IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Beats Lara..., The gate opens...let the hate begin...
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 08:38 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 9 2014, 08:30 PM) *
Shit i was there too ringside. Add me to the team denial club.

Canelo Trout was a hard fight and consider that Trout had to take more risks and fight a different type of fight due to the open scoring. He may not have stayed true to his game plan. I think there were other technicalities/stipulations that Canelo's team made trout agree to. Not saying Canelo didnt win, but the fight was close.

Im not saying Canelo cant beat Lara but i favor Lara over Canelo. What did Floyd do against Canelo that Lara can't do against Canelo? Also keep in mind Canelos days at 154 are most likely coming to an end. That weight is draining him.

Sorry, but we can no longer play this card...not that it was a great card to play in the first place. Lol

Trout knew what he was in for...

1. He was fighting a guy who EVERYONE was building up to fight Mayweather...Trout's name was never mentioned, let alone hardly mentioned amongst boxing fans.
2. He was in Texas in front of nearly 40k fans and judges were there to push the Canelo/Mayweather agenda.
3. Open scoring has NOTHING to do with it, especially off the strength that Trout knew about the open scoring.
4. Trout should have been fighting as if he KNEW the cards weren't in his favor...it didn't take open scoring for him to figure that out...he knew what the deal was, from jump.
5. Trout knew that the odds were stacked against him and that there wasn't a rematch clause...so why didn't he fight like that?
6. What were those "other technicalities/stipulations" that Canelo's team made Trout agree to?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2014, 05:47 PM) *
GBP should make this one happen. I need to move to 3-0 in Gambit's prediction league.

I'm clutching at straws to get at least ONE win in Gambito's leagues...I'm looking real bad over here.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 10 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

@Cheesey1 @Cshel86 we still in the beginning stages so u never know. I started 0-3 before I went up 5, so I know first hand that all your luck at this point can change in one night with the right predictions.

Anybody can confirm if Canelo actually came into the ring saturday at 174lbs. from 155lbs. the day before. Shit, I see now why he don't have a problem at all facing the Cotto-Martinez winner if it's true.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 10 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Canelo has the skills but I'm not sold that he beats Lara. Lara hasn't shown up in all his fights..ex. The Molina fight and the Vanes fight but he still gives his opponents hell. He moves well and most opponents of Canelo are there to be hit. His most impressive fights are against guys who don't move and stay directly in front of him

Ex...Lopez, Angulo, Matthew Hatton, Rhodes, Baldomir etc...he didn't beat Trout imo and I think Trout controlled him most of the night with a jab. I think Lara can make Alvarez gas worse then Trout did. But Canelo can drop him, this we know. I'd like to see this fight happen but I'd most likely lean towards Lara

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 10 2014, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 10 2014, 12:36 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think making a prediction on Canelo/Lara based on their fights with Angulo is a mistake. Angulo did drop Lara twice, but Lara put on a clinic as well. Lara battered Angulo and maybe that's why Canelo picked him to fight at this time. Angulo may well have retired right after the Lara fight and it would have been all good. I didnt see the Canelo/Angulo fight yet, but it sounds like Canelo beat the brakes off Angulo, who didnt appear to have anything left after the 1st round. Was that Canelo being so great or Angulo still damaged from the Lara fight.

It would not be the 1st time that Canelo cherry picked a name guy who was damaged goods. I remember him picking a fight with Kirkland a few years ago when Kirkland was on the shelf with a torn rotator. the fight had to be now or you wont get the fight was how it was laid out to Kirkland, who basically would have been fighting with 1 arm. It was tempting to Kirkland who eventually said F.U.

For the record, I think Lara outpoints him. It may get rough at times, but Lara recovered well in the Angulo fight when he was hurt and proceeded to box as if the knockdowns didn't happen.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 10 2014, 01:06 AM
Post #26

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Lara's resume is better or about the same as Alvarez.

I must admit I was not at all impressed with Canelo beforehand against Angulo. Angulo was a live dog before fight night. Canelo's first landed power attack took the Perro out of El Perro, great stuff by the young Mexican who I picked to lose by KO.

Nonetheless I'm with Lara on this one, I think he has the better defense but Canelo's ring IQ is close with him. Lara has one of the fastest left hands I've seen from a south paw since Pacquiao was Pacmannin The Mexican Legend Trio. I know that sounds a bit hasty but Lara has the skill set to time Canelo with a left and play Matador. He can't go forward against Canelo so he must stick to outside boxing and turning Canelo from that left uppercut, timing his right hand or clinch when hurt to either close but clear UD/SD.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 10 2014, 05:24 AM
Post #27

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2014, 03:43 PM) *
What's with the double standard? Most guys have already given Lara the W if he ever shares the ring with Lara. I can look up some of those posts, by the way. "Styles make fights" needs to be explained for whatever the matchup is, since most boxing "fans" use it as a means to shut the other guys up, without the intent of being challenged on it (that excludes you, by the way, lol).

