> Ok sooo...Danny Garcia
EpTXCHAMP
post Oct 21 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 09:18 PM) *
Judah would be a good fight Garcia, a winnable one at that. Judah would be wise to move back up to 147 and try to land the malignaggi fight. That's the only fight I see him winning against guys at the top from 140-147

I agree Paulie was exposed last night but I think GB is saving him for Hatton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 21 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Peterson got over rated as a ticket seller in dc. As many sites reported khan drew a big part of that crowd being Dc has a large Pakistan population. Plus max boxing said about 1,000 tickets were comps.

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 21 2012, 09:49 PM) *
There was no buzz here for the main event that's why they were giving out tickets like crazy the last few days. Garcia no name status ain't going to get him a mayweather fight yet.

I agree that there was not much buzz in the Garcia/Morales main event in BK. It hardly made sense, if you ask me. On the flipside, Khan may have been the bigger draw in DC for the Peterson fight, but shit, he hasn't been selling as many tickets as people thinks he does.

Word is, Khan/Garcia and Khan/Judah didn't sell as many tickets as the public has been led to believe. A lot of those tickets were comped as well, so who knows. I cant say that Garcia will sell THAT many tickets, but Khan doesn't sell like that either.

I guess the excitement of either Garcia or Khan facing Mayweather, will come to the public's attention, and people will turn their attention to who had the better resumes and performances.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Ha! Gotta love the response from BFF, cant deny it! You made some good points my man, I cant lie to you on that part. You're right, boxing is unpredictable and shit happens...hence the reason that we got a Khan/Garcia fight in the first place. Excellent point.

1. Yes Floyd is waiting for something to pop off, so he can step in and make something.
2. Al doesn't like to match his fighters, so that may be a bit of a stretch. I can imagine the negotiations would be smooth, but I dont see him matching them.
3. I like the undefeated part, and the Hatton comparison. Hatton did have a couple of WW fights, though they weren't the best opponents. Hatton had "money" written all over him.
4. Ellerbe may HAVE been there for that reason, or Quillin vs Smith. I didn't even think about a Quillin/Smith bout, good stuff.
5. I agree. Again, Hatton had a couple of fights at WW. Ortiz didn't have but one fight at WW, and he made the most of it. I can understand that part. I agree that he probably wont bring the star power, but I guess we have to see where we go.

I dont want to see the fight either, but hey we will see. I didn't mean to run everyone away with my post, I just have to make a point that us as boxing fans, cant have it both ways. We cant say that Broner and Russell Jr. are great when they have fought lesser opposition, and say that Garcia doesn't have what it takes to step in the ring with Floyd.

Bradley was the unified champ at 140, and got a chance with Manny, but Danny cant be the unified champ at 140 and get a shot at Floyd? Guys were saying that Bute was a bum, but they crowned Froch as great after he knocked him out. Cant have it both ways.

Your points are great, mine aren't all that bad, now that you've countered them (LOL)...I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Totally forget about Bradley. Great point, I can't wait to see how this plays out.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 11:31 PM) *
I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Me too! I'm guessing that after January, we should have some results.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 21 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Twitter is going crazy asking for Judah vs Garcia, but I don't Judah can handle the pressure, power, and body shots vs Garcia. I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia vs Peterson though. Peterson has resolve and determination unlike Judah.

Peterson is actually one of the guys I think Garcia has a small chance again. This guy is sort of like Garcia in the way that he's not flashy but you take into account that (I believe) he has the better corner and immensely resolve and determination he's a tough fight for anyone. I could see lamont doing what morales did to Danny in the first fight + a lot more and - the fading at the end. He's like the black marquez lol

I cant take Judah that serious because once he feels some power he goes into Judah mode (completely lost and in defensive mode)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 22 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 11:26 PM) *
I agree that there was not much buzz in the Garcia/Morales main event in BK. It hardly made sense, if you ask me. On the flipside, Khan may have been the bigger draw in DC for the Peterson fight, but shit, he hasn't been selling as many tickets as people thinks he does.

