IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 09:25 PM) *
he's fast as shit! but very precise. laser like precision to be exact! that looping left he throws to the live never seems to miss. watching his highlight video...u almost have to slow shit down to catch it.

I guess "precise" is what I was getting at, but for some reason, I couldn't get it out. I'll blame it on the trees though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #42

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,614

Stoked about this one and getting more excited as we count down the days. Rigo is looking terrific. I haven't seen much of Donaire. I was never a big fan of Casamayor, but I'm very pleased to see him in Rigos camp. Something about that seems right. And Pedro Diaz in the corner seems like a better fit than Rubio, whom Rigo sometimes seemed to ignore. The respect is there with Diaz, and the relationship is there from the amateurs. And Diaz's training techniques are so fun to watch, especially with Rigo being so athletic and super fast. He's like a mongoose...Rikki Tikki Tavi (favorite childhood story alert, lol).

So, I'm expecting the little mongoose to bite the head of the bigger cobra and dash the hopes of Arum and HBO...but this will definitely not be an easy fight for Rigo....and the fact that Donaire was so very reluctant speaks volumes to his unspoken acknowledgement that this will be a very difficult fight for him as well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Is it the 13th yet???

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #44

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 08:25 PM) *
he's fast as shit! but very precise. laser like precision to be exact! that looping left he throws to the live never seems to miss. watching his highlight video...u almost have to slow shit down to catch it.

That cat's left to the body is crazy. I like the intrigue of this match up. Donaire, who has shown he has a bit of trouble w/ guys who are really good defensively, will be getting a guy who pretty much stays in his wheel house. To the naked eye, this looks just what the doctor order for Nonito. However, I dunno. It's going to be real interesting to see how cautious or reckless Donaire gets w/n striking range of Rigo.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 10 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #45

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 10:22 AM) *
Is it the 13th yet???

I been thinking that since yesterday! longest week ever.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 10 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #46

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I'm taking Rigondeaux.

I'm watching this Marroquin fight and I simply am watching boxing domination.

Too much experience and too many skills. Movement, compact frame, low center of gravity.

I see this guy frustrating Nonito. I also see Nonito being hit. A lot.

If the judges have been paid off, Nonito wins. Otherwise, it's Rigo all day.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #47

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Stoked about this one and getting more excited as we count down the days. Rigo is looking terrific. I haven't seen much of Donaire. I was never a big fan of Casamayor, but I'm very pleased to see him in Rigos camp. Something about that seems right. And Pedro Diaz in the corner seems like a better fit than Rubio, whom Rigo sometimes seemed to ignore. The respect is there with Diaz, and the relationship is there from the amateurs. And Diaz's training techniques are so fun to watch, especially with Rigo being so athletic and super fast. He's like a mongoose...Rikki Tikki Tavi (favorite childhood story alert, lol).

So, I'm expecting the little mongoose to bite the head of the bigger cobra and dash the hopes of Arum and HBO...but this will definitely not be an easy fight for Rigo....and the fact that Donaire was so very reluctant speaks volumes to his unspoken acknowledgement that this will be a very difficult fight for him as well.

[size="6"][/size]

That was my JOINT!!!! "If you moooove...I will sssssstrike the boooyyy...."

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *

preach!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 10 2013, 11:04 AM) *
I'm taking Rigondeaux.

Too much experience and too many skills. Movement, compact frame, low center of gravity.

ppl are holding on to that "marroquin rocked rigondeaux" b.s. he landed that shot...but rigondeaux shut it down quick and took back over.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 10 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #50

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 09:22 AM) *
Is it the 13th yet???

Lol...excited much!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But I feel ya...the buzz is really starting to build for me too. Should be a great fight.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 10 2013, 11:04 AM) *
I'm taking Rigondeaux.

Agreed!

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2013, 03:19 PM) *
[size="6"][/size]

That was my JOINT!!!! "If you moooove...I will sssssstrike the boooyyy...."

Big smile! =) Mine too Bnoles, mine too!! Absolutely adored it...the book, movie. Great times!! =)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 03:25 PM) *
preach!!!

Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 03:29 PM) *
ppl are holding on to that "marroquin rocked rigondeaux" b.s. he landed that shot...but rigondeaux shut it down quick and took back over.

Rewatching the Marroquin fight later. And a Donaire fight...not sure yet which one. But Rigo is looking great...And Donaire appears more solid (if you will), physically, than in recent fights. He's even sporting a tan. But he's also above mandatory weight. 7 pounds over on Monday. 5 extra pounds today. Baby on the way. His "nutritionist" (heavy quotations) left him 3 weeks before the biggest fight of his career....things are getting mighty interesting over at camp Donaire.

Forgive my rhyming...lol. Once I started, kinda had to finish it. Lol

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 07:34 PM