IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Berto vs. Guerrero-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Hatton Comeback
Cheesey1
post Nov 24 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:44 PM) *
How many muthafuckkin' times were they gonna let Guerrero hit Berto after the bell??? WTF??? That's some bullshit as California nonsense.

Definitely. IMO, worth an investigation. Apart from those issues, a solid boxing match.

Hopefully they rematch. Congrats to Guerrero.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 24 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #62

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

The amount of late shots Guerro took was sickening. Completely sickening.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Definitely. IMO, worth an investigation. Apart from those issues, a solid boxing match.

Guerrero fucked up and got himself in a rematch-type situation...not gonna get him any closer to Floyd, sorry.

Thank you Berto...stand up for your shit, its not making excuses....just put that shit out there.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 24 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

The official was terrible. Guerro was fighting extremely dirty. Terrible.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 24 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #65

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 24 2012, 11:53 PM) *
The official was terrible. Guerro was fighting extremely dirty. Terrible.

Thank you. The ref was shit, and Stevie Wonder knew it. All of those cuffing punches were uncalled for.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 24 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #66

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:47 PM) *

They need to start taking points for mauling and holding, that shit shit was awful. I think I smell a rematch brewing.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 24 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Guerrero fucked up and got himself in a rematch-type situation...not gonna get him any closer to Floyd, sorry.

Thank you Berto...stand up for your shit, its not making excuses....just put that shit out there.

Even though Guerrero proved me wrong this time around, I'd pick Berto in the rematch. He needs to have more faith in the jab (and ask for a different ref.) next time and tune up a few other things, but I like his chances.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 25 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:57 PM) *
Even though Guerrero proved me wrong this time around, I'd pick Berto in the rematch. He needs to have more faith in the jab (and ask for a different ref.) next time and tune up a few other things, but I like his chances.

I agree. I hate when decent matches like this are made, and some couch-potato ref is officiating the fight. I mean how much of a piece-of-shit motherfucker ref can you be, to let things go down like that in a fight? California does it again...

+Quote Post
VJones
post Nov 25 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #69

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Every time I see, hear, or read about Robert Guerrero, I dislike him more and more. That smothering, holding and hitting nonsense was nearly unbearable. And that ref...just ridiculous. Meanwhile, Berto redeemed himself for me by showing tremendous grit. There's still so much I think he could have been and might still be in his boxing career...and he's been disappointing...but for tonight, I'm proud of him and impressed by his will.

A rematch is all "The Ghost" is getting out of that performance....I found it interesting that Max asked him about a rematch and his response is Floyd. Smh. "Money" on the brain. Literally.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 25 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

GREAT FIGHT... The ref was a real dumbass. The end of the 12th round was really bad. DId Guerrero just not hear the bell. Why didnt the interviewers mention that. That was blatant and could have garnered a point deduction, if you ask me. The ref should have been right there as well.

As for the dirty tactics, they came from both sides. Nobody seems to mention the fact that Berto held Guerrero's arms at strategic moments inside, It went both ways. Berto should know better, its a fight dude. Berto is a horrible inside fighter, He only knows how to fight one way, no diversity in his game. If you take him out of his one trick, like Guerrero did, then you will see this result often when Berto fights.

As for the Ghost... Great victory. Ugly fight, but you did what you had to do to get the win. Should have stopped him so there's be no question and you can move on. The Ghost can still move on. I would have loved to see him in with Marquez. However Bradley is without an opponent, why not??? I think he beats Bradley...

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Nov 25 2012, 12:07 AM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:23 AM