IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ARUM TELLS RIGONDEAX TO FIGHT MORE FAN FRIENDLY, ????
mrchitown
post Oct 20 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2013, 05:17 PM) *
This shit right here. On point

If he wants him to be more fan friendly and take risks, give him a fucking reason to! Pay the guy, give him fights, actually promote the motherfucker you old dickhead..

Rigo doesn't give a damn about what Arum says and his manager/promoter, I forget which one he is. Gary Hyde doesn't give a damn about him either. He's gon on countless tirades about how Arum treats Rigo. They probably told him anything to get him off the phone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I guess he wants Rigondeaux to get Pacquiaoed. Not going to happen. people still appreciate good boxing. Rig should see the writing on the wall, he needs to jump ship and work with someone who appreciates his fighting skills. Arum is going to lose a top top top talent. Who does Arum has in his stable as talented as Rig? The guy is making a big mistake.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 20 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Arum's agenda is clear. Look how he slobs all over Ruslan and that's not even his fighter. Ruslan is promoted by K2. Buy he copromotes Rigo and shits on him. He gives Ruslan high praise and some of it is deserved but let's not act like Provodnikov isn't limited. If not Bradley then somebody will come along and box him and bust him up. Plus I heard some idiot in the thread last night say he has an iron chin. Yeah right he got hurt multiple times by Bradley who doesn't have much pop and Alvarado hurt him a few times too. If you box him and hit him with power shots, he'd be in the same position Alvarado was in last night

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 20 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

"fight a more fan-friendly fight..." (translation: Let the other guy hit you)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 20 2013, 11:02 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 02:23 PM) *
First off the reason Mayweather fought that way against Hatton was because Hatton forced him too. Ricky wasn't going to sit back and let Floyd do what he normally does, he brought out the best in Mayweather. Don't act like if Floyd had the option, he wouldn't of just banked rounds by throwing the occasional left hook right hands all night

Rigondeaux's style is perfect for him and I see no need for him to switch it up. He's a counter puncher, wtf don't people understand about that. This is why his punch output is the way it is. I do think he should and could raise his punch output a bit mor but why would he when he's whooping these dudes easily.

I like a good blood and guts fight too but it's the sweet science not the back yard bare knuckle tournament. Using Leo was a bad example, if he doesn't adjust his style he's going to be short many brain cells. And we need to cut the shit and put everything in perspective here in regards to Arum. He had ZERO problems finding Rigondeaux fights before he starched Nonito with that unpopular fighting style, he had ZERO problems about Rigo's style before that fight, if he did he never said anything about it until the Nonito fight. After his and HBO's agenda was crushed, then came the bashing. I don't take anything this man says serious. He almost always has an ulterior motive

Exactly!! Why anyone gives any credence to the ish Bob Arum says is beyond me, dude readily admits "yesterday I was lying but today I'm telling the truth" so we should believe this shyster Jew Lawyer (Liar) everytime he makes a statement?? Arum's HBO agenda was tanked the minute that Rigo beat Nonito easily.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Oct 20 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #16

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 20 2013, 03:23 PM) *
First off the reason Mayweather fought that way against Hatton was because Hatton forced him too. Ricky wasn't going to sit back and let Floyd do what he normally does, he brought out the best in Mayweather. Don't act like if Floyd had the option, he wouldn't of just banked rounds by throwing the occasional left hook right hands all night

Rigondeaux's style is perfect for him and I see no need for him to switch it up. He's a counter puncher, wtf don't people understand about that. This is why his punch output is the way it is. I do think he should and could raise his punch output a bit mor but why would he when he's whooping these dudes easily.

