IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok guys.....Who is going to beat Lyoto Machida?
TheGrimm
post Jul 28 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,416

IMO it will take a very good sensational striker(i.e. pre-UFC shogun) or a powerful one-punch KO striker(Rampage) to take Machida out. I'm real exited for the machida - rua fight as i am a big fan of both fighters, but i seriously doubt rua's cardio as we only saw him in one round against liddell. if rua gets his cardio back and strikes like he did before, he's definitely gonna give machida a run for his money.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 31 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (TheGrimm @ Jul 28 2009, 04:58 PM) *
IMO it will take a very good sensational striker(i.e. pre-UFC shogun) or a powerful one-punch KO striker(Rampage) to take Machida out. I'm real exited for the machida - rua fight as i am a big fan of both fighters, but i seriously doubt rua's cardio as we only saw him in one round against liddell. if rua gets his cardio back and strikes like he did before, he's definitely gonna give machida a run for his money.

Welcome to the forums, Grimm.

Rua's cardio is going to be the key to this fight. If he shows up in-shape, he wins. If he doesn't, he'll get sub'ed or possibly even stopped around RD 3.

Machida could not handle the pressure of the Pride version of Shogun. Sadly, as a result of time and injury, that fighter may be gone forever. Chute Boxe fighters typically have short lifespans in the ring, due to the full-throttle style of training they're put through. (Pele, Ninja, and Wanderlei being good examples.)

I hope Shogun can put it together though. This Machida nut-hugging is getting sickening.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jul 31 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #23

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

LOL, reference me a fight where machida was struggling with the pressure of an opponent.

Shogun was awesome, but i think he would struggle to maintain pressure against someone as elusive and good at picking his spots as machida.

I dont necessarily think machida beats that version of shogun, but i do think someone on this board likes to nuthug fighters just because they fought in pride

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 1 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 31 2009, 08:20 AM) *
LOL, reference me a fight where machida was struggling with the pressure of an opponent.

Shogun was awesome, but i think he would struggle to maintain pressure against someone as elusive and good at picking his spots as machida.

I dont necessarily think machida beats that version of shogun, but i do think someone on this board likes to nuthug fighters just because they fought in pride

Reference me a fight where Machida had to face a fighter who could, or was willing, to pressure him the way Mauricio Rua pressures opponents. The closest he's ever come is with Tito Ortiz. And Tito, at this point in his career, just isn't a complete enough fighter to do what it takes to beat a guy like Machida.

Between being a Pride nuthugger or UFC nuthugger, I'd happily choose the former. But the reality is, I'm just an MMA nuthugger. Liking Pride isn't a sin, is it? They produced the best fighters in the world.

Whatever though. Shit-talkers can eat a dick, know what I'm saying?

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 1 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #25

Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 1 2009, 05:47 AM) *
Reference me a fight where Machida had to face a fighter who could, or was willing, to pressure him the way Mauricio Rua pressures opponents. The closest he's ever come is with Tito Ortiz. And Tito, at this point in his career, just isn't a complete enough fighter to do what it takes to beat a guy like Machida.

Between being a Pride nuthugger or UFC nuthugger, I'd happily choose the former. But the reality is, I'm just an MMA nuthugger. Liking Pride isn't a sin, is it? They produced the best fighters in the world.

Whatever though. Shit-talkers can eat a dick, know what I'm saying?

So what your saying is your a dick eater... fair enough. Each to his own

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

The point is that Machidas style is very unique, and hard to replicate at the same level at which he utilizes it. It would be largely untested waters for shogun having to chase a guy that maintains his distance, refuses to engage recklessly, picks his spots and masks his shots as well as the dragon does. Whereas what shogun will do is try and pressure machida... which is what everyone does. Shogun may do it better than the rest, but its hardly going to be something that lyoto hasnt seen before

Anyway, shogun will get his shot, he will come in much better condition than he did in his ufc debut... he will get beaten, and you can whine about the good old days in pride where shogun wins because of nostalgia

enjoy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Aug 1 2009, 05:14 PM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 1 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 1 2009, 06:03 AM) *
So what your saying is your a dick eater... fair enough. Each to his own

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

The point is that Machidas style is very unique, and hard to replicate at the same level at which he utilizes it. It would be largely untested waters for shogun having to chase a guy that maintains his distance, refuses to engage recklessly, picks his spots and masks his shots as well as the dragon does. Whereas what shogun will do is try and pressure machida... which is what everyone does. Shogun may do it better than the rest, but its hardly going to be something that lyoto hasnt seen before

Anyway, shogun will get his shot, he will come in much better condition than he did in his ufc debut... he will get beaten, and you can whine about the good old days in pride where shogun wins because of nostalgia

enjoy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

Actually I would consider a dick-eater to be the one making shit personal and hurling insults because no one agrees with his/her opinion.

Whatever though.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 2 2009, 03:08 AM
Post #27

Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 2 2009, 07:11 AM) *
Let's wait and see how Machida deals with Shogun before we all start sucking his cock. Alot of guys swinging from Lyoto's nutsack were the same cats picking Rashad Evans to beat him just several days earlier.

Exactly, the dick eater is the guy that started slinging insults first..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) i am glad you agree. Now off you go and scrape some dudes cheese off with your tonsils

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 2 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 2 2009, 04:08 AM) *
Exactly, the dick eater is the guy that started slinging insults first..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) i am glad you agree. Now off you go and scrape some dudes cheese off with your tonsils

I don't recall referencing anyone by name with my post. In fact, I think it was a pretty broad and general statement. If you were the first one to get offended by a post about my looking down on cock suckers, then chances are you are, well, a cocksucker. Right? So, in the words of Les Grossman, how about I send you a hobo's dick cheese? In the mean time and as usual, go fuck yourself.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 2 2009, 05:00 AM
Post #29

Middleweight

Actually, i picked machida over evans, so i wasn't offended by your insults. So wrong again for the piss ant warlord. However, i figured if this guy doesnt care who he is dishing shit at... well he must be man enough to take it. Unfortunately all it seems you can take are dicks up the arse.... lol. And please, you can keep your collection of hobo dick cheese to yourself

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Aug 2 2009, 05:03 AM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 2 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #30

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 2 2009, 05:00 AM) *
Actually, i picked machida over evans, so i wasn't offended by your insults. So wrong again for the piss ant warlord. However, i figured if this guy doesnt care who he is dishing shit at... well he must be man enough to take it. Unfortunately all it seems you can take are dicks up the arse.... lol. And please, you can keep your collection of hobo dick cheese to yourself

Lame.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:24 AM