> Cotto...Too Nice?
Cshel86
post Oct 1 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 1 2012, 07:05 PM) *
How I feel about Cotto is how I feel about Floyd. I feel both could be selfish and fight whoever they want. Theyve built up solid resumes, have had tough RECENT fights, and have bigtime PPV clout.

I still dont get why a guy who resurrected his career will take on a risk like a fight with Trout, which I dont think will put that many butts in seats. Its like Eminem battle rapping against some youtube legend.

Agreed. I like the Trout fight, but I hope Cotto is doing this to motivate himself (as mentioned earlier), rather than please the fans. I'm a fan of the sport, but some fans, I will tell to fuck off, because at this stage, Miguel should be racking up big money.

Fuck what these fans want, hell, most of us barely get what we want out of the sport anyhow...and us hardcore fans have learned to ask for what makes sense. We have also learned to appreciate what's given to us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Marcus @ Oct 1 2012, 07:35 PM) *
If GBP isn't willing to risk a tough challenger against Canelo then they need to go fuck themselves.

There you go, I fixed it for you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No seriously, great points man!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 1 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i guess what this all adds up to....with floyd out the picture...cotto is the man at 154. fuck what u heard. canelo ain't done shit. cotto doesn't need him...canelo has to prove himself if he wants to get paid against cotto.

that sum it up? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 1 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2012, 08:44 PM) *
i guess what this all adds up to....with floyd out the picture...cotto is the man at 154. fuck what u heard. canelo ain't done shit. cotto doesn't need him...canelo has to prove himself if he wants to get paid against cotto.

Pretty much yea. I'd love to see Cotto vs. the winner of the Berto/Brundrage fight though. Hopefully Cotto-Berto. Thats a fight.. Cotto would win easy. But it would definitely be entertaining. I could also see Canelo-Berto coming into fruition

This post has been edited by Marcus: Oct 1 2012, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 1 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Oct 1 2012, 07:47 PM) *
Pretty much yea. I'd love to see Cotto vs. the winner of the Berto/Brundrage fight though. Hopefully Cotto-Berto. Thats a fight.. Cotto would win easy. But it would definitely be entertaining

i think both fights would be interesting. i don't think berto is getting past bundrage though. i have a feeling.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 1 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2012, 08:44 PM) *

You're good at summing shit up...or at least helping me filter my rant-like posts into something comprehensive for the masses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2012, 08:48 PM) *
i don't think berto is getting past bundrage though. i have a feeling.

Aw shit guys....time to change your predictions....

I've learned the hard way with Professor! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Believe that!

Why didn't it register to me, that Berto was going up to 54 for this fight? Maybe I'm depending on his one big shot, just as much as he is. Lol. Let's see how this goes...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 1 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 1 2012, 09:07 PM) *
You're good at summing shit up...or at least helping me filter my rant-like posts into something comprehensive for the masses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I've learned the hard way with Professor! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Believe that!

Why didn't it register to me, that Berto was going up to 54 for this fight? Maybe I'm depending on his one big shot, just as much as he is. Lol. Let's see how this goes...

Who knows, berto started off at middleweight in the amateurs maybe his stamina issues will go away at 54? He is a pretty muscular guy. But his next fight is no walk in the park.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 1 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Who knows, berto started off at middleweight in the amateurs maybe his stamina issues will go away at 54? He is a pretty muscular guy. But his next fight is no walk in the park.

Oh crap, I thought he was fighting in the 150's...had no idea he fighting at 160. I knew he wasn't a small guy (as we all see), but 160?! I need to do some research before I post. I know Bradley was fighting at 152, so this may be true.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 2 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 1 2012, 09:07 PM) *

i don't always get them right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i had a feeling chavez would stop martinez....damn did he come close!

berto used to fight at the weight in the amateurs. so did tim bradley. he should handle the weight well...it's his defense that concerns me. he's looked more and more like shit. he has the ability to be slick...i'm just not sure he has the right ppl to teach him how to.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 2 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 1 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Oh crap, I thought he was fighting in the 150's...had no idea he fighting at 160. I knew he wasn't a small guy (as we all see), but 160?! I need to do some research before I post. I know Bradley was fighting at 152, so this may be true.

they both fought at 152

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 2 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 01:56 PM) *
they both fought at 152

Yea they did, my bad they were both light middleweights. Idk hopefully for bertos sake the weight is the problem with his stamina and chin or else I don't see it holding up against bigger guys

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:53 PM