IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whispers are that Floyd vs Guerrero did less than 1 mil in ppv buys, ppv #'s from may 5th (Post Closed-Circuit Figures Too)
Jovi
post May 8 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 09:09 PM) *
beating the ouma's and rosado's of the world aren't goint to help everyone understand what it is he brings to the table. i get that. as his management steps up his opposition...u'll see.

i've already said, and i stand by it...i think ggg beats everyone at 160. it's going to start with macklin.

I agree
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 8 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #32

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I don't see how less than 1 mill ppv is bad. At this day and age, aint nobody putting up whatever numbers a Mayweather fight against a subpar opponent. Ill take Mayweather/Guerrero over a Pacquiao/Clottey anyday haha. Wasn't Guerrero a Mandatory? and this was Mayweather's comeback fight. I think he scored well in all categories even his personality seems much more humbling. He let Broner take on the shenanigans. Hopefully anticipation builds up as each fight goes.

They did force it with the 70$ HD ppv. The only way i see ppv's is if I'm with my fam, but usually I'm on the live stream, times are rough out here. Its free, I'm a fan of Mayweather's skills, I love boxing. But this is the digital age and we gotta use our resources. I know that since i've been streaming and people have seen me that since then they have also streamed so its only growing.

If canelo was on the card then no doubt over 1 mill. I think even Broner on the undercard would've done better numbers. Could've been more attention for the fight too but hopefully Shotime and Mayweather learn from this, it was still a great night.

I blame it mostly on Guerrero, the 70$ppv (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) , and evolution.

+Quote Post
Tha Docta
post May 8 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,774

only problem with less than a million PPV buys is that showtime needed 1.3 million PPV buys to break even.

i streamed the fight, but i probably would have purchased it if it were only 50$. i think the pricing and floyds choice of opponent really hurt the PPV sales. he can make up for this if he fights canelo next though. but im not holding my breath.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cshel reads, "Whispers are that Floyd..."

Leaves thread

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post May 8 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #35

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

Throws Broner on his ppvs problem solved.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I seriously don't get how Broner, or GGG can be expected to actually be PPV worthy, tbh not many have been. GGG is hardly known, and Broner, he needs to take care of Paulie first.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 8 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #37

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2013, 02:25 PM) *
I seriously don't get how Broner, or GGG can be expected to actually be PPV worthy, tbh not many have been. GGG is hardly known, and Broner, he needs to take care of Paulie first.

+1

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 8 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 09:15 AM) *
Cshel reads, "Whispers are that Floyd..."

Leaves thread

My sentiments exactly.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 8 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #39

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 8 2013, 10:12 AM) *
I don't see how less than 1 mill ppv is bad. At this day and age, aint nobody putting up whatever numbers a Mayweather fight against a subpar opponent. Ill take Mayweather/Guerrero over a Pacquiao/Clottey anyday haha. Wasn't Guerrero a Mandatory? and this was Mayweather's comeback fight. I think he scored well in all categories even his personality seems much more humbling. He let Broner take on the shenanigans. Hopefully anticipation builds up as each fight goes.

They did force it with the 70$ HD ppv. The only way i see ppv's is if I'm with my fam, but usually I'm on the live stream, times are rough out here. Its free, I'm a fan of Mayweather's skills, I love boxing. But this is the digital age and we gotta use our resources. I know that since i've been streaming and people have seen me that since then they have also streamed so its only growing.

If canelo was on the card then no doubt over 1 mill. I think even Broner on the undercard would've done better numbers. Could've been more attention for the fight too but hopefully Shotime and Mayweather learn from this, it was still a great night.

I blame it mostly on Guerrero, the 70$ppv (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) , and evolution.

(Admin Note. Stream request removed)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 8 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 8 2013, 05:15 PM) *
Bro what website do you stream on?

(Admin Note: No public streams on the forum are permitted. Please send PM's and only PM's for streaming information. We have to delete any public streams because we have had instances with promoters and sponsors taking away our accreditation if they see unauthorized streams. We have to delete all public stream URL's for this reason. URL Streams may only be done through email or PM!)

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 03:32 AM