That's what Lara needs to do (move forward), because all of that circling that he does can EASILY be viewed as "running", let the judges tell it. I think Lara is banking on Canelo being confused by his movement, but, if Canelo takes the fight to him, then I can see him being surprised...and not being able to deal with it.

Canelo's defense (which is underrated by the way) will get him through those "gas" rounds, like it always has. Lara doesn't strike me as an opportunist, just a "play it safe" counterpuncher. There are a lot of variables here (as you mentioned), but the question is, who capitalizes on them?

Agreed

I'm not so sure an All Access series would help Lara at this point...some guys just aren't cut out for it.

I meant styles making fights in terms of (biggest example) Angulo stayed right in front of Canelo the whole time even while getting punched, no step backs even to dodge, well it was very minimal, for the most part he was right in front of Canelo. If Canelo we're versing Lara, I'd expect Lara to move around more since he uses his legs alot and likes to circle the ring, Lara is just a mover compared to Angulo being a straightforward fighter.

You're right about Canelo's defense. His Defense is really good, and very balanced! He not only uses his legs to jump in and out, but also used his upperbody alot so he's very versatile which is only going to do him good, He was even parrying alot of angulos punches.

The only thing thats questionable is how slow and weak Angulo looked compared to Canelo, Angulo had me thinking I'm ready to hop in the ring and trade punches with him, and im a 140 pounder.

Canelo vs Lara: Offense- Both of them are Fast, Strong, love to throw jabs and put combos behind them. I cant give the advantage to either one of them in that category yet. Defense- Canelo has a balance of blocking, upperbody movement and lowerbody movement; while Lara on the other hand's defense is mostly Reliant on the lowerbody movement. So On an outside fight I'd give it to lara but I know Canelo will come in and fight on the inside too. Wildcard- Lara mostly counterpunches while Canelo can counter and Will Punch with you, with his power it works in his favor alot.

Its an awesome fight indeed, but I have a feeling Canelo want's Cotto or Martinez, and i ain't mad at him at all for it. I think he beats both, unless Martinez is pre-murray Martinez. But All good fights.

Canelo is gonna have a good year, I aint gonna lie, he impressed the shit out of me that fight, I'ma rewatch that a few times this week as soon as i can watch it HD.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Mar 10 2014, 05:25 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 10 2014, 11:23 AM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 10 2014, 01:16 AM) *
@Cheesey1 @Cshel86 we still in the beginning stages so u never know. I started 0-3 before I went up 5, so I know first hand that all your luck at this point can change in one night with the right predictions.

Anybody can confirm if Canelo actually came into the ring saturday at 174lbs. from 155lbs. the day before. Shit, I see now why he don't have a problem at all facing the Cotto-Martinez winner if it's true.

Nah, he was 170...Angulo came in at 174 after weighing in at 154.5.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 10 2014, 11:59 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I will say this: When Canelo fought Trout everyone thought Canelo got the nod unfairly, Canelo fights Mayweather and gets smoke (nothing to be ashamed either). people on this board including the dude who started this thread felt Canelo was a bit of a hype job. Now he dismantles El Perro and now all of a sudden he can beat Lara?

Teddy "Drunk as a Skunk" Atlas (I don't know how many people saw FNF last week, but Teddy was lit) said it best and I quote "Angulo, like Rios was picked for the Pacquiao fight, was picked for Canelo to look good." I picked Angulo to win because I like him as a person. I picked with my heart. Let's not forget what Lara did to Angulo. He came back from two knock downs and stopped El Perro. Let's face it, Canelo was the far superior talent between the two, he did everything he was suppose to do in that fight. he looked PHENOMENAL! I was wondering where was the this Canelo last year? I do not think Canelo can out box or out think Lara. Unlike Canelo, when Lara was down he dug deep and came back and beat Angulo. Yes Lara gets hit but guess what, he never panics, he always recovers.

