IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview of Next Weeks HBO Card-Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray, Also Chris "Nipples" Areoloa vs. Bermane Stiverne
Jack 1000
post Apr 17 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Big fights next week!

On Martinez-Murray-I expect a good sloppy brawl, with Martinez wearing him down in a harder than expected fight. Murray is a brawler. But I will take Sergio by TKO 10.

Another thing it is in Argentina and I am very concerned about security there. Also note that WBC Rules (Not unified rules) will be in effect. Expect the 4th and 8th round open scoring either to everyone, or to the corners only for this fight.

For Arreoloa_Stiverne, have never seen Stiverne fight. Hopefully he won't come to lay down. If he brawls it could be a baroom type brwal with the experiance of "Nipples" taking over by the middle rounds. Arreloa KO 6.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

martinez says he will retire if he loses. i hope that knee holds up for him.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 17 2013, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 17 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I hope so too I want him in a rematch with Chavez Jr

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Martinez will win this and hopefully go on to beat Chavez jr again....as far as that Arreola-Stiverne fight, it's a pick'em fight to me.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 18 2013, 04:11 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think Martinez will cruise against a clubber with a punchers chance. i dont know how Murray's chin is.

I think Arreola will beat Stiverne. Stiverne is just a short compact punching bag who can hit back. Nothing special about him the 1 time I saw him. I expect us to see more boxing out of Arreola than usual.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Apr 18 2013, 04:13 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 18 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I doubt if they'd stage a fight in Argentina for arguably the best middleweight, against a guy that he had a chance of beating him.

I believe Sergio will knock off some of the ring rust and test his knee early. Besides, after he gets past Murray, his next challenge may be a big one, so whatever he has going on, he needs to suck it up and get ready. I do believe in upsets, but Murray wont be the one to do it. Sergio wears him down in the last quarter of the fight...first few rounds will shake off the rust, the middle rounds will be a typical Sergio Lull Affair, then he'll step on the gas for the TKO.

I'm more amped for the Abregu/Decarie fight on the undercard. Decarie put on a great show with that KO victory of his on that Turning Stone triple-header that Abregu beat the snot outta Dulorme. Pretty decent event that DiBella put together, if you ask me.

Arreola/Stiverne is up in the air for me. Anybody with a jab, will keep Arreola's fat ass off of them. Arreola is just so nasty to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) All I remember is him crying, sniffing hard, and slurping up his spit in that post-fight interview of the Klitz loss.

Last time saw Stiverne fight, was on a St. Louis card when Alexander fought Matthysse. He fought some 40+ uncle-lookin' dude and stopped him late. I hardly remember that fight though.

I must admit, this is a decent triple-header for HBO, but they still have to compete with Showtime and their PPV length cards.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Matinez is saying this is the best camp he has ever had, I think it will be more competitive than he thinks. And hopefully calls out canelo cotto mayweather the whole band of big pay days.

Interesting that abregu is on this card, I heard he just signed with top rank. He's coming off a big win and who doesn't want to see arreola and his antics

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 23 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i saw arreola a few weeks back at a gas station of all places. he looked in good shape.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 24 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM) *
i saw arreola a few weeks back at a gas station of all places. he looked in good shape.

Was he in line trying to buy those cheap nachos with the chili "sauce" that makes you fart a 5-part tune?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 17 2013, 03:34 PM) *
I hope so too I want him in a rematch with Chavez Jr

You enjoy looking at people get tortured. Sicko!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Was he in line trying to buy those cheap nachos with the chili "sauce" that makes you fart a 5-part tune?

Naw he had a burger and pizza from 7-11, he had a super size slurppy as well oh and a diet Dr. Pepper, a pint of Blue Bell Ice cream, well they don't carry Blue Bell in Cali but he got his flown in.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 05:00 AM