> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #71

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 05:10 PM) *
looks like Floyd accomplished his objective... look at all the hoopla over his comments towards Ward... just adds to his upcoming event- Great Marketing LOL

if u think that was by design i have a bridge i wanna sell u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 09:17 PM) *
did ward speak out of pocket? i must have missed that.

Andre Ward Responds to Floyds Mayweather

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 14 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #73

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 04:17 PM) *

No he didn't, quite the opposite. I agree with others, in that this isn't really news worthy and tbh, from what I've seen, this "blip" has gotten more steam in this forum, than anywhere else (I have my thoughts as to why, but we'll leave that alone).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 14 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 02:17 PM) *

His comment about what he did to Ortiz and after he head butted him. He felt Ward spoke against him then he said a couple of sly shit but nothing serious.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 03:09 PM) *
say what u will...but i read nothing but respect coming from floyds team in response to what essentially was more shit talk coming from j prince. all of this wouldn't be an issue now if floyd didn't start poppin off at the mouth. that shit talking flies in some places....but among men, it gets no play.

J Prince is a fuckin gangster. Don't act like you or anyone else on this board has the nuts to go against him. He already sent goons that put hands on Ellerbe and that eventual turn coat Tommy Smalls. Amongst men? If selling drugs, extortion, and bullying people is a man to you, then that's find and dandy by me. But don't expect me to agree. His record in entertainment business is questionable. Dawson sued his ass and at the hearing no one could tell you what he actually did.Men are defined by much more then what you think. I know you on your Cali kick but open up your eyes a bit fam

Floyd can say what he wants, just like Ward and Prince, but that don't change the facts. You say they comp alot of Floyd fights. WTF you think they do at Ward fights? You can google search and get that info. Bring it back and let's see who is more popula and who shit gets comp'd more. Floyd fights get under a 1,000 comp'd. Broner move numbers. Ward can barely get his mom to come to his fights

I'm seriously asking you what PROFF do you have that Ward is popular then Broner? I'm actually looking for the ehter that you co-signing also. If that's ether then I want to be addressed as Nas from hear on out. Floyd was a bit tacky in his approach and how he said it but don't sit here and deny the fact that he had a point with some of the things he was saying. No one likes Bible thumpers. Why, I don't know. While Ward is the real deal and I feel Floyd shouldn't have questioned that, he could have articulated it better, but therein lies his problem. He means well but it doesn't translate. The thought was nice but when the plan is executed it falls flat.

But in regards to J Prince, I got to say he's the last person to be speaking on anything demonic and about a person's shortcomings. You can agree or disagree but facts are facts.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

@andreward
I'm not an athlete who happens to be a Christian, but a Christian who happens to be an athlete!!

@andreward
I Won't Sell My Soul For Money, Fans, PPV Buys, or Whatever Else. I'm Not Selling Out!! God Has Been Too Good To Me!! #SOG

@andreward
I'm not just trying to just get or take something from the game...but give something to the game & leave a legacy.

‏@andreward
If a fighter leaves with their facilities in tact, finances in tact, integrity in tact. You can call that a successful career in my book.

‏@andreward
I love boxing y'all...but there is more to my life than lacing up boxing gloves. It's a small part of my life.

‏@andreward
One day boxing will end. No more fans, no more big checks, no more tv. People will be cheering someone else on. Then...who are you

Got to give it up to Ward, he is forever the class act

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 14 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #77

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 06:53 PM) *
@andreward
I'm not an athlete who happens to be a Christian, but a Christian who happens to be an athlete!!

@andreward
I Won't Sell My Soul For Money, Fans, PPV Buys, or Whatever Else. I'm Not Selling Out!! God Has Been Too Good To Me!! #SOG

@andreward
I'm not just trying to just get or take something from the game...but give something to the game & leave a legacy.

‏@andreward
If a fighter leaves with their facilities in tact, finances in tact, integrity in tact. You can call that a successful career in my book.

‏@andreward
I love boxing y'all...but there is more to my life than lacing up boxing gloves. It's a small part of my life.

‏@andreward
One day boxing will end. No more fans, no more big checks, no more tv. People will be cheering someone else on. Then...who are you

He can text whatever, but it doesn't mean that's the way he actually feels on the inside. Who really believes that he doesn't want to be a big attraction, make a boat load of money, and whatever comes with being # 1? It just irks my nerves how people use religion or god to justify an argument and Ward isn't the only one guilty of this. He is basically saying that Floyd sold his soul to the devil lol and that he can't make to that level necause he following the righteous path. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 06:07 PM) *
J Prince is a fuckin gangster. Don't act like you or anyone else on this board has the nuts to go against him. He already sent goons that put hands on Ellerbe and that eventual turn coat Tommy Smalls. Amongst men? If selling drugs, extortion, and bullying people is a man to you, then that's find and dandy by me. But don't expect me to agree. His record in entertainment business is questionable. Dawson sued his ass and at the hearing no one could tell you what he actually did.Men are defined by much more then what you think. I know you on your Cali kick but open up your eyes a bit fam