Let's not go overboard with Canelo just yet, let's see how he will do against the Kirklands, Charlos, Laras, Cottos of the 154 pound division. I know we are excited but let's pipe that down. Let's wait and see what he does against a slick boxer not named Mayweather. I am happy about his win because I like Canelo to an extent ( love the Ali apparel and Tyson clothes he rocks) but let's wait and see.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 10 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 10 2014, 12:59 PM) *
I will say this: When Canelo fought Trout everyone thought Canelo got the nod unfairly, Canelo fights Mayweather and gets smoke (nothing to be ashamed either). people on this board including the dude who started this thread felt Canelo was a bit of a hype job. Now he dismantles El Perro and now all of a sudden he can beat Lara?

Teddy "Drunk as a Skunk" Atlas (I don't know how many people saw FNF last week, but Teddy was lit) said it best and I quote "Angulo, like Rios was picked for the Pacquiao fight, was picked for Canelo to look good." I picked Angulo to win because I like him as a person. I picked with my heart. Let's not forget what Lara did to Angulo. He came back from two knock downs and stopped El Perro. Let's face it, Canelo was the far superior talent between the two, he did everything he was suppose to do in that fight. he looked PHENOMENAL! I was wondering where was the this Canelo last year? I do not think Canelo can out box or out think Lara. Unlike Canelo, when Lara was down he dug deep and came back and beat Angulo. Yes Lara gets hit but guess what, he never panics, he always recovers.

Let's not go overboard with Canelo just yet, let's see how he will do against the Kirklands, Charlos, Laras, Cottos of the 154 pound division. I know we are excited but let's pipe that down. Let's wait and see what he does against a slick boxer not named Mayweather. I am happy about his win because I like Canelo to an extent ( love the Ali apparel and Tyson clothes he rocks) but let's wait and see.

Just call my name bro...it's only one person that started this thread. This has nothing to do with Mayweather as you always seem to bring up, just to make your point. Anybody can make a point about boxing, when Mayweather's name is brought up...stick to the topic here, we're talking about 2 common opponents. Again, LEAVE Mayweather out of this.

It's not that he beat Angulo, but it's the fashion in which he beat him. Angulo is waaaay too hittable, so why wasn't Lara able to do the same (or even better than Canelo)? Real quick (since you like bringing up Floyd so much), when did people REALLY start giving him his credit as a fighter (casual fans)? After the...wait for it...the Gatti fight. Who hasn't beaten Gatti? The thing is, the fashion in which he beat Gatti...he was supposed to "run" around the ring and avoid exchanges, instead, he brought the fight to him. I can't name anybody that beat Gatti in that embarrassing of a fashion, no one.

Guys make it seem like Lara's a world beater, because of his "style" and amateur background, stop it. The only Cuban that I put my money on nowadays, is Rigondeaux. Again, since you bring up old stuff, YOU were one of the ones that said Canelo didn't belong in the ring with Trout, whom most of you crowned as this "slick" boxer with "Mayweather" arm reach, and movement that would embarrass Canelo...we see how that turned out. As a matter of fact, that's when Canelo really won my respect.

People can talk all day about how much of a bum they think Chavez is (or was), but he proved himself in the Lee fight, and almost finished Sergio, whom most of you hyped us as this world beater...seems to be a lot of backtracking going on when it comes to Sergio around here.

You try to make this case about Lara "digging deep" and beating Angulo, but why in the world was such a "superior" fighter on the deck any damn way? Canelo wasn't doing half the movement that Lara was doing, and not once did he hit the deck.

It's about time to give credit, where credit is due, and Canelo deserves some credit. How many people are you trying to throw at the dude...hoping that he's gonna lose, huh? You HATE it when the media does it to Floyd, but you're so comfortable doing it with Canelo. I'm not saying that Canelo is gonna be the next Mayweather, but the star power is there, and I'm almost certain that he beats Lara.

There you go throwing names out there...and of all names, the Charlo twins?! I like them, but they're nowhere near that level at this time (attraction wise)...they're still contenders. Canelo beats Cotto at this point, and out of all people, what does a Kirkland victory even do for him?

And I know why they put Angulo in front of Canelo...maybe because he was the one to put the world beater, Lara, on the deck twice in his career, regardless of him being stopped late in the fight. Had Angulo just gotten starched by Lara, then there would've been no need for the Canelo fight, but let's be honest here...Angulo took a piece of Lara that he (Lara) can't get back, and now he's begging for a payday. The little faith that most had in Lara's style and ability to look unbeatable, was taken away by Angulo.

It's a hard game out there in the boxing world, but Lara may have ruined his chances by getting dropped by Angulo, whom he wasn't even slugging with (how embarrassing). NOW, if Lara's lucky, Canelo's team may take advantage of Lara's weaknesses in the Angulo fight, and actually give him a fight after all.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:33 AM