Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ricky Hatton vs Mayweather, I know Ricky got undressed and knocked out
mgrover
post Apr 17 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

there was only one thing that stunned Hatton and led to a KO, and it wasn't Floyd...

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 17 2012, 06:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Apr 17 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Floyd was brilliant in that Hatton fight. I for one thought Floyd would strictly stick to just boxing, leading with a stiff jab , and hooking Hatton every time he tried to go to the body. Instead Floyd played Hatton's game of fighting in the inside and going to the body. He even used some roughhouse tactics to rattle Ricky and played possum when he needed to frustrate Hatton. It showed Floyd's inside game was impregnable against a skilled inside fighter and great body puncher. One of my favorite fights to watch on the DVR, you can see when Floyd adjusted after Hatton really put the pressure on Mayweather.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #23

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 05:05 PM) *
i can't see cotto getting gattied....i think pac will though. btw. u seriously overrate hatton. he was never in the fight against floyd. he was done after the collazo fight. hatton isn't half the fighter cotto is...and cotto has a much bigger bag of tricks than castillo. castillo only knew how to fight one way. cotto is a multi-faceted fighter.

we'll see what happens fight night.

Cotto lacks resiliency and gets hit quite a bit. Hatton's resume at 140 is better than Cotto's at 140.

Cotto gets his face torn out by Margarito, Clottey, Pacman and let's not forget what Torres did to him. Almost had him out, had him stumbling like a queer for a round and half. Heck, even Malignagii with a busted up face was stunning him here and there in the final rounds.

Cotto eats too many shots in combos and he lacks resiliency.

Mosley eats shots but one at a time and he is tough. Cotto will eat shots in combos and he'll get busted up

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #24

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 06:31 PM) *
i thought collazo won that fight and got robbed of being the first person to drop hatton. he definitely wasn't the same after that one.

Hatton dropped Collazo not the other way around and that wasn't really a hard knockdown or anything, maybe more an off balance thing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 06:30 PM) *
who thought marquez was done? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Probably a nuthugger who thinks that EVERY fighter that Floyd fights is never the same afterwards...as we've been hearing forever. Marquez lost nothing after that fight, in fact, that fight helped him more than it hurt him. It was a win/win (reputation wise), and it looks quite goofy on Floyd's record.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Hatton's resume at 140 is better than Cotto's at 140.

Huh?! If anything, Cotto possibly edges it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 17 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I never thought 147 was a good weight for hatton even though Floyd wasn't a big welterweight at the time. He has filled out since then.

But Floyd took some notes from og bhop for that fight. Pot shot, clinch, repeat. The speed was too much the clean shots took their toll the clinching and missing shots tired him and he eventually started breaking down.

Cotto cannot take clean shots. But he has good timing and has looked good against speed fighters in the past. But the problem is he can't take clean shots and once he genuinely hurt or put down he completely abandons his gameplan and starts running. Plus he has been much slower at 154 and he hasn't seemed to gotten much stronger against sub-par opposition. He was much stronger and quicker at 147 with his uncle at his corner. He was a beast and his performance against mosley is still one of the more impressive I have seen. Once he more than likely got plastered and his corner broke down he was finished. To this day I think his corner, without the issues, coached him best. He would have been a beast if marg never (probably) cheated. But in my opinion he still wouldn't have beaten Floyd.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 18 2012, 06:13 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Anyone remember the Jesus Chavez fight? Floyd definitely was NOT in a Barcalounger during that fight. He eventually stopped him, as Chavez's corner stopped the fight in b/t rounds, but IMO, this was one of Floyd's toughest fights.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 18 2012, 06:16 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

As far as Cotto, his MAJOR obstacle is fuel efficiency. He needs some of that "flex fuel" for this fight, as we all can guess, if he gets winded against Floyd....

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 18 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #29

Welterweight

Oh yeah, thought about this the other day. Define irony: Floyd fighting (and subsequently whitewashing) Diego Corrales, in the last fight prior to Chico going to jail for......you guessed it, domestic violence against the mother of his child (who was pregnant at the time)....only to be in an eerily situation, some 11 years later. Let's hope the outcome isn't consistent.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 18 2012, 06:53 AM
Post #30

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 18 2012, 07:30 AM) *
Oh yeah, thought about this the other day. Define irony: Floyd fighting (and subsequently whitewashing) Diego Corrales, in the last fight prior to Chico going to jail for......you guessed it, domestic violence against the mother of his child (who was pregnant at the time)....only to be in an eerily situation, some 11 years later. Let's hope the outcome isn't consistent.

Yeah, and I swear Floyd made some statement like he was gonna win the Corrales fight for "all the battered women out there" or some shit?! Irony is a bitch...

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:46 AM