> Should Larry Merchant Be FIRED?
STEVENSKI
post Jul 14 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #61

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 15 2011, 10:31 AM) *
actually real boxing is what mayweather does... the definition of boxing is the art of hitting without getting hit.. its not quite as fun to watch in todays times but there are a few select people such as myself that still appreciate a good effective boxer...

A true fans of the sport can appreciate a highly skilled defensive minded fighter. Johnny comelatelys don't & I have no time for them.

Personally I prefer a boxer/puncher as their style is far more pleasing to my eyes but a true fan appreciates all styles from crude brawlers with fists like hammers to the Paul Malignaggis with pillows for fists & everyone in between.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 15 2011, 10:31 AM) *
floyd is about as effective as they come... pac lacks the skill set to compete with mayweather.... that fight would pretty quickly become a one sided boring fight in the favor of mayweather...

You seem to be giving Floyd the win before the fight has even happened? Pac has more skill than most recognise & I think he will give Floyd all the fight he can handle. Do I think Floyd will win? Yes I do but neither guys has faced anyone with the skills & styles that both guys possess. That is what makes it such a intriguing fight for pure boxing fans.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jul 15 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #62

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

floyd is about as effective as they come... pac lacks the skill set to compete with mayweather.... that fight would pretty quickly become a one sided boring fight in the favor of mayweather...>>>>

all hail mayweather. why should he even bother fighting the fights. we know he will win.

Seriously, we all know he is good but he has picked and chosen for many years notfighting the best (regardless of reason) so that leaves some questioning as to how good he is. Pac would answer some questions but in reality that fight if it happens will be 3 yrs past due w both past their peak.

My one question about MW is against a prime pressure fighter because Castillo gave him hell and castillo was no JCC.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jul 15 2011, 03:20 PM
Post #63

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jul 7 2011, 04:08 PM) *
HBO commentary for boxing would be great if Larry "The biggest hater" Merchant wasn't apart of that team. He is so negative and half of the time he does not know what he is talking about. Unless the fight is a bloody massacre he isn't happy. I am not going to even touch his pure biased against Floyd. I wondered if HBO should replace him with someone else... I loved it when Foreman told him to shut up!! He should stop commentating In my opinion. Any thoughts?

Yea...i think his age is startin' to show. Not only is he slower...but his attitude is negative. He remembers his hay-day as the golden era. All of the HBO announcers show themselves to be dinguses every once in awhile.

Anyone ever think that all of the commentators have pre-written statements...? seems to me at times they're announcing the fight as it was expected to unfold rather than the actual fight as it happens.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jul 15 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #64

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jul 15 2011, 04:20 PM) *
Anyone ever think that all of the commentators have pre-written statements...? seems to me at times they're announcing the fight as it was expected to unfold rather than the actual fight as it happens.

no

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 12 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

no one likes a nagging woman....and a grumpy old man is a close second. larry is a grumpy old man who rarely has anything good to say about anyone/anything. i can do with out his negative opinion/commentary. it's time for him to retire. he should take jim lampley with him because either that guy needs a new pair of glasses or he needs to find a better way of hiding his man-crushes. i've never seen a guy be more wrong then him ever calling blow by blows. it seems he picks his favorite before the fight happens and just calls it the way he sees fit. i think hbo should give the fans the option of eliminating commentary and just listen to the live action from ringside mics.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:16 AM