BoxingStill#1
post Jul 4 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

Both comming off notable losses..

One of which in dominant fasion...

Does Mosely have what it takes to compete?

Does Mosely deserve a this fight?

Does Berto?

MORE importantly,... would we even tune in to watch it?...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 4 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Stinker.

Fighters ruin the sports. Not the promoters. Promoters might be able to make Mayweather vs Pacquiao but when the fight becomes a Glee club dancefest, people would still be turned off.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 4 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 4 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Yeah not interested at all in this. If it were to happen, I think all it would be is to see where Berto is at, and a name to add on his resume. Surely couldn't be used as a stepping stone for Mosley once again in his career.

Kinda hard to see where Berto is at using an aged Shane as a measuring stick....lls

And yes, I agree, I don't think this does anything for Shane if he were to win...

Shane, to me, has lost his only apeal,.... that worriors heart...

Its problerbly safe to say that since the Cotto fight, neither of them have been the same IMO... they took something from each other that night.

Berto is just as dangerous as always... but I feel he under esimated Ortiz and came in way out of shape and not prepared

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Jul 4 2011, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 4 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 4 2011, 05:58 PM) *
I don't want to see it, but if it did, yes I think it's to see where Berto is at.

Does he try take this Mosley out? Does he show some urgency in this fight? Does he take risks to put Mosley away? Or will it be just another fight, where he does enough?
I don't want this fight, you're the one that brought it up. I don't know how else I can look at this fight that you mentioned. I'm just saying I would look at it to see where Berto is at. Considering I know where Mosley is at, I have no interest in this fight, so for me it's just a fight to judge Berto. Don't care about Mosley.

Pretty much this, I don't wanna see Mosley again and Berto can make a better fight to see where he is! A Mike Jones fight has a nice ring to it!

This post has been edited by caneman: Jul 4 2011, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 4 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #5

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

I don't know about everyone else but I happen to think that Berto-Mosley would make a nice main event on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights.

It's really not viable for much more than that.

It would give an idea of where Berto is in a general sense, and where Mosley is against those who aren't named Pacquiao and Mayweather. Does that deserve an HBO main event slot? Honestly... no. Would it get one? Probably.

It would be best for the sport if it was indeed on Friday Night Fights... which is precisely why it wouldn't happen that way.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 4 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Haha...

Yeah don't get me wrong here..... I don't want to see Shane fight anymore either...

JUst because I brought it up doesn't mean I want to see it honestly..

I was just thinking what could be next for Berto. The first person to come to mind was Mosely. Idk why, im sure Berto is looking for a notable name, a good payday, and someone to look good against...

Lls.. I guess that's why he came to mind first...

So who else? Mike Jones?... I like this one Caneman but im sure Berrto doesnt and neither does the general public... hence low #'s....

So I guess the real title of this thread should be "BERTO'S NEXT FIGHT"....

What say you?...

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 4 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Amateur

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 4 2011, 06:22 PM) *
Haha...

Yeah don't get me wrong here..... I don't want to see Shane fight anymore either...

JUst because I brought it up doesn't mean I want to see it honestly..

I was just thinking what could be next for Berto. The first person to come to mind was Mosely. Idk why, im sure Berto is looking for a notable name, a good payday, and someone to look good against...

Lls.. I guess that's why he came to mind first...

So who else? Mike Jones?... I like this one Caneman but im sure Berrto doesnt and neither does the general public... hence low #'s....

So I guess the real title of this thread should be "BERTO'S NEXT FIGHT"....

What say you?...

Honestly, Berto has some work to do to DO ANY NUMBERS AT ALL IMO...Berto vs Jones is a great undercard fight on HBO! Jones stops him though IMO! Jones has looked great in his last 2 fights! Just saying! Who is Berto other than an inactive fighter who was lucky enough to win a belt???

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Jul 4 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Ide watch Berto-Mosley... but i wouldnt expect anything... and damn sure wouldnt pay for it. Ide do it to see where Berto is but ide also like to know if Pac made Mosley show his Pussy or if Mosley lost his balls altogether... i also wanna see Mosleys sexy as gf on the sideline... lol. shes looked pretty hot with that "OH SHIT" worried look on her face... hahahaha..

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jul 4 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Amateur

But Berto could fight Jan Zaveck, Vyacheslav Senchenko or even Rafal Jackiewicz if he dares!

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 4 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i would like to see Mosley tee off on Berto like he did Margarito. i don't see it happening though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:53 AM