre-fight politics agaainst Abril goiing into the match."

Jack

PS. Here's the info from Fightnews: The only thing that appears to be neutral is the fight supervisior is from Nicaragua! LOL

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/abril-boge...fficials-174381

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't know who I favor in this fight. Bogere has some of the best ring entrances which I think is a lost art in the sport right now. But he can fight but Abril is no slouch either so it's going to be tough for both to pull out with a W

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 09:07 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 26 2013, 05:53 PM) *
8. Russell Mora is ref

As if things couldn't be worse for Abril. I don't want to say "Fuck this fight." However, I will say "Fuck this fight at least with the pre-fight politics agaainst Abril goiing into the match."

Jack

PS. Here's the info from Fightnews: The only thing that appears to be neutral is the fight supervisior is from Nicaragua! LOL

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/abril-boge...fficials-174381

Yep, Abril probably screwed. He better pull a Marquez, and leave nothing to chance. Other than that, we may not see him in noteworthy fights for a while.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 08:57 PM) *
I don't know who I favor in this fight. Bogere has some of the best ring entrances which I think is a lost art in the sport right now. But he can fight but Abril is no slouch either so it's going to be tough for both to pull out with a W

I'm not sure I've ever seen him fight...maybe by accident on FNFs or ShoBox. What fight do you suggest I watch?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 26 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 08:57 PM) *

Yup.

Going with my African bro. on this one, but as you said, should be close.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 26 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 04:47 PM) *
I think this is gonna be a good under the radar fight. Bogere has a very entertaining style similar to ajoses except he seems to be faster. And abril is a master of his craft, I favor abril but I wouldn't be surprised if this "lion" gives him a scare. But as you mentioned abril does himself no favors by not engaging so the fix could definitely be in. But that's why we watch boxing. Everyone thought manny would beat Bradley and no one ever thought manny would get a bad scorecard even if he didn't fight well.

"Everyone" except Cheesey1.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 26 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 26 2013, 09:45 PM) *
"Everyone" except Cheesey1.

Yea but did you ever think that manny would get a scorecard against him like that? Lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:36 AM