Floyd can say what he wants, just like Ward and Prince, but that don't change the facts. You say they comp alot of Floyd fights. WTF you think they do at Ward fights? You can google search and get that info. Bring it back and let's see who is more popula and who shit gets comp'd more. Floyd fights get under a 1,000 comp'd. Broner move numbers. Ward can barely get his mom to come to his fights

I'm seriously asking you what PROFF do you have that Ward is popular then Broner? I'm actually looking for the ehter that you co-signing also. If that's ether then I want to be addressed as Nas from hear on out. Floyd was a bit tacky in his approach and how he said it but don't sit here and deny the fact that he had a point with some of the things he was saying. No one likes Bible thumpers. Why, I don't know. While Ward is the real deal and I feel Floyd shouldn't have questioned that, he could have articulated it better, but therein lies his problem. He means well but it doesn't translate. The thought was nice but when the plan is executed it falls flat.

But in regards to J Prince, I got to say he's the last person to be speaking on anything demonic and about a person's shortcomings. You can agree or disagree but facts are facts.

i didn't say he wasn't a gangster. i'm not acting like nothing. i know this much...i ain't talking shit unless i'm absolutely sure i can back it up...and even then, actions speak louder than words. you are entitled to your opinion. we have walked different paths. i don't expect you to see shit the way i do. i've been in cali for a minute but best believe i'm south side chi til i die. i'll put that on everything. i've been a man a long time and i've known real men all my life. i guess what it comes down to is we are living in different times. i grew up during a time where if you popped off at the mouth, you got dealt with. plain and simple. i know there are plenty of cats out there that still roll that way. i think it's a generational thing. it's like cats out there that play keyboard gangsters but in real life won't say a single word. it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. best believe words are very powerful. people need to choose them wisely. while he's entertaining some...he's offending others. that's something that can get him hurt. i know the reputation that j prince has.

it's ether because there were prophets who were warriors like he said. i named david as the example. it's also ether because floyd forgot he didn't sell well at one point in his career either. i'm not arguing wards and floyds numbers. there's no comparison....but let's not act like floyd is selling out arenas world wide when he isn't. like i said before....his ppv numbers don't lie...but last i checked, floyd hasn't fought outside of vegas in a long time. also...let's not act like floyd is where he is at because of his own doing. i asked in another post...and i'll ask again... would he be in this position without his pops? or without his uncle? he comes from a fighting family that has decades of experience that he benefited from, so for him to compare himself to ward isn't fair. also...i mentioned that the lack of opposition for ward isn't something he has control of. floyd came at a time when there was plenty of opposition in the weight classes he's been in. i pointed out that ward took a different path. they opted out of their hbo contract to get where he is today. i asked before...and i'll ask again...would floyd still be undefeated without his uncle or pops? without bob arum and his brilliant match makers? it's just ward and virgil hunter. success is a relative term. sure...ward has a gold medal, but he came at a time when things have drastically changed in boxing. there was no team behind him like there was behind oscar, leonard, ali or even floyd for that matter.

broner is popular to hbo subscribers and on twitter i guess. i got rid of both. the ppl i know and talk to about boxing....and there are very many....would agree that ward is the more popular fighter because of his accomplishments at this point. like i said before....broner is young in his career, he may pass ward eventually. especially with him being one of the last guys at hbo. he's the next guy they're going to try and force feed the public.

truth or not....floyd crossed a line imo. i guess he got homotional because ward said he was rooting for guerrero. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) more proof that he wants to be loved.

this is ridiculous. i'm a floyd fan. again...i don't give a shit about what he does outside of the ring. i'm tuning out on this topic and i'll tune back in for the fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 06:53 PM) *
@andreward

@andreward

@andreward

‏@andreward

‏@andreward

‏@andreward

yes he is.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 14 2013, 07:24 PM) *
He can text whatever, but it doesn't mean that's the way he actually feels on the inside. Who really believes that he doesn't want to be a big attraction, make a boat load of money, and whatever comes with being # 1? It just irks my nerves how people use religion or god to justify an argument and Ward isn't the only one guilty of this. He is basically saying that Floyd sold his soul to the devil lol and that he can't make to that level necause he following the righteous path. Lol

that's an assumption.

let's not get it twisted...they're all in this for the money, but that isn't all they're in it for. a friend of mine was recently complaining about an amateur tournament that has been around since forever and how it had fallen from what it once was. everyone and their mother had something to say about why....but the one that stuck out the most to me...he pointed to how the old timers did it for the love of the sport. they wanted to give the kids something good and everyone rallied around that. they didn't make much money doing it either. the new guys running the tournament are all about the money and it's gone to pure shit. so much so that no one wants to participate. money isn't everything.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:58 PM