> Mayweather /Guerrero face to face
mrchitown
post Mar 8 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 08:18 PM) *
yeah...broner aka mayweather jr jr coming along for the ride to talk shit is weak.

the weigh-in is always telling. the eyes don't lie.

truth.

Broner should've stayed out of it, the situation has nothing to do with him

That weigh-in will be explosive
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 8 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Haha I think Haye just pissed klitchko off to the point of silence lol. I remember Haye talking major shit! Haha, he's pretty great at it.

Which guy was it that spit water on Klit?? Was it Chisora? It was disgusting, but hilarious. Chisora built that fight.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Mar 8 2013, 04:37 AM
Post #43

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

In all honesty, I think Robert is a lil shook, not a whole lot though. He will be alright. I think in all actuality, he just can't shit talk on command lol. He comes off as a guy who has to think of shit to say or has someone who helps him talk that shit. If you remember the broner/guerrero shit talk video, G didn't look scared of Broner, he just couldn't muster the words to say something that stung lol. He is the rapper that prewrites his battle raps lol.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 8 2013, 07:32 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 07:19 PM) *

classic!

90s hip hop is the best! My favorite Mobb Deep song was Quiet Storm, Lil Kim killed her verse. Robert was a shaking leaf and to be honest he disappointed me, all that shit he was talking and silence!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 08:05 PM) *
It's hard to call this one. I'd much rather him talk just enough shit to land the fight, be relatively quiet during the build-up, then give me my money's worth on fight night. I'm sure we all fell for that David Haye mindfuck back in 2011, which left a sour taste in my mouth.

In a sense, I feel that some of us are making too much of that 2 minute video clip, but shit I cant knock anyone's interpretation of what they saw. It seems that everyone is correct in their views, but hell, we'll always see something different, the more we watch it.

Contrary to what I said about preferring for him to be relatively quiet during the build-up, I WOULD like for him to sell the fight a bit. Since we've heard NOTHING about this fight (other than the announcement), I think guys have gotten a little too excited about the video, since its the first peep we've heard.

Still, I think Robert got mindfucked a bit. Im sure he was just prepared for a photo shoot and some short video footage, not a guy yapping in his face the whole time. More than likely, that's why he just couldn't get his shit together.

It's just like going to chick's house and expecting to get some, just for you to find out that she's on her period when you get there. She did all the right things to let you know "it's about to go down"...she called you after 10PM, told you that she was about to get in the shower, and to "come over"...then ends it with, "I just want to chill tonight and watch a movie". In your mind, "chill and watch a movie" means "smash time", but it's REALLY just a "chill and watch a movie" night.

PS: Didn't Broner get butt-owned when Robert got in his face a few months ago? Why is he riding along with Mayweather and talking shit to Robert now? Man I tell ya, that dude is nothing short of a tool. It's like getting your big brother fight a guy, because you're not sure that you're gonna win. What a chump.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cray.gif) that is the worse. You talk like a man scorned. And you know what sucks, they usually know the deal way ahead of time. I had that happen and I was pissed!

Here is the thing bro, if Mayweather was the quiet one and Robert was the one wolfing this thread would be talking about how sacred Floyd is and blah blah blah. I do no care what anyone says Robert was not the twitter gangsta he came across to be. What happen to humbling him? He can talk big shit to Broner and May on social networks but when it is time to pull that same bravado this dude caves and all he can say is "when I get mad I swing?" Serious? Broner needs to shut up and take notes. This kid is starting to annoy me. I am sure that was a calculated move by Mayweather to bring his lap dog with him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 8 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 8 2013, 02:31 AM) *
Which guy was it that spit water on Klit?? Was it Chisora? It was disgusting, but hilarious. Chisora built that fight.

Yeah it was, I love it bro! I used to think most European fighters were arrogant and soft but lately they have been coming out with some dogs! It's awesome. Haye and chisora can build up any fight, then you got guys like Froch who can go balls to the wall and talk shit, and kessler who is just all out heart for twelve. I would love to see chisora fight arreola!

This post has been edited by checkleft: Mar 8 2013, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 8 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #46

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 6 2013, 11:14 PM) *
I cant believe people really thought Floyd was ducking this chump. Floyd looks about 150 already. Guerreros gonna have to cut 15 lbs at least.

Yeah. The most telling thing to me in the video is who is in better shape at this point. Floyd looks like he could make weight in 7-10 days. RG is looking kinda soft.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 8 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 07:32 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cray.gif) that is the worse. You talk like a man scorned. And you know what sucks, they usually know the deal way ahead of time. I had that happen and I was pissed!

Here is the thing bro, if Mayweather was the quiet one and Robert was the one wolfing this thread would be talking about how sacred Floyd is and blah blah blah. I do no care what anyone says Robert was not the twitter gangsta he came across to be. What happen to humbling him? He can talk big shit to Broner and May on social networks but when it is time to pull that same bravado this dude caves and all he can say is "when I get mad I swing?" Serious? Broner needs to shut up and take notes. This kid is starting to annoy me. I am sure that was a calculated move by Mayweather to bring his lap dog with him.

