Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who should feel like the bigger loser: Khan or Broner
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Khan put his career on hold for 13 months thinking he would get the big pay day. Turns out he wasted 13 moths of everyone's time and his career because he wasn't chosen. Since Khan's career he has been telling anyone who would listen that he had what it takes to beat Mayweather, speed and awesome footwork (I am trying not to smirk). The Mayweather fight was in his damn palm and what happened? Fucking Marcos Maidana, the guy he beats, has his spot.

Broner was considered by many uneducated boxing fans and John Q public that he was the next Floyd Mayweather. Flashy, young and skilled. This guy was the brightest star for boxing's young generation. He had all the tools and persona to Mr. PPV. He had an okay showing with the Magic Man and he even put out a hit rap video (Cshel's favorite download) made a sex tape and even licked a strippers vagina. Broner was the guy that some people loved and others just hated. This bright star was on his way to be the man until he met El mutha fucking Chino. He lost and he took an ass kicking, but he fought back and he even hurt Marcos a few times. He asked for an immediate rematch! He wanted to to take back what was his, prove to the world that it was a fluke and he would test Chino's ass if they met again. Not so fast little brother, big Brother needs a respectable dancing partner and well you will have to wait to get your turn.

Broner is left out in the cold. He has many options to pick from but the Maidana rematch would put him right back on track. Now if Mayweather beats Maidana the rematch will lose its steam and well, even with a Broner win people will say "Mayweather softened him up." Should Broner feel betrayed by Mayweather for taking a fight he wanted or should he chalk it up as "business as usual?" If you were Broner how would you take being asked to step aside?

Fighthype, in your opinion who got the bigger "fuck you"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 25 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

I'm gonna go with Khan because he lobbied and annoyed the media like crazy about the Mayweather fight. Hibernated, waited, and wasted is the words used for him. The guy could probably have had like 2 wins right now and would have deserved the fight in September.

Say those wins would have been say Thurman and Alexander would he have earned a fight with Floyd with those wins at welter. Probrably would have been IBF champ and WBA interim champ going in against Floyd.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 25 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Money wise-Khan

Pride wise-Broner

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 25 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 01:43 PM) *
Khan put his career on hold for 13 months thinking he would get the big pay day. Turns out he wasted 13 moths of everyone's time and his career because he wasn't chosen. Since Khan's career he has been telling anyone who would listen that he had what it takes to beat Mayweather, speed and awesome footwork (I am trying not to smirk). The Mayweather fight was in his damn palm and what happened? Fucking Marcos Maidana, the guy he beats, has his spot.

Broner was considered by many uneducated boxing fans and John Q public that he was the next Floyd Mayweather. Flashy, young and skilled. This guy was the brightest star for boxing's young generation. He had all the tools and persona to Mr. PPV. He had an okay showing with the Magic Man and he even put out a hit rap video (Cshel's favorite download) made a sex tape and even licked a strippers vagina. Broner was the guy that some people loved and others just hated. This bright star was on his way to be the man until he met El mutha fucking Chino. He lost and he took an ass kicking, but he fought back and he even hurt Marcos a few times. He asked for an immediate rematch! He wanted to to take back what was his, prove to the world that it was a fluke and he would test Chino's ass if they met again. Not so fast little brother, big Brother needs a respectable dancing partner and well you will have to wait to get your turn.

Broner is left out in the cold. He has many options to pick from but the Maidana rematch would put him right back on track. Now if Mayweather beats Maidana the rematch will lose its steam and well, even with a Broner win people will say "Mayweather softened him up." Should Broner feel betrayed by Mayweather for taking a fight he wanted or should he chalk it up as "business as usual?" If you were Broner how would you take being asked to step aside?

Since the announcement, this is your first Mayweather thread....I'm expecting about 5 more from you before May 3rd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like HyyerBlaze's post (below)...pretty much sums it up.

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 25 2014, 02:08 PM) *
Money wise-Khan

Pride wise-Broner

Great response!

Anyhow, let me throw a spin on this...mother may I?

Has anybody thought for one second, that Khan may have been trolling us this whole time? He may not even been 100% that he was gonna get the shot, but he sure as hell used this publicity and Mayweather's name to build his.

