Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd and Bob, Friends Again
Dolimite
post Sep 5 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I think it is two grown ass men acting like grown ass men. Why make an ass of yourself when you do not have to. They are two businessmen who have mutual respect for each other. I don't think they will be going out and talking on the phone with each other. This is nothing. Arum already said a decade ago that Floyd was a damn beast so this is no surprise. They were at a function that did not call for all the BS. Hell, Roach even said that Mayweather was the best boxer of the game. So does that mean Freddy wants to train Mayweather or thinking about dipping out on Manny? No. Floyd knows Arum is a crook but why state the obvious? The platform was not meant for bashing, just respecting boxers accomplishments.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 07:31 PM) *
the pacquiao fight is not going to happen unless top rank fights on showtime because floyd is under contract. maybe floyds fights one more time after his contract is up. also i think floyd has respect for schaefer but is super tired of delahoya like i am and his antics. what i did like about the video professor is bob acknowledges floyd will win and possibly even ko canelo.

i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 5 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He did get over the shit with his dad so I can believe this..

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 5 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 03:39 PM) *
i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.

Professor, you think Floyd will KO Canelo? I think he will abuse him for 12 rounds just to show the world how hyped up Oscar made him. Interesting Professor.

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 5 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #15

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 07:39 PM) *

thats why i think they will get it done but hbo is salty at floyd for leaving and bob is a smart business man so he wont risk messing with his cash flow but the flip side is if bob did fight on show time ppv and hbo had a problem it would be insane to lose top rank and not have gbp so really bob has the power of hbo

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Professor, you think Floyd will KO Canelo? I think he will abuse him for 12 rounds just to show the world how hyped up Oscar made him. Interesting Professor.

i think floyd is going to the bread basket in this one....that's going to give canelo opportunities....but i believe it can possibly lead to a stoppage. it may just be a ploy....but everytime i'm seeing training footage of floyd....he looks like he's focused on attacking the body. it may just be my imagination too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) who knows?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 07:50 PM) *
thats why i think they will get it done but hbo is salty at floyd for leaving and bob is a smart business man so he wont risk messing with his cash flow but the flip side is if bob did fight on show time ppv and hbo had a problem it would be insane to lose top rank and not have gbp so really bob has the power of hbo

u know....hbo refusing to do business with a promoter seems unprecedented to me....but i have to think...it's been an extremely long time since they've done a show with main events. goosen tutor doesn't seem to be on their airwaves as much anymore either. it's like al haymon put all his eggs in one basket with gbp....and hbo put all their eggs in one basket with top rank. i agree...they really gave bob power.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 5 2013, 07:45 PM) *
He did get over the shit with his dad so I can believe this..

in my eyes...that was one of the best things floyd ever did.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 5 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

anyone else feel bob is full of shit and lying about not talking to andre ward???

at one point he says something about 'not being at liberty...' then he back tracks and says...'i wouldn't talk to him in the first place because he's under contract blah,blah,blah...'

fuckin lawyers. smh.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 5 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:59 PM) *
anyone else feel bob is full of shit and lying about not talking to andre ward???

at one point he says something about 'not being at liberty...' then he back tracks and says...'i wouldn't talk to him in the first place because he's under contract blah,blah,blah...'

fuckin lawyers. smh.

well we all know that Bob is doing his lawyer double talk, he could give a damn who Ward is with as long as he gets a piece of him or all of him, of course he wants Ward/who/ which Promoter wouldn't??

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:50 AM