I like a good blood and guts fight too but it's the sweet science not the back yard bare knuckle tournament. Using Leo was a bad example, if he doesn't adjust his style he's going to be short many brain cells. And we need to cut the shit and put everything in perspective here in regards to Arum. He had ZERO problems finding Rigondeaux fights before he starched Nonito with that unpopular fighting style, he had ZERO problems about Rigo's style before that fight, if he did he never said anything about it until the Nonito fight. After his and HBO's agenda was crushed, then came the bashing. I don't take anything this man says serious. He almost always has an ulterior motive

I'm sorry man but we don't live in an era where science and chess are in demand by the majority of fans. If you have the majority of the buyers being fans of kush you can't expect to sell much of that low grade bud. I like technicians just as much as I like brawlers but you and I are in the minority and the star issue isn't limited to Rigo,when the option is to make a few hundred k or a few million at this stage of your career (he ain't no spring chicken) go for the money. It's not like if he changed up we'd forget this dude was a master of the craft but you have to be realistic here. Arum wanted Rigo to be a star he wanted to lock the latin market on both west and east of the U.S. but when Rigo is asking for a million plus per bout and the ratings he gets don't show the networks he deserves it you end up with this issue. Look at Sergio Martinez he had to plaster Paul Williams to finally break through but he got it and he understood what the market wants versus what you want to do. I've been to two Rigo fights and haven't paid for either one because they were virtually giving the tickets away and while I like Rigo his style just hasn't caught on with the casual market and it's the same case with Bradley..two fine fighters and warriors how just don't have a style that really appeals to todays audience. Regarding Arum, we know the devil because he tells us he's the devil..Arum 2.0 = Richard Schaeffer is worse in my opinion because he's done a great job at looking like the saint. Hell when Dibella has an issue with you I know you are an a-hole and Dibella has tried pairing Sergio up with GBP fighters since 2009..where has that gone?

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 21 2013, 12:02 AM) *
Exactly!! Why anyone gives any credence to the ish Bob Arum says is beyond me, dude readily admits "yesterday I was lying but today I'm telling the truth" so we should believe this shyster Jew Lawyer (Liar) everytime he makes a statement?? Arum's HBO agenda was tanked the minute that Rigo beat Nonito easily.

Let's leave the race/religion out of this because if we really get into that we have to take it back to who he learned to be shady from and that person isn't jewish or white. You seem to think Schaffer is better and i'll completely disagree for a number of reasons which Dibella, Duva, and many other small time promoters if engaged in conversation will happily break down for you. Lot's of the Arum hates circles around his split with Mayweather and the Pacquaio fight never being made...now let's see how many promoters GBP has been willing to work with not named Top Rank...so again if we break it down we come to the one common denominator here..and it's not Arum.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Oct 20 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I'm sorry man but we don't live in an era where science and chess are in demand by the majority of fans. If you have the majority of the buyers being fans of kush you can't expect to sell much of that low grade bud. I like technicians just as much as I like brawlers but you and I are in the minority and the star issue isn't limited to Rigo,when the option is to make a few hundred k or a few million at this stage of your career (he ain't no spring chicken) go for the money. It's not like if he changed up we'd forget this dude was a master of the craft but you have to be realistic here. Arum wanted Rigo to be a star he wanted to lock the latin market on both west and east of the U.S. but when Rigo is asking for a million plus per bout and the ratings he gets don't show the networks he deserves it you end up with this issue. Look at Sergio Martinez he had to plaster Paul Williams to finally break through but he got it and he understood what the market wants versus what you want to do. I've been to two Rigo fights and haven't paid for either one because they were virtually giving the tickets away and while I like Rigo his style just hasn't caught on with the casual market and it's the same case with Bradley..two fine fighters and warriors how just don't have a style that really appeals to todays audience. Regarding Arum, we know the devil because he tells us he's the devil..Arum 2.0 = Richard Schaeffer is worse in my opinion because he's done a great job at looking like the saint. Hell when Dibella has an issue with you I know you are an a-hole and Dibella has tried pairing Sergio up with GBP fighters since 2009..where has that gone?

Have to disagree yet again, I can tell I'm probably the only business owner on here lol. Dude, people don't know what they like, you tell them what they like. The avg consumer is nothing more then just a zombie and you can dictate to them which way you want to take them. That's the facts. And another fact is you can't change history. Things may evolve but the history of something never changes it was and always will be the sweet science so any hardcore or casual fan bitching about that needs to grab some tissue and switch to the MLB playoffs.

