IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would You Like To See Maidana Shock The World And Beat Mayweather?, Think about this....Pacquiao-Maidana Has FIREWORKS ALL OVER IT!
ryustuh
post Apr 17 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2014, 01:07 PM) *
I agree, and please forgive me for any "duh fool" moments after this, because truthfully I didn't read the rest of your post...just wanted to make a point off of the bold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (what an asshole, huh?)

Anyway, I've been saying the same thing for a while, which is why I agreed with DigitalBoom as well. The rest of the fighters out here, will have a chance to shine and become a cash cow, however, up and coming fighters must TAKE that cash cow title from the cash cow...like Manny did with Oscar (fight wise), and how Floyd did with Oscar (as far as taking advantage of the exposure and building a brand. Besides...the "world is still waiting" on Floyd to knock Oscar out. Lol

I said all of that to say...what if Floyd retires undefeated, then what? How has the cash cow spot been TAKEN, if nobody's beaten him? That's the weird part. So basically, Floyd can come out of retirement whenever he wants to. Even if he loses on May 3rd, a rematch takes place, then he'd have two fights left...at that point, it raises the competition level for guys who are trying to "win" their way into a fight with him.

lol i guess that makes me an asshole too cuz i scanned through the rest of the posts without reading everything hence the possibility that i repeated alot of what others said before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

it will be weird that no one will replace the "cash cow" role when floyd leaves. but at the same time, i think that'll bring some balance to the sport and we'll actually get a chance to focus on the fighters and their skills as boxers not as shrewd businessmen. more fights will get made, less politics, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 18 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Exactly Cshel, the role of Cash cow must be passed on like how DLH fought Pac and Mayweather.

The Canelo project is already clear, he's definitely taking over.
The Lara project is currently in the works.
The Maidana Project is in the works.
Hopefully Mayweather fights Garcia soon, then boom Garcia ppv fighter. could also get a Garcia vs Maidana ppv after.
As soon as Ward fights JCC or GGG, then we have those 3 are ppv attractions.
That whole 140-147 division will be $$ after Maidana and Garcia are ppv fighters because then whoever beats them will be cashing out: Thurman and others.

Robert guerrero messed up, Victor ortiz messed up. What they did, is exactly NOT what to do after the biggest fight or your career, the Canelo route worked out the best. Even Broner seems to be heading down the Ortiz and Berto path.

Honestly i don't see all this talk about the up and coming fighters not getting their shine unless they are in the Rigondeaux or Ward situation. The only way for a fighter to get their shine is to stay fighting. You can't expect to blow up without some signature wins... I think everything is going to come along perfectly, The new prodigy just hasn't made noise yet.... Errol Spence

+Quote Post
theboxingchannel...
post Apr 18 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #23

Amateur

Member No.: 14,165

Finally! Glad to see that there is somewhere and people who appreciate the magnitude of this fight! both of these guys are champions. Maidana pure excitement on my book, mayweather the king. How can people say maidana is an easy cherry-pick for floyd? the guy has a ko ratio of 80 something percent and has never been stopped.

relentless motherfucker is always coming forward.

This post has been edited by theboxingchannel2: Apr 18 2014, 07:20 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 18 2014, 01:01 PM) *
Exactly Cshel, the role of Cash cow must be passed on like how DLH fought Pac and Mayweather.

The Canelo project is already clear, he's definitely taking over.
The Lara project is currently in the works.
The Maidana Project is in the works.
Hopefully Mayweather fights Garcia soon, then boom Garcia ppv fighter. could also get a Garcia vs Maidana ppv after.
As soon as Ward fights JCC or GGG, then we have those 3 are ppv attractions.
That whole 140-147 division will be $$ after Maidana and Garcia are ppv fighters because then whoever beats them will be cashing out: Thurman and others.

Robert guerrero messed up, Victor ortiz messed up. What they did, is exactly NOT what to do after the biggest fight or your career, the Canelo route worked out the best. Even Broner seems to be heading down the Ortiz and Berto path.

