> FightHype End of the Year Awards, let's here it
klonopinz
post Dec 24 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 23 2013, 08:47 PM) *
I do too, but a Rodriguez fight was hardly a comeback. If anything, it was an introduction to his stint with TR again...where he knocks down a few bums, then gets a bigger fight, in which he almost always loses.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I never looked at this way. Tim is such a tough dude, so I tend to not spend too much time harping on what he's been through, but you're right...dude went through a lot.

i think tims comeback had to do more outside than ring than inside it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 25 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #32

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 23 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Best fight of the year-Bradley vs Provdnikov

Best Overall Card-Mayweather vs Canelo/Broner vs Maidana

Comeback Fighter of the Year-Andre Ward

Round of the Year-Bradley vs Provodnikov, 2nd round, some other notable rounds in that fight too

Trainer of the Year-Joel Diaz or Angel Garcia, can't go wrong with either one

Fighter of the Year-Besides me and the multiple ass whoopings I've handed out to Professor and other idiots on here, I'd have to say Danny Garcia

Knockout of the year-Me ethering Professor/Wilder KO Liaovich

Best new Prospect-Would've said Thurman but he's a contender now not a prospect so I'm going to give it to Errol Spence Jr. I've been watching him since he was in the amateurs, i expect big things from him

Upset of the Year-Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Unbelievable moment of the Year-Maidana beating Broner

Story of the Year-Pacquiao's money woes with the BIR and the IRS

Worse fight of the Year-Smith vs Molina

Worse call of the Year-Tapia's corner letting him continue to fight

Worse decision of the Year-Canelo decision over Trout....Canelo should be 0-2 this year, no way he beat Austin. If that fight was anywhere but shitty ass Texas Austin would've won

Ref of the Year-Kenny Bayless

Best Promotional Co of the Year-Golden Boy

Unsung Fighter of the Year-Rigondeaux

Disappointment of the Year-Gary Russell Jr

Fight of the Year: Maidana-Broner

Best Card:The whole Broner-Maidana card. Four fights, a NON PPV on Showtime, and every fight good to great from top to bottom. This is what HBO should be doing.

Best Comback: Andre Ward

Round of the Year: Too many to mention! So many great fights!

Best Trainer: Angel Garcia

Fighter of the Year: Danny Garcia

KO of the Year: Wilder-Liaovich

Best Prospect: Keith Thurman

Upset of the Year: Ringodeoux-Donaire

Unbelievable Moment: Maidana beating Broner.

Best Promoter: Golden Boy

Worst Decision: Burns-Beltron

Worst Official Calls- Dishonorable Mentions for two of them. Judge CJ Ross' 114-114 card in Mayweather Canelo, and ref Howard Foster's "put a dress on a fighter so he doesn't get hurt" decision to stop what was an outstanding match between Froch and Groves. Howard Foster ref'd that fight little he was watching too little girls fighting on the playground.

Best Ref: Kenny Bayless

Story of the Year- The tiresome Mayweather-Pacquiao soap opera. I wish it would just die! They are never going to fight, so forget it!

Unsung Fighter of the Year: Keith Thurman. What a cool guy, good fighter, and class act!

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 27 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 25 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Fight of the Year: Maidana-Broner

Best Card:The whole Broner-Maidana card. Four fights, a NON PPV on Showtime, and every fight good to great from top to bottom. This is what HBO should be doing.

Best Comback: Andre Ward

Round of the Year: Too many to mention! So many great fights!

Best Trainer: Angel Garcia

Fighter of the Year: Danny Garcia

KO of the Year: Wilder-Liaovich

Best Prospect: Keith Thurman

Upset of the Year: Ringodeoux-Donaire

Unbelievable Moment: Maidana beating Broner.

Best Promoter: Golden Boy

Worst Decision: Burns-Beltron

Worst Official Calls- Dishonorable Mentions for two of them. Judge CJ Ross' 114-114 card in Mayweather Canelo, and ref Howard Foster's "put a dress on a fighter so he doesn't get hurt" decision to stop what was an outstanding match between Froch and Groves. Howard Foster ref'd that fight little he was watching too little girls fighting on the playground.

