IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Kirkland..., Just wondering about last night & stoppage...
JLUVBABY
post Apr 13 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #61

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 13 2011, 03:03 AM) *
This sounds like the smooth ole 'concession speech within a victory speech.' Silky stuff. I appreciate it JLUV, I really do. Brings a tear to my eye (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

concession?... if you would like to think so... lol.. what you are saying dont hold water... wish i knew how to put up a poll... im interested in knowing how many people on here really feel like you can reduce fighters to bum status off one fight when they have for the most part showed something positive to boxing and to have something in all of their previous fights?... what you are saying sounds like words coming from a person that just dont like the fighter (which its obvious you dont... lol) one and two the key word when giving your facts about kirkland is "I dont think and i feel"... you are giving me your opinion and i seriously doubt the feelings of that of the whole board... lets say kirkland rebounds from that fight and in his next fight ko's a wolak or a bundradge type fighter?... does he all of a sudden become a contender type fighter again?... he can go from contender to bum to contender again in a matter of 3 fights would be what you would have using your logic... lol... that shit dont make sense... you have a personal dislike for the guy and you can tell from your responses which is why its really not worth discussing anymore because we cant have a solid and sane conversation about kirkland because you come in to the convo a verified hater... so no matter what points i make all you know and see and will appreciate is yours... you have already realized that what you are saying doesnt make sense which is why you, after so many back and fourth comments we've had you came back and said you called kirkland a bum "JUST FOR KICKS"... Get the fuck outta here with that b.s... you have a genuine dislike for kirkland which is cool, you have that right... but thats also the reason why we can not have a logical conversation about the guy... cuzz while i could care less rather he sinks or swims, im calling your statement of him being a bum as i see it, you cant do the same... your dislike for kirkland makes him in your mind a bum from day one... thats your opinion... have fun with it... lol..

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Apr 13 2011, 04:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 13 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 13 2011, 04:29 PM) *
concession?... if you would like to think so... lol.. what you are saying dont hold water... wish i knew how to put up a poll... im interested in knowing how many people on here really feel like you can reduce fighters to bum status off one fight when they have for the most part showed something positive to boxing and to have something in all of their previous fights?... what you are saying sounds like words coming from a person that just dont like the fighter (which its obvious you dont... lol) one and two the key word when giving your facts about kirkland is "I dont think and i feel"... you are giving me your opinion and i seriously doubt the feelings of that of the whole board... lets say kirkland rebounds from that fight and in his next fight ko's a wolak or a bundradge type fighter?... does he all of a sudden become a contender type fighter again?... he can go from contender to bum to contender again in a matter of 3 fights would be what you would have using your logic... lol... that shit dont make sense... you have a personal dislike for the guy and you can tell from your responses which is why its really not worth discussing anymore because we cant have a solid and sane conversation about kirkland because you come in to the convo a verified hater... so no matter what points i make all you know and see and will appreciate is yours... you have already realized that what you are saying doesnt make sense which is why you, after so many back and fourth comments we've had you came back and said you called kirkland a bum "JUST FOR KICKS"... Get the fuck outta here with that b.s... you have a genuine dislike for kirkland which is cool, you have that right... but thats also the reason why we can not have a logical conversation about the guy... cuzz while i could care less rather he sinks or swims, im calling your statement of him being a bum as i see it, you cant do the same... your dislike for kirkland makes him in your mind a bum from day one... thats your opinion... have fun with it... lol..

Dude I'm 3 years into this site and still don't know how to use that quote function properly, LOL.

However I did find my own post on a Kirkland thread from about 3 weeks ago ago. It's back on page 3. Here it is:

"I've been meaning to comment on his for a while.

I'm torn with Kirkland. You see a video like the one above and you have so much respect and goodwill for the guy. He's made mistakes and owns up to them without any BS excuses. The dude just seems like he wants to be a better man.

He obviously trains his ass off, comes in shape and has a real fighter's heart. Yet.....................

I just watched his fight with Berrio which he won in a couple of rounds, but the guy is so easy to hit. And I don't think he's got a granite chin. Anyone with solid technique who doesn't wilt under pressure and throws straight punches will KO this guy. Easily.

