IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Peterson...Perception is Starting to Change (NO SPOILERS!), Is anybody else overlooking Peterson? (Preview/Poll Added!)
Khan vs. Peterson: Preview and Poll
Who Wins?
Khan by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
Khan by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Khan by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peterson by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Peterson by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peterson by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
The Original MrF...
post Dec 9 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

If Khan doesnt come out like a gangbuster and KO Peterson by swarming him with punches, i think peterson could make it a loooong ugly fight. I can see a lot of holding in those 1st few rounds by Peterson. I'm not counting him out. Khan will start fast. From 4 on, it could be Peterson all the way. Actually rooting for LaMont"Big Dummy"Peterson...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Dec 9 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #22

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,998

Khan by wide decision(117-111)

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 10 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #23

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

You know what. After some guy said Peterson was tailor made for Khan i started analyzing and you know what. I say BS. If anything, Khan is made for Peterson. Khan relies on speed, power and his explosiveness. Those are hia advantages along with his size. He is not a very smart fighter. He jumps in and out and much of the time can be wreckless and off balance. He can not punch going backwards and his inside game is almost non-existant. What is Peterson now? A very technically sound and smart counter puncher. He is aggressive and will back you up. His defense is on point but sometimes he stays in too long and gets caught. He also sets up traps and makes great midfight adjustments. His advantages i.e. timing, defense, and iq can nullify khans advantages i.e. speed and explosiveness. Anyone seeing pac marquez all over again here? I do....

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 10 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #24

An inbred jackass...

It's official. I'm calling an upset tonight. I'm going out on a limb here and picking Peterson by SD. I think with all this Mayweather talk Khan has been spewing, it's getting to people's heads. Khan is the obvious pick but the recipe for an upset is there. Lamont not only has the skills to win, but he is in amazing mental and physical conditioning, fighting for his 2nd chance at a world title and it's going down in his backyard. That is dangerous. Peterson by SD, book it!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 10 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 10 2011, 02:21 AM) *
He jumps in and out and much of the time can be wreckless and off balance

Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 10 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #26

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's interesting. This is going to look a lot like Pacquiao Marquez. Interesting fact also is that Marquez is one of Lamont's favorite fighters. Just saw that in an interview of Peterson

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #27

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

With regards to Khan,

The Maidana-Khan fight was classic stuff! And THAT is a fight where I thought Maidana won and Khan should rematch him! And Peterson throws a lot of leather, but he has been hit himself. IMO, I think there are many fighters more boring than Khan and Peterson.

However, I agree that both of them could go into a dance if they get hurt making for a boring fight, so that could happen. I think this is a good 50/50 match.

Judging/officiating may favor Peterson though. We have a home court advantage. Judges are from Puerto Rico. (Vasquez), Philadelphia (Hill) and Washington DC( Dorsett) No UK judges. The ref Joe Cooper, is from DC as well.

Jack

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 10 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #28

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2011, 01:44 PM) *
With regards to Khan,

The Maidana-Khan fight was classic stuff! And THAT is a fight where I thought Maidana won and Khan should rematch him! And Peterson throws a lot of leather, but he has been hit himself. IMO, I think there are many fighters more boring than Khan and Peterson.

However, I agree that both of them could go into a dance if they get hurt making for a boring fight, so that could happen. I think this is a good 50/50 match.

Judging/officiating may favor Peterson though. We have a home court advantage. Judges are from Puerto Rico. (Vasquez), Philadelphia (Hill) and Washington DC( Dorsett) No UK judges. The ref Joe Cooper, is from DC as well.

Jack

2 american judges and a home town ref. I'm feeling more and more confident in an upset tonight. Hope i'm not completely off

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #29

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 10 2011, 12:02 PM) *
2 American judges and a home town ref. I'm feeling more and more confident in an upset tonight. Hope I'm not completely off

The big question is what happens when one hits the other? If they can both take each others punches and last, this could be a war. If one gets hit and goes into dance mode, this could be a tactical cat and mouse game. Both are chinny, but I think have good hearts going in.

It sure sounds like Peterson got the officials he wanted! Or Khan didn't get what he wanted, or Khan did not protest to anybody.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 10 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2011, 01:23 PM) *
The big question is what happens when one hits the other? If they can both take each others punches and last, this could be a war.

Im more concerned about Peterson in this situation. If he lets Khan pitty-pat him to death, then we may be disappointed this evening. Im wondering whether or not he will be able to even land on Khan, since he's a safety first type fighter...which means that he may be covering up the whole night.

***Stinker of the night: The replay of Cotto/Margarito II...I would much rather see this last (with the extra footage, of course). It wouldn't have been a problem if we didn't have to sit through a HW co-feature. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lazy2.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:23 AM