IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Berto v Dejan Zavec (No Spoilers, Preview Only), Berto best be on his (limited) game.
EAlbian
post Sep 4 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #31

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

I want to see more Zavek. I thought he was doing a good job, his punches seemed to be the ones snapping Bertos head back. This would have been a real interesting fight in the later rounds. I think Zavek deserves another HBO date. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. I'd love to see a Berto vs Maidana, someones getting stopped brutally.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 10:55 AM) *
I want to see more Zavek. I thought he was doing a good job, his punches seemed to be the ones snapping Bertos head back. This would have been a real interesting fight in the later rounds. I think Zavek deserves another HBO date. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. I'd love to see a Berto vs Maidana, someones getting stopped brutally.

+1
Zavec just didn't open up as much as he should've and we all saw that Berto was there to be hit. For some odd reason, I dont think too many are going to go in there balls to the wall like Ortiz did and pound this guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Zavec again on HBO.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 4 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 10:55 AM) *

i would like a rematch but it wont happen. Zavec said he wont hold his belt hostage, Berto will.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 4 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #34

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 02:41 PM) *
i would like a rematch but it wont happen. Zavec said he wont hold his belt hostage, Berto will.

I don't think we'll get an immediate rematch, but i wouldn't mind seeing them throw another fighter in there with Zavek and see if he can spark a following. I think the guy is good for boxing. He reminds me of Abraham with more speed and less devastating one punch power. He seemed extremely willing and if his face would have held up he would have been a night mare for Berto in the later rounds

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 03:55 PM) *
I don't think we'll get an immediate rematch, but i wouldn't mind seeing them throw another fighter in there with Zavek and see if he can spark a following. I think the guy is good for boxing. He reminds me of Abraham with more speed and less devastating one punch power. He seemed extremely willing and if his face would have held up he would have been a night mare for Berto in the later rounds

That would've been the result if that eye wasn't so bad. Berto knew this as much as we did. That mouse under Berto's left eye was starting to swell, and Zavec had no problem with exchanging punches. I agree, he didn't have much power, but he was quick and slick enough to land them and snap Berto's egg head back a few times.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 3 2011, 11:59 PM) *
Wow Berto gets a belt back!

I know right? How fair is that? Guess he is exempt from losing a belt and having to work his way back to another one. Guess this is the best that they could give him, cause he blew his chance at a big fight with Floyd...whether Floyd is willing to admit his real reason for attending the fight or not.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 10 2011, 08:26 AM) *
Good fight that was about to develop into a special fight if Zavec's face could have held up.

Yeah, another special case of discouragement was brewing for Berto, if Zavec's face would've held up. Berto needs an assistant trainer, and drop his cotton-mouth brother and his dad who finds it useful to yell mumbo-jumbo between rounds.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 10 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #37

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

Someone please identify the guy on your right (Berto's left) in the photo, together with the two guys who appear to be his sons, and what they do? I see them in the ring quite a number times during introductions and post-fight interviews as they try to motivate fighters.

TIA.

P34c3

(IMG:http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5064/zaveckbertopostfight.gif)

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Sep 10 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #38

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

same ole berto

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Sep 10 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #39

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) berto beat the heck out of this dude and ppl still want to see more of him.....

lol at all the comments before this fight counting out berto..

they gave berto this belt, i didnt even know who this dude was.....I knew this was going to be an easy win for berto. He was supposed to win this fight.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 11 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #40

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 10 2011, 08:09 PM) *
Someone please identify the guy on your right (Berto's left) in the photo, together with the two guys who appear to be his sons, and what they do? I see them in the ring quite a number times during introductions and post-fight interviews as they try to motivate fighters.

TIA.

P34c3

(IMG:http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5064/zaveckbertopostfight.gif)

I can bet my life the photo appeared properly in my original post as intended, but somehow it became just a placeholder later.

here's another link to the screen capture... and I still need help to identify the characters in the photo. TIA.

Zaveck-Berto_post-fight_image

P34c3

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:44 AM