I actually think Alvarez would eat him up.

I do like Kirkland though, I hope he gets some nice paydays along the way and gets to look after his family
."

Now you tell me how that is hate for the guy? I have NEVER rated him as a fighter that's all. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy. Boy you've got it twisted. You think because I don't happen to rate a guy as a fighter it means I must automtaically dislike the dude.

Stop being an ass.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 13 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #63

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 13 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Dude I'm 3 years into this site and still don't know how to use that quote function properly, LOL.

However I did find my own post on a Kirkland thread from about 3 weeks ago ago. It's back on page 3. Here it is:

"I've been meaning to comment on his for a while.

I'm torn with Kirkland. You see a video like the one above and you have so much respect and goodwill for the guy. He's made mistakes and owns up to them without any BS excuses. The dude just seems like he wants to be a better man.

He obviously trains his ass off, comes in shape and has a real fighter's heart. Yet.....................

I just watched his fight with Berrio which he won in a couple of rounds, but the guy is so easy to hit. And I don't think he's got a granite chin. Anyone with solid technique who doesn't wilt under pressure and throws straight punches will KO this guy. Easily.

I actually think Alvarez would eat him up.

I do like Kirkland though, I hope he gets some nice paydays along the way and gets to look after his family
."

Now you tell me how that is hate for the guy? I have NEVER rated him as a fighter that's all. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy. Boy you've got it twisted. You think because I don't happen to rate a guy as a fighter it means I must automtaically dislike the dude.

Stop being an ass.

that has nothing to do with what youve been discussing with me.. ass that... lol... and for the record you are resorting to name calling so you are obviously getting upset... calm down.. its not that big a deal to get your blood pressure up... so you double cross what you have to say.. its all good...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 13 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 13 2011, 06:18 PM) *
that has nothing to do with what youve been discussing with me.. ass that... lol... and for the record you are resorting to name calling so you are obviously getting upset... calm down.. its not that big a deal to get your blood pressure up... so you double cross what you have to say.. its all good...

"For the record" who the freak uses language like that? Haha loves it. Thanks Perry Mason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

"So you double cross what you have to say" I'd respond to this except I have no idea what you're saying.

And why did the quote I included have nothing to do with what we have been discussing? In your last post you accused me of hating Kirkland and this is the reason why I didn't rate him as a fighter.

Well that quote clearly shows that:

A) I don't hate James Kirkland the person

and:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Despite this fact I don't think his career will go very far.

2 distinctly different things I would've thought. What you have to remember is I made that post 2 weeks before Kirkland fought his last fight. And whaddya know? Bingo! He's sitting on his ass getting pinned by Gentleman Joe Cortez.

I tell you at the time I felt like Nostradamus except then I realised that predicting the demise of a walking KO-waiting-to-happen like James Kirkland was no real feat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Apr 13 2011, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 13 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #65

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 13 2011, 07:55 PM) *
"For the record" who the freak uses language like that? Haha loves it. Thanks Perry Mason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

"So you double cross what you have to say" I'd respond to this except I have no idea what you're saying.

And why did the quote I included have nothing to do with what we have been discussing? In your last post you accused me of hating Kirkland and this is the reason why I didn't rate him as a fighter.

Well that quote clearly shows that:

A) I don't hate James Kirkland the person

and:

B) Despite this fact I don't think his career will go very far.

2 distinctly different things I would've thought. What you have to remember is I made that post 2 weeks before Kirkland fought his last fight. And whaddya know? Bingo! He's sitting on his ass getting pinned by Gentleman Joe Cortez.

I tell you at the time I felt like Nostradamus except then I realised that predicting the demise of a walking KO-waiting-to-happen like James Kirkland was no real feat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

allight well i quit reading after it has become obvious we arent talking boxing anymore.. lol.. have a nice one ollie.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 13 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #66

Guests

Does it really matter guys?

Hatton has been called a bum for getting knocked out against Manny. Pavlik has been called a bum by a great one, we have had Chavez get called a bum. All I know is Kirkland is well below them. He can be labelled what ever, but in the end, on a hierarchy ladder, he is pretty much well down on the ladder.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:22 AM