> Ortiz's future after the fight
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #31

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 01:23 PM) *
he didnt look rusty against mosley but that shot he took, I don't think he would of taken it if it wasnt for a lay off. after he adjusted for that shot by throwing a left hook to ensure mosley backed off.

Mosley set the shot up well, jab to the body and then the right upstairs, Nazim and Mosley worked on this set up. Mayweather has been caught before(Corley, Judah, Agustus), just not recently. I think he's fine. He looks good in the training session they have put out so far, his hands are still fast and he lives a good life(no drinking/smoking/partying/weight-gain/punishment). I don't think he will be that rusty. I guess we'll see on 9/17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 01:32 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Damn yall were debating this long? Where tha hell was I at? I wanted to get in on it...guess I missed out 'cause of my layoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 23 2011, 01:32 PM) *
Damn yall were debating this long? Where tha hell was I at? I wanted to get in on it...guess I missed out 'cause of my layoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

haha, get up in it

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 02:36 PM) *
haha, get up in it

Lol, yall are knee-deep in this one.. Im might have to catch yall on the next one. Good debates though

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 23 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Lol, yall are knee-deep in this one.. Im might have to catch yall on the next one. Good debates though

haha, of course it was another thread dedicated to a boxer and ends up being about Mayweather... dammit. I'm done on this one, there were some good points made tho.

Eighty88eight, I see where u were coming from. I enjoy the arguments too much not to comment haha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 02:59 PM) *
haha, of course it was another thread dedicated to a boxer and ends up being about Mayweather... dammit. I'm done on this one, there were some good points made tho.

Eighty88eight, I see where u were coming from. I enjoy the arguments too much not to comment haha

Isn't that always the ending result (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) We all get caught up every now and then...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 23 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

It all comes down to how Ortiz fights. If he fades in the middle and later rounds and becomes Floyd punching bag, he can fight Shane or Sergio. That would be a big fight. Khan would be interesting and if Bradely moves up that would be another great fight. It all comes down to how he fights wins or lose. If he wins his career is in his hands if he loses he better put on a good performance. I wonder if his trainer knows what the hell he is doing... I just do not want him to take this fight as another walk in the park. Hell if he knocks May down that is an accomplishment. I hope he has a good game plan, if May figures him out in three rounds like he did Shane or JMM then it is over. If May picks him apart and toys with him like Hatton then its all bad. I want Ortiz to box smart and brawl when neccessary. I can't wait to Sep 17! Let's go

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 23 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #38

Guests

Mayweather doesn't seem to like punishment. Nothing wrong with that, we have defensive fighters who are comparable to Mayweather in Hopkins and Toney. Hopkins and Toney fight the fights where they hit and try not to get hit, but willing to take shots and doesn't bother them getting hit. Like water off a ducks back for them.
I'm not suggesting Mayweather is a coward or scared or anything like that, but getting hit seems to bother him more than Hopkins and Toney. Only reason I am using Hopkins and Toney as an example, because it would be just a matter of time before someone says that Floyd likes the sweet science and isn't like a Gatti type of fighter.
Not knocking Mayweather, but I agree with what was said earlier, that punishment tends to bother Mayweather a bit, compared to other defensive fighters like Hopkins and Toney.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 23 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 23 2011, 06:16 PM) *
I hope he has a good game plan, if May figures him out in three rounds like he did Shane or JMM then it is over.

Trust me Mayweather already has him figured out. I'm pleased to see Victor get a payday and shot at redemption but he brings nothing that Mayweather hasn't faced better before.

I'm more pumped for the undercard!

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 23 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #40

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 23 2011, 08:00 PM) *
Trust me Mayweather already has him figured out. I'm pleased to see Victor get a payday and shot at redemption but he brings nothing that Mayweather hasn't faced better before.

I'm more pumped for the undercard!

Trust me Mayweather already has him figured out. I'm pleased to see Castillo get a payday but he brings nothing that Mayweather hasn't faced better before.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:16 PM