IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preview and Discussion of Mayweather-Ortiz Undercard, Updated: Cano-Morales Now Main Undercard! (According to Fightnews)
gravytrain
post Aug 26 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 27 2011, 12:39 AM) *
+1

And really surprised that others don't see it this way:

1.) Mexican Independence Day

2.) A Golden Boy Promotion that makes big $$$ off of the Mexican/Hispanic Community

3.) The WBC going out of their way in catering to Morales by giving him this shot in the first place. Yes, this is better Barrios, but the writing's on the wall,

4.) Lucus not busy enough and shooting himself in the foot by fighting that way.

5.) This has Dalby Shirley and Gale Van Hoy type judging written all over it. The third judge will probably be fair. But all you need is the majority going a certain way. UNLESS with the recent terrible decisions in recent fights and the stench of Russell Mora's officiating in Mares-Agbeko, you might think that the scales might bend somewhat towards justice. Just not enough. Issues 1-3 overpower all else.

Jack

NSAC said Mora would get experience reffing undercard fights. maybe Morales vs Matthysse is one of the undercard fights lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 27 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 26 2011, 11:58 PM) *
NSAC said Mora would get experience reffing undercard fights. maybe Morales vs Matthysse is one of the undercard fights lol.

LOL!!! RUSSELL MORA WORKING THE MORALES-MATHYSSEE FIGHT! LOL!

Warning number 1: "Erik, come on now, you gotta stop hitting him low like that."

Waning number 20: "Come on now Erik, get them up now."

Warning number 50: "Now, look Erik, I don't wanna take a point away!"

Lucus hits Erik low in retaliation: "Ok, that's one point off here." Keep em up."

Lucus spins Erik into the ropes: "Ok, you can't spin him like that, another point off."

Frustrated, Lucus pushes Erik into Mora. "Ok, that's it, a DQ" You can't push him like that.!"

Lucas screams "WTF!!!? I'm done with this boxing shit!!!"

Mora: "Hey, I warned you three times, I enforce the rules!"

LOL!

Jack

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 27 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #13

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

i dont agree, if matthyse wins clearly, i don't think they will be that transparent about robbing him. morales may have an edge in a close fight

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Aug 27 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #14

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

I don't know Vargas, but if he's Mayweather's protege and he's putting him on the undercard, I'm guessing they know what they're doing.

Vargas UD Lopez

Morales SD Matthysse (surprised to see the majority thinking so strongly otherwise)

Alvarez KO 5 Gomez (I really think Ginger Pubes shines in this one)

Mayweather UD Ortiz (cakewalk)

+Quote Post
Seek
post Aug 27 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #15

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Vargas vs Lopez - Only seen Vargas fight once but he looks promising

Canelo TKO Gomez

I'm positive Morales wins decisively

Mayweather by TKO

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 27 2011, 02:28 AM) *
I don't know Vargas, but if he's Mayweather's protege and he's putting him on the undercard, I'm guessing they know what they're doing.

Vargas UD Lopez

Morales SD Matthysse (surprised to see the majority thinking so strongly otherwise)

Alvarez KO 5 Gomez (I really think Ginger Pubes shines in this one)

Mayweather UD Ortiz (cakewalk)

Exactly!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 27 2011, 01:55 AM) *
i dont agree, if matthyse wins clearly, i don't think they will be that transparent about robbing him. morales may have an edge in a close fight

I have to agree to disagree with ya on this one. Morales having the edge on a close fight is likely, but Matthysse clearly winning it just wont happen. He will have to KO Morales if he wants the victory. Maidana is waaay busier than Matthysse, thats why he wiggled his way past a possible robbery against Morales, though he went tooth-to-nail with him. Matthysse is always going to be one of those guys to get screwed out of a decisions...as we have witnessed as of late. Kinda reminds me of how they used to do Clottey...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if Gomez does get beat to submission, it will probably be by way of the white flag being waved...

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 27 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Never seen Vargas or Lopez fight.

Matthysse will beat Morales if he doesn't get robbed again lol

Alvarez will beat Gomez. I'm saying that without seeing Gomez fight, but I usually expect Alvarez to win in dominating fashion. I want to see Alvarez fight someone who is very sharp with speed and power. All the people I've seen him fight recently lacked most of those things.

Mayweather will beat Ortiz easily. Ortiz has a shitty ass defense, swings wild, doesn't take punishment too well. Ortiz will start off strong but he'll eventually slow down and will look silly. It probably won't go the distance.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 27 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #20

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 27 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Never seen Vargas or Lopez fight.

Matthysse will beat Morales if he doesn't get robbed again lol

Alvarez will beat Gomez. I'm saying that without seeing Gomez fight, but I usually expect Alvarez to win in dominating fashion. I want to see Alvarez fight someone who is very sharp with speed and power. All the people I've seen him fight recently lacked most of those things.

Mayweather will beat Ortiz easily. Ortiz has a shitty ass defense, swings wild, doesn't take punishment too well. Ortiz will start off strong but he'll eventually slow down and will look silly. It probably won't go the distance.

Alverez over Gomez.......easy.

Matthyse couldn't even get past a shop-worn Judah. Some say the wrong decision favoring Zab, but at least that fight was close. Morales still wins on the cards, or at the very LEAST, gets no worse than a draw. Lucas COULD stop him, but it's unlikely unless Erik has aged overnight. Was the Maidana fight a one fight wonder, classic war in Erik's comeback quest?

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:51 AM