IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30P (ET), 9:30P(CT), 7:30P (PT): Dawson vs. Pascal (SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later), No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
Aware
post Aug 14 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 12:34 AM) *
P4P Talent my fucking ass. P4P Talent doesn't beat itself. Jean Pascal's style is shit too. Chad should have NEVER lost to that...but he should have because I was never all that high on him anyway. Glen Johnson beat that ass in the first go round. People were WAY too fast to anointing "Bad" Chad as the man at Lt Hvy.

As an aside, Caneman, that Upper that stopped Pascal in his tracks in the 11th was spitting image of the one Hopkins landed on Lipsey. Chad shoulda pounced and it would have been a mirror image KO.

Chad aint all that.

If you don't think Dawson is a p4p talent, you must be blind as far as boxing goes. If they rematch lets bet!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #22

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Right, but both were stopped in their tracks. Hads Chad jumped on him like Hopkins did Lipsey, it would have been game over. I agree Lipsey was hurt more, but both were stopped in their tracks and almost paralyzed for a second. That seemed like the moment for Chad.

I would have been pissed too, because he didnt deserve to win that fight.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 12:42 AM) *
If you don't think Dawson is a p4p talent, you must be blind as far as boxing goes. If they rematch lets bet!

I must be. P4P Talent doesnt lose to a garbage style like Pascal's bull charging bullshit.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 14 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #24

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 12:43 AM) *
Right, but both were stopped in their tracks. Hads Chad jumped on him like Hopkins did Lipsey, it would have been game over. I agree Lipsey was hurt more, but both were stopped in their tracks and almost paralyzed for a second. That seemed like the moment for Chad.

I would have been pissed too, because he didnt deserve to win that fight.

That was the moment...actually, the moment may have been earlier that round, but I think he was more tired than it may have looked.

The real core of it is that Hopkins had that desire to inflict damage and get the guy out of there. Dawson is happy to reassess and see what is going on before doing anything.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #25

I wonder what Floyd Sr has to say. Hopefully Percy can get one w him. Floyd called him out a while ago.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Aug 14 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 12:44 AM) *
I must be. P4P Talent doesnt lose to a garbage style like Pascal's bull charging bullshit.

Lots of p4p fighters have lost to lesser talent. For example, Lewis-Rahman I and Hopkins-Taylor both times. It happens any boxing fan knows this.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 14 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #27

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

He was exposed as a fighter that is unwilling to work when he needs to! I get it though bro, you like him....it doesn't change the fact he got out worked & didn't want to work hard like elite fighters do! By round 8 or 9, he needed a KO to win! All cause he didn't work HARD when needed, so is that not exposed on some level meng???

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 14 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #28

Then he came in and tried to convince Larry (and everyone else) that Pascal was "headbutting all night". I only saw ONE butt - the one resulting in the cut, and it was a mutual accident.

Which is is, "Bad"? Was the guy fighting a great technical fight? Or was he headbutting all night? You cant do both.

...and Aware, I dont consider Lennox Lewis P4P talent. He got KTFO by Rahman and Ollie McCall, sure, but I never considered Lennox P4P. As far as Hopkins/Taylor, they were disputed decisions, whatever. Nobody was disputing the scoring here, except for that 108-101 card.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Aug 15 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 12:55 AM) *
Then he came in and tried to convince Larry (and everyone else) that Pascal was "headbutting all night". I only saw ONE butt - the one resulting in the cut, and it was a mutual accident.

Which is is, "Bad"? Was the guy fighting a great technical fight? Or was he headbutting all night? You cant do both.

...and Aware, I dont consider Lennox Lewis P4P talent. He got KTFO by Rahman and Ollie McCall, sure, but I never considered Lennox P4P. As far as Hopkins/Taylor, they were disputed decisions, whatever. Nobody was disputing the scoring here, except for that 108-101 card.

Do you consider Paul Williams p4p talent (The Ring does)? He had an off night against Quintana, this situation is analogous to that. It happens there is no denying this, you cannot win this argument.

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Aug 15 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #30

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

Some fighters needs they ass handed to them so they can realize their full potential. So I wont call Chad exposed yet until i see him in his next fight. This was either a wake up call to knock some damn sense in his head.. or this was truly him getting exposed by a fighter that wasnt all that great. We'll see.. but aside from that i personally was never all that high on Chad so i wasnt surprised by shit i seen tonite. He have the talent for sure.. but he aint got the heart.. and you cant train for that!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:03 AM