Arturo Gatti switched his style up and look what happened to him? Plenty of fighters throughout history switched their style up to accommodate the public and look where it got them. I commend the athletes in any sport who don't change their style and cave in to public pressure because some idiot who can't even so what they do wants them too. Like D Rose for example. I see these out of shape clowns saying he needs to switch up but thru 5 preseason games he's looking better then he did before he was injured. Sports needs fans but fans are not always right

Bradley fights a bit more exciting now and he still can't draw flies to shit. Andre Ward gets shit which surprises me because he's a very exciting fighter. What makes his fights seem boring is that he takes away his opponents weapons and makes them look like amateurs but he gets the shit end of the stick because of it. The way Arum wants Rigondeaux to fight usually ends with the fighter being broke and busted out. It may be Arum's business but it's Rigo's brand and his brand is his business. When his career is over he will leave with his faculties intact. Probably no slurred speech and be able to enjoy life. Can we say the same for Mares, Santa Cruz, Alvarado, and Ruslan for example. Time will tell but the odds ain't in there favor

You think Schaefer is worse then Arum? To each his own. I agree Dibella didn't make any fight for Sergio with GB, but let's not act like Arum doesn't do ALL in house match making and when he does go outside of the company he wants options on that fighter. That's what he did with Ruslan. He's the king of rematches. You ask him what's next for his fighters and at least 3 of the 4 options are rematches. Ain't no saints in Boxing. Unlike Don King more then I like Arum

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 21 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This may sound like an odd comparison, but when Jay-Z decided to get into sports agency, he really didn't do it for the huge profits. He basically went into it to put other agents feet to the fire. When a prospect comes out of HS, the moment he becomes eligible for the draft (really before that) these agents pitch the same shit to him. Hit up the same sneaker companies. Hit up a soda company. Then they sit on their hands. They don't think outside of the box. Bob Arum is a lazy promoter. His fights are permutations of the same fighters. If you're anything other than a balls to the wall fighter then he wants nothing to do with you. At some point, someone needs to call him out OTHER than Floyd Mayweather. I thought it would be Bradley but it seems like he's backed off.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Oct 21 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2013, 02:58 PM) *
This shit burned me up when I read it. How about doing your job and stop taking the easy way out in promotion. He just whooped up on a guy most assumed was the best in the division with relative ease. If you can't find a way to market that, then the only thing he should be re-evaluating is why he needs you in the first place. But then again, this is the same prick that put the great Floyd Mayweather on the back burner.

Yeah... mayweather remained in obscurity for more than a few minutes

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2013, 06:17 PM) *
This shit right here. On point

If he wants him to be more fan friendly and take risks, give him a fucking reason to! Pay the guy, give him fights, actually promote the motherfucker you old dickhead..

I agree...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 20 2013, 11:00 PM) *
"fight a more fan-friendly fight..." (translation: Let the other guy hit you)

LMAO-- people just hate a guy who is too good to get beat up in the ring--- that is what PUGILISM is all about--

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 21 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 11:58 AM) *
This may sound like an odd comparison, but when Jay-Z decided to get into sports agency, he really didn't do it for the huge profits. He basically went into it to put other agents feet to the fire. When a prospect comes out of HS, the moment he becomes eligible for the draft (really before that) these agents pitch the same shit to him. Hit up the same sneaker companies. Hit up a soda company. Then they sit on their hands. They don't think outside of the box. Bob Arum is a lazy promoter. His fights are permutations of the same fighters. If you're anything other than a balls to the wall fighter then he wants nothing to do with you. At some point, someone needs to call him out OTHER than Floyd Mayweather. I thought it would be Bradley but it seems like he's backed off.

Da hell you talking about, everything homie do is for profit lol....Jay is a bad example. That new album he got out has changed the landscape for the worse, on a business end it was great but on the hip-hop side of things he sold out. LL and other peers of his have blasted him for it and the hip-hop community, though I don't know how sizeable feels it was a sellout move too. No one believes that album is plat, he sold a mil copies to samsung but not the actual consumer, the he talks about new rules, FOH lol

Now his sports agency, that ain't really his. Why people give this dude so much credit for not doing shit is baffling lol. He's in collaboration with CAA, for those of you who don't know that's Creative arts agency and their a powerhouse in the sports agent industry, when they sign to Jay, they signed to CAA. Don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. You comparing the same dudes, they both don't do shit unless it's for the money. One just happens to be black the other white

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:17 AM