Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love or Hate Floyd Mayweather? Reasons Why, 1 Topic Merged Here
KENSOFINE
post Dec 17 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #141

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

Article is bullshit, as it doesnt address with clarity the reason people hate Floyd. Most admire his phenomenal skillset, however, to only display it against the easiest of competitors more often than not is an act of cowardess, which gets highlighted everytime he fights a JMM instead of Shane, Berto, Williams, Margarito, etc while claiming he is the greatest ever. He cant complain about the criticism, if he wont address it directly...in the ring against suitable competiton to remove any doubt.

Also, Floyd has may detractors because he judges boxers on criteria he would never live up to himself. He will say that Shane is not in his league, since he has several losses, but neglects to mention that Shane received those losses taking on challenges he would never have the heart to. (Winky Wright in his prime, Vernon Forrest, Cotto in his prime, etc). He will mention his belts, but turn around and say "a belt doesnt define me" when asked about deliberately not cleaning out his division.

The very nature of this article is biased in concept, and not even cleverly disguised with a balance of facts, both for and against the writers own personal view.

Syllogistic fallacy much?

This post has been edited by KENSOFINE: Dec 17 2009, 03:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Dec 17 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #142

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

Good points all around.

My opinions is that a lot of people dislike for for different reasons or sometimes for 2 or more of them. For one thing, some people dislike him because he keeps winning and it doesn't matter who you are, if you keep winning all the time people start to dislike you. it has to do with the reason why we watch sports, that we want to see competitiveness and when it doesn't happen some people start to get frustrated.

2-His attitude. He's whiny, cocky and that rubs people the wrong way.

3-his decisions inside the ring combined with his position as perhaps the best boxer in the world. He has not taken on the best since 2004. Notice that back in 2002, 2003, 2004 no one really cared about who he fought because wasn't the best boxer in the world. People were paying attention to other guys like DLH, Hopkins, Jones, Lewis, Trinidad. It's only once those guys started to decline and o retired that he was able to capitalize on their departure and become a big name in boxing. That fame also makes some people dislike him.

One thing that I never understood is why he never became a bigger star before. Like I mentioned before, he wasn't a big name until 2006-07. Why? Shouldn't he have been more famous after beating Hernandez and Mandfredy in spectacular fashion after only a 2 years as a pro? He was fast, and people like flash. Was it simply because there were other big names blocking him off fame? Or was it the fact that when you look at it really closely, his fights aren't entertaining?

He has finally become famous now, a goal that he has been working on for a long time. I think the guy wanted to be loved like Gatti was and like Hatton is in England. He realized that wasn't going to happen after he saw celebrities walking out of the arena during his fight with Baldmoir. He has money and tremendous skills and should be ontent with that.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Dec 17 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #143

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

I think some hate him because ge is an ass who proclaims himself the best of all time yet is more concerened with $$ and keeping a zero than testing himself

This post has been edited by jlupi: Dec 17 2009, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 17 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #144

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Look I just want to see him permanantly disabled. It is not like I want to see him dead I just want to see him suffer.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Dec 17 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #145

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 17 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Look I just want to see him permanantly disabled. It is not like I want to see him dead I just want to see him suffer.

Ya, death would be too easy for this arse. He needs to be disabled in a way that requires a colostomy bag.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Dec 18 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #146

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 17 2009, 05:08 PM) *
One thing that I never understood is why he never became a bigger star before. Like I mentioned before, he wasn't a big name until 2006-07. Why? Shouldn't he have been more famous after beating Hernandez and Mandfredy in spectacular fashion after only a 2 years as a pro? He was fast, and people like flash. Was it simply because there were other big names blocking him off fame? Or was it the fact that when you look at it really closely, his fights aren't entertaining?

He has finally become famous now, a goal that he has been working on for a long time. I think the guy wanted to be loved like Gatti was and like Hatton is in England. He realized that wasn't going to happen after he saw celebrities walking out of the arena during his fight with Baldmoir. He has money and tremendous skills and should be ontent with that.

Wow what a break down! I couldn't agree with you more! Its just not some people's destiny so they take what they can get.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:42 AM