Yep, posts like this, do nothing more than confirm the fact that some of you guys are putting waaaay too much mustard on this video. I'm not so sure Guerrero was all that shook, if anything, he was surprised, mindfucked, and annoyed.

Regardless of people saying that he's a "Twitter gangsta" and blah blah blah, in all actuality, Robert's a fighter, unlike most guys who spew the unthinkable on the internet. Sheesh, I HATE Robert Guerrero, but some of you guys are on Floyd's jock, harder than Broner, and its actually making me like Guerrero in this fight.

Chill out, it was a two minute video of Floyd taking full advantage of his gift of gab. Really though, is all of this trash talk really gonna matter on fight night? Truthfully, Guerrero doesn't HAVE TO talk, but he DOES have to throw punches on May 4th, and my only hope is that Robert doesn't pull a David Haye. If so, then I'll be back on the hate wagon harder than ever. Until then, some of you guys have temporarily made me a Robert Guerrero fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 8 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 8 2013, 08:59 AM) *
Yeah. The most telling thing to me in the video is who is in better shape at this point. Floyd looks like he could make weight in 7-10 days. RG is looking kinda soft.

To me that isn't a bad thing for guerrero. He was never gonna match Floyd in speed so his best bet is to be bigger and try to bully him.

On another note, I know I come off hard on guerrero having watched his most meaningful fights (bout four or five) and labeling him dirty and such so I went back and tried rewatching the berto fight to see if I could take the bad taste of him out of my mind (notice how I said tried).

I seriously had to stop halfway through the 2nd smh. Both kds came off of him holding the back of bertos head and clubbing with the other hand! And the sad part is he had berto stunned and he didn't need to do that shit. It might sound stupid and nit picky but I notice a lot of little things when people are in the ring. And berto was never gonna get away from that left so idk why Robert had to resort to that man. Really chapped my ass

This post has been edited by checkleft: Mar 8 2013, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Mar 8 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #49

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 8 2013, 10:25 AM) *
To me that isn't a bad thing for guerrero. He was never gonna match Floyd in speed so his best bet is to be bigger and try to bully him.

On another note, I know I come off hard on guerrero having watched his most meaningful fights (bout four or five) and labeling him dirty and such so I went back and tried rewatching the berto fight to see if I could take the bad taste of him out of my mind (notice how I said tried).

I seriously had to stop halfway through the 2nd smh. Both kds came off of him holding the back of bertos head and clubbing with the other hand! And the sad part is he had berto stunned and he didn't need to do that shit. It might sound stupid and nit picky but I notice a lot of little things when people are in the ring. And berto was never gonna get away from that left so idk why Robert had to resort to that man. Really chapped my ass

Hes not gonna get away with that nonsense in this fight. Between Floyds dad and the ref (not sure which one yet), add that with the fact he's gonna be frustrated (as ortiz did).. i see points deducted and a lopsided decision.. I know he's gonna try to bully him but he's gonna be eating leather all night.

If he can apply smart pressure he has a shot,.. I just cant see the adjustment. If he boxes he gets outclassed..If he bangs he gets beat up...He needs to find a happy meeting place somewhere in there (much like Cotto)...except he can use his size to his advantage...

Heres why ultimately he will not win... Floyed makes himself the boss in there. He always dictates the pace of the fight. Then turns up the heat as the fight draws on...Robert needs to be in shape and ready like he's never been

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Mar 8 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #50

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 8 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Yep, posts like this, do nothing more than confirm the fact that some of you guys are putting waaaay too much mustard on this video. I'm not so sure Guerrero was all that shook, if anything, he was surprised, mindfucked, and annoyed.

Regardless of people saying that he's a "Twitter gangsta" and blah blah blah, in all actuality, Robert's a fighter, unlike most guys who spew the unthinkable on the internet. Sheesh, I HATE Robert Guerrero, but some of you guys are on Floyd's jock, harder than Broner, and its actually making me like Guerrero in this fight.

Chill out, it was a two minute video of Floyd taking full advantage of his gift of gab. Really though, is all of this trash talk really gonna matter on fight night? Truthfully, Guerrero doesn't HAVE TO talk, but he DOES have to throw punches on May 4th, and my only hope is that Robert doesn't pull a David Haye. If so, then I'll be back on the hate wagon harder than ever. Until then, some of you guys have temporarily made me a Robert Guerrero fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Actually i agree,.. some folks are puttn waayyyy too much stock into this video..

Do people really expect Robert to out trash talk Floyed??

All I saw basically was frustration.. maybe a shred of intimidation..I know when I get pissed I get tongue tied a bit...

Floyeds marketability at its best...

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Mar 8 2013, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:20 PM