IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prime Roy Jones Jr. vs. Prime Chris Byrd, Whatcha think?
Byrd Man
post Apr 2 2010, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

THIS would have been a solid matchup. Both very quick fighters and I think this could have been a very equal matchup, if only they were in the same divisions at the time.

Chris Byrd at the height of his peak was a very difficult fighter to match up with, because of his defensive skills. I would have loved to have seen this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 2 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #2

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 2 2010, 04:12 AM) *
THIS would have been a solid matchup. Both very quick fighters and I think this could have been a very equal matchup, if only they were in the same divisions at the time.

Chris Byrd at the height of his peak was a very difficult fighter to match up with, because of his defensive skills. I would have loved to have seen this.

I,like you,give Byrd a lot of props but Byrd wouldn't have beaten Roy..Byrd's defensive skills were amazing..I'd consider him a master of defense which is something I don't say about many..I also consider Pep and Whitakers masters too(who doesn't)..

Roy would just be throwing too many punches at Byrd and Byrd wouldn't have the power to keep him off..Roy found ways around great defenses..

It'd be a fun fight to watch either way though..I'd be happy no matter who won..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Apr 2 2010, 03:36 PM

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Apr 8 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Well people always talk about how Byrd doesn't have power, but we need to keep in mind his opponents were almost always much bigger and stronger than he was. So power that he may have had at Light Heavy/Cruiser he would not have at Heavy.

We'll never know if he had stayed at Middle or even Light Heavy, whether or not he'd be knocking motherfuckers out. It's easy to just say he doesn't have power though, because all we saw him fight just about were big large people who his power had no effect on.

I'm not saying he had world class knockout power at any weight, but I think his power was more than many people realize.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Apr 8 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 8 2010, 04:11 AM) *
Well people always talk about how Byrd doesn't have power, but we need to keep in mind his opponents were almost always much bigger and stronger than he was. So power that he may have had at Light Heavy/Cruiser he would not have at Heavy.

We'll never know if he had stayed at Middle or even Light Heavy, whether or not he'd be knocking motherfuckers out. It's easy to just say he doesn't have power though, because all we saw him fight just about were big large people who his power had no effect on.

I'm not saying he had world class knockout power at any weight, but I think his power was more than many people realize.

Still wouldn't have beat Roy...........AT ANY WEIGHT!

+Quote Post
mbills
post Apr 28 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 10,813

IBF Heavyweight Champion Chris Byrd vs WBO Heavyweight Champion Roy Jones Jr? Jones on points. Too many punches, still had retarded reflexes and most importantly, still had CONFIDENCE.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:56 AM