I mean a few short months ago, he was on 106th & Park, reaching out to the black audience (read: Mayweather fans), and he's been using Floyd's name since. If anything, Khan may not have totally lost after all.

If he at least fights on the same card, he'll be that much closer to the fight. Think about it, this is the same guy that the public believed was at the end of his career, so an impressive win in the next couple of months, may play into getting his career back on track.

As for Khan and Broner...neither of them truly lost. They both have time left in the sport, and are capable of making some decent paydays at that. After all, if Floyd happens to lose to Maidana, then it'll make Khan's victory over him (Maidana) that much more noteworthy, and it will at least take the edge off of Broner getting his ass kicked. Now...they should both cross their fingers for a Mayweather loss, if anything.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 25 2014, 12:30 PM) *
since the announcement, this is your first Mayweather thread....I'm expecting about 5 more from you before May 3rd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like HyyerBlaze's post (below)...pretty much sums it up.

Great response!

Anyhow, let me throw a spin on this...mother may I?

Has anybody thought for one second, that Khan may have been trolling us this whole time? He may not even been 100% that he was gonna get the shot, but he sure as hell used this publicity and Mayweather's name to build his.

I mean a few short months ago, he was on 106th & Park, reaching out to the black audience (read: Mayweather fans), and he's been using Floyd's name since. If anything, Khan may not have totally lost after all.

If he at least fights on the same card, he'll be that much closer to the fight. Think about it, this is the same guy that the public believed was at the end of his career, so an impressive win in the next couple of months, may play into getting his career back on track.

As for Khan and Broner...neither of them truly lost. They both have time left in the sport, and are capable of making some decent paydays at that. After all, if Floyd happens to lose to Maidana, then it'll make Khan's victory over him (Maidana) that much more noteworthy, and it will at least take the edge off of Broner getting his ass kicked. Now...they should both cross their fingers for a Mayweather loss, if anything.

I don't know dude, I am pretty amped for Cott/Martinez and Saul/Angulo. I do have all of April and May off so you never know. I know how ya'll feel about endless Mayweather threads, I get sick of them as well. Plus, this is more of a Khan and Broner thread, but I promise I will keep my love of all things Floyd in check lol.

Are you calling Amir Khan smart? Um... I don't know Cshel. All he had to do was to fight Devon and get a belt. This dude put his career on hold for a "maybe" fight. Who the fuck does that. Now I understand why Bradley stuck with TR because he already had a fight in play. So it makes sense to me now. Khan never had a clear okay. I think Khan is really pissed about this. Brain Campbell the asshole writer at ESPN is already shitting on this fight but I will say this, Marcos deserved it.

Amir and Broner would be a great fight.... So how was the circus?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 25 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 02:58 PM) *
I don't know dude, I am pretty amped for Cott/Martinez and Saul/Angulo. I do have all of April and May off so you never know. I know how ya'll feel about endless Mayweather threads, I get sick of them as well. Plus, this is more of a Khan and Broner thread, but I promise I will keep my love of all things Floyd in check lol.

Are you calling Amir Khan smart? Um... I don't know Cshel. All he had to do was to fight Devon and get a belt. This dude put his career on hold for a "maybe" fight. Who the fuck does that. Now I understand why Bradley stuck with TR because he already had a fight in play. So it makes sense to me now. Khan never had a clear okay. I think Khan is really pissed about this. Brain Campbell the asshole writer at ESPN is already shitting on this fight but I will say this, Marcos deserved it.

Amir and Broner would be a great fight.... So how was the circus?

I think I'm still laughing at your endless mayweather threads from last year, lol.

I'd have to call Amir "smart" on this one...even if he didn't truly get what he wanted. He skipped over Devon, Devon lost to a guy whom Khan could give trouble....honestly. Porter is a rugged dude, a poor man's Shane's Mosley, and has 1/4 the grit that Bradley has. Anyhow, I believe Khan would keep the fight on the outside, and make Porter work to get inside, rather than bull rush in.

Alexander fought the wrong fight against Porter...honestly, he didn't seem to know what fight to fight. People can call me crazy, but I think Khan beats Porter. Honestly, I thought Khan would've beaten Bradley back in the day...the height and possibly the reach plus the movement would've frustrated Bradley.