Word is, Khan/Garcia and Khan/Judah didn't sell as many tickets as the public has been led to believe. A lot of those tickets were comped as well, so who knows. I cant say that Garcia will sell THAT many tickets, but Khan doesn't sell like that either.

I guess the excitement of either Garcia or Khan facing Mayweather, will come to the public's attention, and people will turn their attention to who had the better resumes and performances.

i hear the 'he isn't selling tickets so...blah,blah,blah...' all the time. what ppl fail to realize is that selling tickets to venues isn't the only way to generate money. danny is putting together a pretty good highlight reel and chances are his ko will be a candidate for ko of the year. i've not seen him in a boring fight yet. that's good for ratings...and i'm sure his viewership is going to increase which equals more $$$.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 22 2012, 06:58 AM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 02:54 AM) *
i hear the 'he isn't selling tickets so...blah,blah,blah...' all the time. what ppl fail to realize is that selling tickets to venues isn't the only way to generate money.

I agree that it's not the only way to generate revenue, but if the guy isn't selling tickets like it's being sold to the public, then that's just that.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 22 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #38

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

It's nice to see that Angel Garcia is in favor of the USADA testing and is dead set on having all of his son's opponents undergo the testing. That's good to know. Danny Garcia seems like a good kid. When he talks I don't feel like he's an asshole or anything. His father was doing a lot of talking but that was to get inside the head of Amir Khan and force him to play right into Garcia's left hook. It worked so I can't say too much bad about him. This is war so whatever you can do to get a psychological advantage over your opponent, is fair according to the old saying.

I respect the fact that Garcia is the 140lbs. Champion of the World. The Ring Magazine Title is the title that says you are the best. Armed with that information, I know it will only be a matter of time before young Danny Garcia runs into a fighter who has the chin to stand up to the power, the will to stand up to a good body shot, the power/know-how to return fire, the heart to fight back if/when he gets hurt, and the where-with-all to follow up wisely. If he runs into a fighter who's totally dialed in and he's distracted even slightly, he could lose. Fighters like him who end fights with brutal knockouts can find themselves on the receiving end of a brutal knockout. It's how the game goes and karma lives within the sport of boxing. He can, and probably will be on top for a good long while. I think he has the tools to dismantle the world's best fighters on any given night. As long as he keeps his focus and fights to his strengths, he can be a force at 140. He's already the Champion of the World and the sky's the limit for Danny Swift. He needs to stay 100% dedicated because it doesn't get any easier if you want to hold on the lineal title.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 22 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 22 2012, 02:12 PM) *
It's nice to see that Angel Garcia is in favor of the USADA testing and is dead set on having all of his son's opponents undergo the testing. That's good to know. Danny Garcia seems like a good kid. When he talks I don't feel like he's an asshole or anything. His father was doing a lot of talking but that was to get inside the head of Amir Khan and force him to play right into Garcia's left hook. It worked so I can't say too much bad about him. This is war so whatever you can do to get a psychological advantage over your opponent, is fair according to the old saying.

I respect the fact that Garcia is the 140lbs. Champion of the World. The Ring Magazine Title is the title that says you are the best. Armed with that information, I know it will only be a matter of time before young Danny Garcia runs into a fighter who has the chin to stand up to the power, the will to stand up to a good body shot, the power/know-how to return fire, the heart to fight back if/when he gets hurt, and the where-with-all to follow up wisely. If he runs into a fighter who's totally dialed in and he's distracted even slightly, he could lose. Fighters like him who end fights with brutal knockouts can find themselves on the receiving end of a brutal knockout. It's how the game goes and karma lives within the sport of boxing. He can, and probably will be on top for a good long while. I think he has the tools to dismantle the world's best fighters on any given night. As long as he keeps his focus and fights to his strengths, he can be a force at 140. He's already the Champion of the World and the sky's the limit for Danny Swift. He needs to stay 100% dedicated because it doesn't get any easier if you want to hold on the lineal title.

well said.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Oct 22 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #40

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 09:26 PM) *

I agree khan cant sell in Vegas I also heard those fights did not do well at the gate.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:03 PM