IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> austin trout, the more i hear/see this guy...
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 06:14 AM) *
He actually has mentioned Mayweather. I think Alvarez shot himself in the foot by not being on this May 4th PPV. He could of been introduced to a larger audience but that is what ego does to you.

Fuck Canelo!

Over 1.5M people saw him obliterate Mosley last May, so he needs to do as he's doing now, and headline his own stuff. The attitude that he took up, against the guy who's been giving him free top shelf PPV exposure, was a slap in the face.

In a way, I agree that he did shoot himself in the foot by not participating on the May 4th card. Had he been fighting on that card, it would've been against somebody that they knew he could have beaten. NOW, he copped a shit attitude and ended up signing to fight a guy who can very well jeopardize his dream fight.

Don't you just love fighters with sissy attitudes and a false sense of accomplishment? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Fuck Canelo!

Over 1.5M people saw him obliterate Mosley last May, so he needs to do as he's doing now, and headline his own stuff. The attitude that he took up, against the guy who's been giving him free top shelf PPV exposure, was a slap in the face.

In a way, I agree that he did shoot himself in the foot by not participating on the May 4th card. Had he been fighting on that card, it would've been against somebody that they knew he could have beaten. NOW, he copped a shit attitude and ended up signing to fight a guy who can very well jeopardize his dream fight.

Don't you just love fighters with sissy attitudes and a false sense of accomplishment? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think canelo drives up the numbers. he knows this. can't fault him for wanting to build and do his own thing.

also....i have to give him major props for even taking this fight with trout. let's be honest about it. he could have ducked him and it wouldn't have been an issue to anyone but the diehards. he's seriously rolling the dice on this match and i have to say...this is what builds legacies.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 5 2013, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2013, 10:24 PM) *
i think canelo drives up the numbers. he knows this. can't fault him for wanting to build and do his own thing.

also....i have to give him major props for even taking this fight with trout. let's be honest about it. he could have ducked him and it wouldn't have been an issue to anyone but the diehards. he's seriously rolling the dice on this match and i have to say...this is what builds legacies.

I agree that he drives up the numbers, but just by a small margin. I don't think anybody was on the fence with ordering Mayweather/Cotto, because of Canelo/Mosley. I seriously wanna know what kind of numbers he can pull in, since his Mexican counterpart (Julio) did about 400k.

As for him taking this Trout fight, think about it...why was he trying soooo hard to get Floyd to sign for a September fight, if he agreed to fight Trout on May 4th on Floyd's undercard?

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but it sounds like Canelo wanted that "guarantee" to fight Floyd, regardless of whether or not he won or lost to Trout. I didn't hear him giving that ultimatum in regards to fighting anybody else on May 4th (Angulo, Molina, whoever), but for some reason, he mentioned Trout's name.

I can also agree to give him credit for even taking the fight, especially after Floyd blew off the ultimatum.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 7 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Expect a rematch with Canelo if he beats him.

+1. Oscar needs to maximize that matchup, providing it isn't disgustingly one-sided for Trout.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 7 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I hate this new trend of saying a guy ducked you when you know you didn't even belong on their radar not too long ago. I'm kinda hoping Trout starches this Carrot top looking motherfucker up now. I fucks with Trout because he's EARNING his way to the top. Not beating bums and getting fights based on what he says in the interview afterwards.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 09:33 PM) *
I agree that he drives up the numbers, but just by a small margin. I don't think anybody was on the fence with ordering Mayweather/Cotto, because of Canelo/Mosley. I seriously wanna know what kind of numbers he can pull in, since his Mexican counterpart (Julio) did about 400k.

As for him taking this Trout fight, think about it...why was he trying soooo hard to get Floyd to sign for a September fight, if he agreed to fight Trout on May 4th on Floyd's undercard?

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but it sounds like Canelo wanted that "guarantee" to fight Floyd, regardless of whether or not he won or lost to Trout. I didn't hear him giving that ultimatum in regards to fighting anybody else on May 4th (Angulo, Molina, whoever), but for some reason, he mentioned Trout's name.

I can also agree to give him credit for even taking the fight, especially after Floyd blew off the ultimatum.

canelo knows about his own curse. he tried to run it on floyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 05:55 PM) *
canelo knows about his own curse. he tried to run it on floyd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Right, not to mention the whole, "I want Floyd to guarantee me a fight in September, so I can "step up" in the public's eyes and get my ass kicked by this other black guy (Trout)".

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 7 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Right, not to mention the whole, "I want Floyd to guarantee me a fight in September, so I can "step up" in the public's eyes and get my ass kicked by this other black guy (Trout)".

pretty much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 8 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Floyd fights guys when they're near their peak. Not necessarily peak as far as talent and ability but peak as far as popularity. Why would he guarantee a guy a fight when he could very easily get his ass whooped by Trout. In fact, I'm leaning towards Trout in this one...especially now. I think Canelo is thinking about everyone but Trout and Austin has a one track mind.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 8 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 7 2013, 12:35 PM) *
I hate this new trend of saying a guy ducked you when you know you didn't even belong on their radar not too long ago. I'm kinda hoping Trout starches this Carrot top looking motherfucker up now. I fucks with Trout because he's EARNING his way to the top. Not beating bums and getting fights based on what he says in the interview afterwards.

Kill that shit, Great post!

While trout was grinding getting Ws against guys like D-rod and cotto this motherfucker was fighting welterweights.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:59 AM