Since we're talking about Bradley, I know he's gotta be laughing at Khan right now (again). First, because of his loss to Peterson, and second of all, his dumb decision to chase a "potential" fight with Mayweather...guess that's that's Bradley signed with TR again...for security. In Bradley's last 4 fights (including this upcoming rematch), he may have already made more than Khan has in the past few years.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 25 2014, 12:14 PM) *
I think I'm still laughing at your endless mayweather threads from last year, lol.

I'd have to call Amir "smart" on this one...even if he didn't truly get what he wanted. He skipped over Devon, Devon lost to a guy whom Khan could give trouble....honestly. Porter is a rugged dude, a poor man's Shane's Mosley, and has 1/4 the grit that Bradley has. Anyhow, I believe Khan would keep the fight on the outside, and make Porter work to get inside, rather than bull rush in.

Alexander fought the wrong fight against Porter...honestly, he didn't seem to know what fight to fight. People can call me crazy, but I think Khan beats Porter. Honestly, I thought Khan would've beaten Bradley back in the day...the height and possibly the reach plus the movement would've frustrated Bradley.

Since we're talking about Bradley, I know he's gotta be laughing at Khan right now (again). First, because of his loss to Peterson, and second of all, his dumb decision to chase a "potential" fight with Mayweather...guess that's that's Bradley signed with TR again...for security. In Bradley's last 4 fights (including this upcoming rematch), he may have already made more than Khan has in the past few years.

I grown since then!

So where does Khan go from here? He can't just fight any fighter without people shitting on him for his selection. Bradley maybe laughing his ass off, but for a guy that beat both Pac and Marquez, he has 0 face recognition with casual fans. Khan can at least be mobbed by fans. Bradley is in a good position. I just hope that he pressures Arum to give him stiff competition. If he beats Pac then where does he go? Rios?

Broner has to be a little heated, but at the same time he does sit in a great position. He can actually pick his opponent, Broner, whoever he fights, will be the A side of the fight. Broner will be the co feature.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-discusses-...ure-more--75025

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 25 2014, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 25 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 05:02 PM) *
I grown since then!

So where does Khan go from here? He can't just fight any fighter without people shitting on him for his selection. Bradley maybe laughing his ass off, but for a guy that beat both Pac and Marquez, he has 0 face recognition with casual fans. Khan can at least be mobbed by fans. Bradley is in a good position. I just hope that he pressures Arum to give him stiff competition. If he beats Pac then where does he go? Rios?

Broner has to be a little heated, but at the same time he does sit in a great position. He can actually pick his opponent, Broner, whoever he fights, will be the A side of the fight. Broner will be the co feature.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-discusses-...ure-more--75025

If Bradley beats Pacquiao I could see a rematch with the Russian,after of course he beats Rios brains in.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Feb 25 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 01:43 PM) *

I think Khan because it was probably the most he would ever make. Broner has time and probably shouldn't have been getting right back in the ring with Maidana until he fixed his issues anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner vs. Kahn on the under card though.

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: Feb 25 2014, 05:21 PM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 25 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Khan still isn't out the Mayweather running, Schaefer was mentioning that Khan would still be an interesting fight. I just think Maidana took the spotlight for the moment and its his time like those before; Canelo, Guerrero, Cotto, Ortiz, Mosely. Always came off one of their biggest wins.... Anytime a fight with Mayweather was mentioned, there was backlash so i think they gonna let that Marinate. Beating Porter (the guy who beat who Khan was supposed to fight) would add some value to him

I don't agree that Broner was ever the next boxing star or whatever, I won't argue, but i won't agree. They say even bad publicity is good, but all Broner ever had was bad publicity, there's much brighter future stars in boxing currently. The Maidana fight just made him look like more of a fool, like i said before, he's just an example of how not to do it. A bad What if scenario come to life. If he doesn't move down in weight for his next fight (which apparently he isn't, during the time off he's been seemingly putting ON more weight) then he's the next Berto. Yeah he may be getting paid, but he will never be Elite.

This is what makes a Khan vs Broner fight so interesting. Khan beats Broner in May. He gets a Mayweather fight in September. Broner beats Khan, he can get his Maidana rematch.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 25 2014, 06:35 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 01:18 PM