+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Apr 11 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,301

I've done bits and bobs.

I wouldn't say I've trained in it properly.

Done a tiny bit of BJJ, but again, nothing too serious.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 13 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 11 2009, 07:22 PM) *
I've done bits and bobs.

I wouldn't say I've trained in it properly.

Done a tiny bit of BJJ, but again, nothing too serious.

I'm thinking of learner BJJ for the hell of it with my friend is forcing me to learn with him.

What do you think is the best martial art, Black? I think Boxing is the best of all..

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Apr 14 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 13 2009, 09:16 PM) *
I'm thinking of learner BJJ for the hell of it with my friend is forcing me to learn with him.

What do you think is the best martial art, Black? I think Boxing is the best of all..

I'm Roll, not Black (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yeah, boxing is my favourite combat sport.

Depends what you mean by 'best'. BJJ is awesome, dude. You get on the mats and roll with someone who knows what they're doing and you're screwed. You can't do anything. It's crazy.

I like pretty much all combat sports....Boxing, BJJ, Kickboxing, Thai, MMA, knockdown Karate, it's all good.

I don't really like Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu and all those 'mysterious' arts. As long as the students are sparring and getting a good level of contact going, then it keeps them honest about what they do.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 17 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #5

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

I trained in some hapkido..It was pretty sweet but boxing is the top art for me..Nothing tops boxing..

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Apr 21 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

Yeah, boxing is the best simply because it's the most highly evolved, having been around for so long and pushed to the very pinnacle. MMA-type arts are still new and developing, so 'pound 4 pound' if you like boxing is number one, maybe with Greco Roman wrestling just behind it.

But if you mean for just all round fighting, yeah MMA is great, although it's better to choose your basic style (say, striker or wrestler) and then add to it rather than trying everything at once.

Black

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jul 19 2009, 03:17 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I took my first lesson of BJJ and its real cool...but I just love boxing alot more. IMO, Boxing is more technical and enjoyable and you really need more talent.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Sep 2 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 21 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Yeah, boxing is the best simply because it's the most highly evolved, having been around for so long and pushed to the very pinnacle. MMA-type arts are still new and developing, so 'pound 4 pound' if you like boxing is number one, maybe with Greco Roman wrestling just behind it.

But if you mean for just all round fighting, yeah MMA is great, although it's better to choose your basic style (say, striker or wrestler) and then add to it rather than trying everything at once.

Black

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) Muy Thai has been around much, much, much longer than boxing. I love boxing and I love the fluidity between offense and defense that it incorporates when the craft is applied properly, but there are other Martial Arts that have been around just as long and have been pushed just as hard as boxing.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Sep 2 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (BigG @ Jul 19 2009, 04:17 AM) *
I took my first lesson of BJJ and its real cool...but I just love boxing alot more. IMO, Boxing is more technical and enjoyable and you really need more talent.

But isn't that the beauty of something like BJJ. Almost anybody can become master if they apply themselves, where as boxing you almost have to have some god given talent to really excell.

+Quote Post
CagR
post Sep 4 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 10,490

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 2 2009, 12:27 PM) *
But isn't that the beauty of something like BJJ. Almost anybody can become master if they apply themselves, where as boxing you almost have to have some god given talent to really excell.

I have 5 amateur fights 3-2. Not to good a record but I blame that on my conditioning. Without conditioning I dont care how skilled you think you are, you will not be able to apply it against a decent opponent.

I did BJJ for a year and achieved a Blue Belt under Leo Dalla (Loyd Irvin's BJJ Master). And yes, if you are fairly intelligent and in fairly decent shape, you can learn BJJ and be able to apply it fluently in a fight. This is an art that requires a lot of mental application as well as the physical, that's why I will put BJJ on top of my "to master" diciplines.

Not to down boxing, but anyone can swing and connect at any given moment, but not just anyone can keep a focused plan of assault once the fight goes to the ground.

A good fighter needs to be well rounded, for this reason I dont count boxing out ( I train in it also when getting ready for fights)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:01 PM