Honestly i don't see all this talk about the up and coming fighters not getting their shine unless they are in the Rigondeaux or Ward situation. The only way for a fighter to get their shine is to stay fighting. You can't expect to blow up without some signature wins... I think everything is going to come along perfectly, The new prodigy just hasn't made noise yet.... Errol Spence

I agree with most of what you said. But I disagree that Broner is anywhere near the Berto or Ortiz route. Those two have a problem with ring activity. And for all the stuff about Berto, he's never in a dull fight. But the thing that Adrien has that they don't is he's marketable and love him or hate him, he sells. He can still and probably will be built into a PPV attraction. A fight between he and Danny is still out there, it's inevitable

That would be a great scrap. Thurman is marketable and I also agree with you that Errol is the future. I've been watching him since he was an amateur and he's got the goods to be a great in the sport

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 18 2014, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Apr 19 2014, 01:29 AM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 16 2014, 04:42 PM) *
Love this assessment! Thank you, Digital Boom!

Jack

Thanks

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 16 2014, 09:02 PM) *
i agree as well and i have said this in other threads. I love floyd but i am getting sick of him also. He has changed the game in many good ways, but i think hes taken the focus off of boxing and put money revenue and ppv buys as the focus. Hes had an amazing career but im ready to see it end and the torch passed. as soon as ali retired, look what boxing became, it let the light be shed onto leonard and the fab four, and opened the door for mike tyson. floyd is hogging alot of the light on the one side, and manny on the other.

however i would not like to see floyd lose to maidana, i wouldnt mind some drama though like the cotto or mosley fights. i wouldnt mind seeing floyd get clipped and hit the deck, only to bounce back up and put on a clinic. if i were to see mayweather lose, i would ant it to be to pacquiao, because that is the only guy ho i could accept defeating him. hes really the only one deserving of that crown, based on what both have accomplished.

I feel you but him losing to pacquaio or pacquaio losing to him in my opinion is a can of worms waiting to be open. The fight not taking off back in 2009 was an omen it was the window because now we don't ever know what's in the tank..and I mean really in the tank. You can look amazing physically but what toll has boxing taken on you as a man..I know folks say floyd loves this but lets be honest he got to the point he was fighting once a year and he's doing twofers cause of the contract. Money stops really being a motivator past a certain point. Maybe its the 49th win he's motivate by but it can't just feel the same anymore to these guys. Honestly if it's going to go i'd rather see that sooner than later, imagine him losing that last fight..

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2014, 10:58 AM) *
Totally agree with the bold, and as far as the rest of your post, we share some of the same sentiments. Some of these should have gotten more attention when they were at the lower weights, but if I remember correctly, they did...to a degree. Most of them either lost to a B-level fighter, or they just failed to impress when the competition heated up.

The 140 era (from 2009-2011) with guys like Khan, Bradley, Alexander, Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana, Peterson, etc, could've been handled a little better. But now that I think about it, most of these guys fought each other.

Truthfully, I'm trying to make a point here, but it's just not working. I mean, most of these guys fought each other, but some of these matchups couhld've been made, and they weren't. Something, which I can't out my finger on at the moment, went wrong.

It seems as though they were being built up to be big stars, but when they had that defining fight, it propelled them into a BIG fight, but as soon as the first bell rang in those big fights, they weren't as impressive as they were built up to be...IF they even made it that big fight.

Oh man, let's not even get started on how badly these young guys have been handled. I can tell you Top Rank gets sold within three months of Arum's death, guaranteed. Otherwise you'd be seeing guys like crawford, garcia, lomancheko on Pacquaio undercards. Broner the moment he got buzz should've been on ppv undercards, Garcia is the 140 king and literally gets little to no respect (he lost that last fight imo). I'm watching guys like rigo, donaire, mares, santa cruz being mismanaged like crazy...santa cruz really about to go to belfast...why? LMAO...he can't win on scorecards and a ko isn't guaranteed..Lomancheko being two title chances deep in 3 fights is ludicrous..man we can be here all day.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 19 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2014, 07:16 PM) *
No, and the one reason because is, Mayweather in my eyes when he fights brawlers he's representing the best of boxing skill, what boxers could be like, and when he beats people using those elite skills, that's the best of boxing on display. If Maidana wins everybody going to think the slugger simply overpowered the boxer, and thats not what boxing is about.

But yeah Maidana vs Pac would be a total war, or would it be. A lot of movement may trouble Maidana like the Khan fight.

+1000

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:47 AM