IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2013, 02:14 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:34 PM) *
Well Bradley is out of the equation.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-oppo...t-coming--61673

I doubt its Canelo.
It can only be Guerreo. Floyd is BSing us lol

What if floyd fight Trout and Canelo fights the winner of Smith/Bundrage? Then Floyd and Canelo meet in september to settle the score considering everything goes smoothly?

Man, this stuff is starting to become soap opera like. The one fight I hope and look forward to involving Floyd is a potential matchup with Martinez. At some point, I hope that fight happens
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 24 2013, 05:26 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

He's probably going to fight Malignaggi... Easy fight for him at this stage of his career.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 24 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Here we go again...giving Floyd the W for fights that haven't even happened. Trout has the same arm length/reach as Floyd...something Floyd hasn't faced in a while (if ever). A Trout fight for Floyd would be somewhat of a nightmare.

Of course he'd beat Trout, just like he already beat Margarito and Paul Williams. All he ever has to do is step back and counter... LOL!

Totally agree with you here...

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jan 24 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Here we go again...giving Floyd the W for fights that haven't even happened. Trout has the same arm length/reach as Floyd...something Floyd hasn't faced in a while (if ever). A Trout fight for Floyd would be somewhat of a nightmare.

Its cool to take the fight from Floyd before it even happens though, huh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ? It would be a nightmare...for Trout.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 24 2013, 08:26 AM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2013, 05:26 AM) *
He's probably going to fight Malignaggi... Easy fight for him at this stage of his career.

Definitely not Malinaggi. Malinaggi Will most likely fight Maidana. He called him out and Maidana accepted.
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...cks-week--61691

It has to be Guerrero lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 24 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 23 2013, 10:27 PM) *
I think he's already the best of his generation, I mean realistically who can challenge him in any weight class for that title

Very true, but I think a legit win over Martinez would put him over the top. I'm thinking one of the atgs, especially if he surprisingly goes for the middleweight title.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 11:13 PM) *

I believe that as much as you chels. Cotto looked physically bigger and stronger than Floyd in their fight and trout was bullying cotto the whole fight. A big southpaw at his natural weight with ring smarts and athletic ability would be bad for Floyd especially at his age. Why do you think the Martinez fight is so interesting dolomite?!? Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2013, 05:29 AM) *
Of course he'd beat Trout, just like he already beat Margarito and Paul Williams. All he ever has to do is step back and counter... LOL!

Totally agree with you here...

Exactly. Money wasn't the issue with some of those fights that he didn't take...the risk factor played a big part in it as well. I can respect him for not taking some of those fights, because certain fights dont give your career a boost, but some of those fights could've been taken.

QUOTE (emd01 @ Jan 24 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Its cool to take the fight from Floyd before it even happens though, huh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ? It would be a nightmare...for Trout.

Sorry man, but Floyd doesn't beat EVERY fighter out there.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 24 2013, 08:40 AM) *
I believe that as much as you chels. Cotto looked physically bigger and stronger than Floyd in their fight and trout was bullying cotto the whole fight. A big southpaw at his natural weight with ring smarts and athletic ability would be bad for Floyd especially at his age. Why do you think the Martinez fight is so interesting dolomite?!? Lol

Thank you. I'm not hating on the guy by any means, but cats come from the wood work and crown him the winner of fights that he either avoided, or will never take (because of weight issues or money). Trout is a nightmare for a lot of guys at 154...hell, he barely made the weight limit for the Cotto fight.

He towered over Cotto in that fight, and had a 5 inch reach advantage...who in the hell talked Cotto into taking that fight? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though, Trout has the same reach as Floyd, and Floyd hasn't fought anybody with the same reach...maybe never, or VERY early in his career. If Oscar's jab kept him at bay and he had shorter arms, then a tall athletic Trout will definitely be a force for him.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 24 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #28

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Exactly. Money wasn't the issue with some of those fights that he didn't take...the risk factor played a big part in it as well. I can respect him for not taking some of those fights, because certain fights dont give your career a boost, but some of those fights could've been taken.

Sorry man, but Floyd doesn't beat EVERY fighter out there.

Thank you. I'm not hating on the guy by any means, but cats come from the wood work and crown him the winner of fights that he either avoided, or will never take (because of weight issues or money). Trout is a nightmare for a lot of guys at 154...hell, he barely made the weight limit for the Cotto fight.

He towered over Cotto in that fight, and had a 5 inch reach advantage...who in the hell talked Cotto into taking that fight? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though, Trout has the same reach as Floyd, and Floyd hasn't fought anybody with the same reach...maybe never, or VERY early in his career. If Oscar's jab kept him at bay and he had shorter arms, then a tall athletic Trout will definitely be a force for him.

Corrales was 5'10 1/2 but his reach was 70" thats crazy. You're right, no ones ever had Floyds reach. No wonder why that straight right is so effective...

I totally agree. But that fight isn't worth it. High risk, low reward. He gains nothing from facing Trout unless trout faces Canelo prior. I'd love to see it and see how Floyd adjusts but I dont think that fight will do much for his legacy. Floyd will have to neutralize Trouts reach and with his current style idk if he can do that. Floyd will have to wait for trout to counter him. He will have to go back to the style he used against Marquez. Trout reminded me of Ward a little against Cotto.

Bradley, Canelo, and Martinez are the fights he should take in that order. With Bradley he can unify 147, become Ring Champion, and claim I beat the guy that "beat" pacquiao. Bradley also has an impressive Resume on paper even though on TV they are boring. Hopefully they're no headbutts... Canelo would do great with Floyd in PPV and he could also unify 154 to become ring champ. The risk of losing to Canelo is lower than the risk of losing to Trout. And if Floyd moves up to 160 to fight Serg?! SMH win or lose... all hail Mayweather because he came from 130. It would also be interesting because Serg said he wants 3 more fights then he'll retire, Floyd said the same. So as long as they remain undefeated top level competitors, if these two could have their going away parties in the ring in 2014 that would be one for the books...

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 24 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #29

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 24 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Corrales was 5'10 1/2 but his reach was 70" thats crazy. You're right, no ones ever had Floyds reach. No wonder why that straight right is so effective...

I totally agree. But that fight isn't worth it. High risk, low reward. He gains nothing from facing Trout unless trout faces Canelo prior. I'd love to see it and see how Floyd adjusts but I dont think that fight will do much for his legacy. Floyd will have to neutralize Trouts reach and with his current style idk if he can do that. Floyd will have to wait for trout to counter him. He will have to go back to the style he used against Marquez. Trout reminded me of Ward a little against Cotto.

Bradley, Canelo, and Martinez are the fights he should take in that order. With Bradley he can unify 147, become Ring Champion, and claim I beat the guy that "beat" pacquiao. Bradley also has an impressive Resume on paper even though on TV they are boring. Hopefully they're no headbutts... Canelo would do great with Floyd in PPV and he could also unify 154 to become ring champ. The risk of losing to Canelo is lower than the risk of losing to Trout. And if Floyd moves up to 160 to fight Serg?! SMH win or lose... all hail Mayweather because he came from 130. It would also be interesting because Serg said he wants 3 more fights then he'll retire, Floyd said the same. So as long as they remain undefeated top level competitors, if these two could have their going away parties in the ring in 2014 that would be one for the books...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 25 2013, 01:51 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 24 2013, 03:59 PM) *

Sergio isnt undefeated... No way mayweather fights Canelo or Sergio. Both are too big and would neutralize his natural reach advantage. Fighting is a science. Mayweather does his math before each match up. Math of money and the math of height weight and reach, perhaps better than most give him credit for.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 11:21 AM