Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has chuck run out of ice
AussieLad
post Jun 12 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Honestly thought Chuck was done last time out. But he actually looked in shape at the weigh in. His little belly was gone, and he had a 6 pack. But he also had that wiry look all old dudes get when they come into a fight in shape. He looks in shape, but at the same time not quite right, like a half starved dog

Franklin can win this if he stays smart, and moves, throwing thigh kicks. Chuck has largely abandoned his kicking game, and in doing so has made himself a little too one dimensional, a bit ramapge-ish. Still, franklin has never really had the striking power to put chuck away (at least not with his fists).

Hope chuck has a resurgent return and puts franklin away. But may be wishfull thinking
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 12 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 12 2010, 02:39 AM) *
Honestly thought Chuck was done last time out. But he actually looked in shape at the weigh in. His little belly was gone, and he had a 6 pack. But he also had that wiry look all old dudes get when they come into a fight in shape. He looks in shape, but at the same time not quite right, like a half starved dog

Franklin can win this if he stays smart, and moves, throwing thigh kicks. Chuck has largely abandoned his kicking game, and in doing so has made himself a little too one dimensional, a bit ramapge-ish. Still, franklin has never really had the striking power to put chuck away (at least not with his fists).

Hope chuck has a resurgent return and puts franklin away. But may be wishfull thinking

I think Franklin pulls it out, unless Chuck utilizes his wrestling. I don't expect he will though. I expect him to stand up with Franklin, and then eventually get KO'd. Not much credit for Franklin though, Chuck just doesn't have the chin anymore.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Jun 12 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #3

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

Yeah, sadly Chuck being in or out of shape hasn't been the problem. He was knocking people cold with his gut. I think the affect that Rampage and Rashad's KO had over him was a career dumper. With that being said, I can't say Rich is the guy to finish him for good. Decent punching power, but shit, Rich's chin may be just as suspect.

I'm going to pick the Iceman in this fight. I've seen guys bounce back from knockout losses; Franklin did it when Machida knocked him out years ago. Unfortunately most guys don't bounce back from having their soul ripped from their bodies twice... Lol. Silva, took something from Rich he may never get back. I don't even think Vitor's shots were that hard and they took him out.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jun 15 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

The Iceman melted a long time ago.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 20 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Chuck is an excellant coach though, he would be a top trainer imo

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 20 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 20 2010, 06:56 AM) *
Chuck is an excellant coach though, he would be a top trainer imo

Naa. He sucks as a coach. I actually thought Tito was a pretty decent coach. (I hate Tito.)

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 21 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

I guess it just matters whos style you prefer. titos team didnt have alot of success v/s chucks did it? Tito overtrained his fighters. In camp that is ok, but leading up to the fight you have to take your foot off of the gas

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 21 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 21 2010, 08:22 AM) *
I guess it just matters whos style you prefer. titos team didnt have alot of success v/s chucks did it? Tito overtrained his fighters. In camp that is ok, but leading up to the fight you have to take your foot off of the gas

Sorry, I haven't watched TUF religiously since TUF 1. I just base my opinion on Chuck's style from season 1, and Tito's from season 2.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:27 PM