Best Ref: Kenny Bayless

Story of the Year- The tiresome Mayweather-Pacquiao soap opera. I wish it would just die! They are never going to fight, so forget it!

Unsung Fighter of the Year: Keith Thurman. What a cool guy, good fighter, and class act!

Jack

I think 2014 will be a breakout year for him. He's literally putting the sport on notice that he's here and he ain't going nowhere. Haymon and GB need to put that man in with a big name and get him a belt. He's ready

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 29 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #34

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Best fight of the year- Ruslan Provodnikov vs Tim Bradley

Best Overall Card- Mayweather vs Canelo

Round of the Year- Round 8 Maidana vs Broner

Trainer of the Year- Angel Garcia or Floyd Mayweather Sr

Fighter of the Year- Floyd Mayweather Jr

Knockout of the year-Matthysse's destruction of Mike Dallas Jr

Best new Prospect- Errol Spence Jr

Upset of the Year- Jhonny Gonzalez over Abner Mares? I'd say Maidana vs Broner but Maidana is capable of hurting anyone badly.

Unbelievable moment of the Year- Referee Jack Reiss' 15 minutes of fame during Ward/Rodriguez lol

Story of the Year- The difference of quality between GB cards and Top Rank's

Worse call of the Year- Lampley and Kellerman during Ward's fight. Didn't need to be reminded every round that fans criticize Ward for being boring. Meanwhile he was being exciting.

Worse decision of the Year- CJ Ross' draw. Nuff said

Ref of the Year- Robert Byrd

Best Promotional Co of the Year-Golden Boy not even close IMO

Unsung Fighter of the Year- I wanna say Rigondeaux but I'm going to step out of the box and say Paulie Malinaggi. He single-handedly (literally) keeps himself in world class fights with just a jab and ring IQ. I think he's underappreciated. He also has the balls to say the things other fighters want to say about the crookedness of the sport.

Disappointment of the Year- Adrien Broner or Zab vs Paulie (but what else is new)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 30 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 17 2013, 11:13 AM) *
Wait what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) what you talking about

I just like getting a rise out of him sometimes, he's my boy. The only time I really went at his head was that Guerrero mess. He done backed off this forum slowly ever since May (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Cshel talking about the guy who thought we were all racist and conspiring with the man to take down Devon Alexander

Lol. Me not posting here lately has everything to do with my gig blocking the site. Not sure why it was blocked...but I get a message about potential viruses or some shit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 30 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 23 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Best fight of the year-Bradley vs Provdnikov

Best Overall Card-Mayweather vs Canelo/Broner vs Maidana

Round of the Year-Bradley vs Provodnikov, 2nd round, some other notable rounds in that fight too

Trainer of the Year-Joel Diaz or Angel Garcia, can't go wrong with either one

Fighter of the Year-Besides me and the multiple ass whoopings I've handed out to Professor and other idiots on here, I'd have to say Danny Garcia

Knockout of the year-Me ethering Professor/Wilder KO Liaovich

Best new Prospect-Would've said Thurman but he's a contender now not a prospect so I'm going to give it to Errol Spence Jr. I've been watching him since he was in the amateurs, i expect big things from him

Upset of the Year-Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Unbelievable moment of the Year-Maidana beating Broner

Story of the Year-Pacquiao's money woes with the BIR and the IRS

Worse call of the Year-Tapia's corner letting him continue to fight

Worse decision of the Year-Canelo decision over Trout....Canelo should be 0-2 this year, no way he beat Austin. If that fight was anywhere but shitty ass Texas Austin would've won

Ref of the Year-Kenny Bayless

Best Promotional Co of the Year-Golden Boy

Unsung Fighter of the Year-Rigondeaux

Disappointment of the Year-Gary Russell Jr

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that must've been one helluva knockout because I don't remember it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 30 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #37

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 30 2013, 05:44 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that must've been one helluva knockout because I don't remember it.

That's usually how it happens, and you sound like my cousin..he literally said the same thing to me when we were a bit younger, I hit him with a left hook, just one and he swore up and down I didn't hit him. My aunt took him to the emergency room and he had a concussion. Me and our mutual friends was trying to tell him I just snuffed him real quick but it was funny because he only remembered what he did lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:34 AM